Author Topic: Where you go? [#2811]  (Read 328 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Where you go? [#2811]
« on: May 30, 2014, 06:01:49 AM »
Hi Norm? I think that's your name? I know you don't know me or even remotely know me. I was reading and found your site on when we die we just die and the things and beliefs you were disscussing as your convictions.Can I ask you what is the harm in asking God if He is real? Why can't you just ask him what happens when you die?  You may be surprised at what you hear. He can speak for HImself. Listen I would be like you too and debunk all of it if God had not spoken back to me. And I'm not talking about a " feeling" or a little voice in my head. When I asked God out loud "what happens when you die" I was completely stunned, while I was asleep a literal voice spoke back to me " Though your earthly tabernacle be disolved there is prepared for you a tabernacle not made with hands in the heavens" I woke up the next day and searched this message out. I knew I didn't create that voice I was passed out asleep only to wake up with something speaking to me out of no where.  After i searched it out I found that identical scripture was infact in the new testament. I couldn't believe it! He spoke to me verbadam out of His word. It may sound like a fairytale or a riddle.  But God is more than real my friend. You could realize that now in your life or later but My advice would be to just ask God put it out there! He can hear you if you call on Him in Jesus name. SOO many people are christians because they've been taught or repetively served Him out of traditions and man made religion.GOd doesn't want us to be robots.  But SOOO many christians  also are genuinly serving Him because and  ONLY because( including myself)  He revealed HImself to us. He changed our scientific minds and slammed open the door of what is impossible. PLease just ask Him. He does love you, He is incredible!! Full of PEACE and genuinly a True friend.  What could it hurt to ask?
Thoroughly convinced,
[name removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Where you go? [#2811]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 07:37:33 AM »
Dreams come from inside your head, though.  And this voice quoting scripture at you is almost certainly just you remembering it being told to you out of nowhere.

I've woken up thinking I heard someone talking, but concluded it was just a part of my dream.  I'm afraid you'll need more than "God quoted scripture at me in my dream" to be convincing.

Online Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:40:57 AM »
So you had a dream about things that you regularly experience as part of the background of the culture that you grew up in...and you expect that to be convincing, how?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »
If god really did enter dreams, we'd expect the world to had settled on one unified religion a long time ago.  Instead, we have dozens and dozens of religions, many of them with multiple sects.  Christianity alone has 40,000-somethings sects.  This scenario is what we'd expect if the god in your dream was really your imagination.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 11:04:38 AM »
Hi Norm? ......

IMO, there are different levels of religion/non-religion.   At it's basic, where I am presently, there is simply a search for truth, no matter where it leads.  I believe there is no deity at all.  But how can I know.  And even if there is, I feel like that intellectual search does our existence a service.  If a deity can't handle my doubt, oh well.

Another level of religion is a belief in a god, but with no coercion of others.  That is an acceptable position to me.  Many, such as members of my family, have this belief, and do good things that are or are not based on these beliefs, but more importantly do nothing to bother others. 

Others, perhaps meaning well, feel it is their duty to "save us."  Bothersome to some, but if the argument is from good desire for others - oh well, I can handle it -  even inviting Jehovah's Witnesses in for tea (and debate).

But the religious position that is not only convinced it is always correct, and is willing to do what it must to push those positions onto all of world society, demands that a website like whywontgodhealamputees.com continue.  The fact that we can only safely hold these arguments because of the internet says much about the dangerous intolerance of theism.   Examples of these religious views we many times list here are the Taliban, or Westboro Baptists, or those religious people that refuse to go to a doctor, or African fundamentalist Christians that feel a duty to burn witches, or Christians that picket young women seeking advice at planned parenthood, or Hindus that still practice the caste system, or the sexism of Islam, or what is sometimes arrogance of Judaism and Calvinistic Christianity, or a protection of catholic priests (or any religious leaders) as "above" the rest of us. 

And what about the wealth of religious organizations - if that is spread outside the church with an understanding of what little importance wealth is - no problem.  But if that wealth is saved and built up from sheep-like believers that are only funding man's greed - that is also a problem.   Anyway, that's a start - that's "where I go."

- Norm

edit - grammar
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:09:25 AM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 02:12:15 PM »
Hi Norm? I think that's your name? I know you don't know me or even remotely know me. I was reading and found your site on when we die we just die and the things and beliefs you were disscussing as your convictions.Can I ask you what is the harm in asking God if He is real? Why can't you just ask him what happens when you die?  You may be surprised at what you hear. He can speak for HImself. Listen I would be like you too and debunk all of it if God had not spoken back to me. And I'm not talking about a " feeling" or a little voice in my head. When I asked God OUT LOUD "what happens when you die" I was completely stunned,WHILE I WAS ASLEEP a literal voice spoke back to me " Though your earthly tabernacle be disolved there is prepared for you a tabernacle not made with hands in the heavens" I woke up the next day and searched this message out. I knew I didn't create that voice I was passed out asleep only to wake up with something speaking to me out of no where.  After i searched it out I found that identical scripture was infact in the new testament. I couldn't believe it! He spoke to me verbadam out of His word. It may sound like a fairytale or a riddle.  But God is more than real my friend. You could realize that now in your life or later but My advice would be to just ask God put it out there! He can hear you if you call on Him in Jesus name. SOO many people are christians because they've been taught or repetively served Him out of traditions and man made religion.GOd doesn't want us to be robots.  But SOOO many christians  also are genuinly serving Him because and  ONLY because( including myself)  He revealed HImself to us. He changed our scientific minds and slammed open the door of what is impossible. PLease just ask Him. He does love you, He is incredible!! Full of PEACE and genuinly a True friend.  What could it hurt to ask?
Thoroughly convinced,
[name removed]

[Bolded and bolded capped mine]

FUNNIEST SHIT EVER!!!

You asked Biblegod  if he was real in actuality and YOU HAD TO GO TO SLEEP TO HEAR HIM!

You gotta admit, that's funny.

Oh, and the last part which basically says, "Biblegod had to make me stupid to believe in him."

Thanks for the laugh.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »
God, are you real?
This is the third time I've asked this today. Twice out loud and once on this forum. Let's see how it goes tonight.

Also, Mr. #2811, you do know what dreams are, right? You make stuff up in them all the time. In fact, the dreams themselves are made up. So yes, you could have made it up; just not consciously.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 09:24:54 PM »
We're all going to...no where. We're not going to no where for laughing at this.
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 11:51:03 PM »
You can ask god all you want. There is never any problem with that. Making up his answers, though? That's a bad thing.

He can't answer you. He isn't real. You are. So you can answer yourself. But please don't. No good ever comes from that.

Your OP is proof of that.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 01:01:30 PM »
God, are you real?
This is the third time I've asked this today. Twice out loud and once on this forum. Let's see how it goes tonight.

Also, Mr. #2811, you do know what dreams are, right? You make stuff up in them all the time. In fact, the dreams themselves are made up. So yes, you could have made it up; just not consciously.

I had completely forgotten about this. No surprise, nothing happened. Nothing ever does. No magical spell prayer ever does anything.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.