Author Topic: Hi [#2810]  (Read 85 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Hi [#2810]
« on: May 30, 2014, 05:58:55 AM »
To whom it may concern:

Five years ago, I was reading a general chat section of a game development forum, where there was a debate about religion. My family, especially my aunts, have been devout Catholics for several generations, and had made me believe in God. In the thread, someone linked to your website. I clicked the link out of curiosity, and started looking through your site.

That was the single greatest decision I ever made.

I spent several days looking through your websites (WWGHA and GII), considering my own experience and the logic provided. I also checked a few other websites as well.

When I was done, I was pretty upset. I realized that I had been lied to for seventeen years.

Since then, I've read several arguments by religious authors. After critically examining them, I realized that they were ludicrous.

In the present day, my family is still devout Catholics. I've tried convincing them, but they responded with circular logic and fallacies, giving further anecdotal evidence strengthening my rationality.

Thank you for everything. You've truly changed my life.

Sincerely,

[name removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +29/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Re: Hi [#2810]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
It's great to hear stories like yours.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Hi [#2810]
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
Join the website.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?