Author Topic: How did God come to be?  (Read 138 times)

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • WWGHA Member
How did God come to be?
« on: May 28, 2014, 08:01:12 AM »
I know, it's a standard question.  But for any theists out there that claim to communicate with God, do any of you ask him how he came to be?  Where did he/she/it come from?  Does God ever ask itself how it came to be?  Why me?  How did I get to be God?  Do I have the option to relinquish this role, or am I stuck with this for eternity?  What does God say to you?  Does God say clearly that he's the Bible-God?  Do you know for sure God is a he?  It seems to me that if you're truly communicating with God, these would be some basic questions to ask.  AND, if billions of others were truly communicating with God as well, the answers would all be the same as yours.  So why don't we have a standard answer for how he came to be, or where he came from, or if he's grateful for being God for eternity, or if he's a man, and which textual version of God he is? 

I suspect the answer to these questions would be "some things must remain a mystery", or something to that effect.  But I'm curious to see if there are any answers.  And to those of you like me (former believers) - when you TRULY were convinced - and you'd pray to God - did you ever ask any of these questions while you prayed?  I admit I never did - and I admit I never felt like a God was talking to me.  I just held my head down like everyone else in a group prayer. 

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: How did God come to be?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:47:52 AM »
I know, it's a standard question.  But for any theists out there that claim to communicate with God, do any of you ask him how he came to be?  Where did he/she/it come from?  Does God ever ask itself how it came to be?  Why me?  How did I get to be God?  Do I have the option to relinquish this role, or am I stuck with this for eternity?  What does God say to you?  Does God say clearly that he's the Bible-God?  Do you know for sure God is a he?  It seems to me that if you're truly communicating with God, these would be some basic questions to ask.  AND, if billions of others were truly communicating with God as well, the answers would all be the same as yours.  So why don't we have a standard answer for how he came to be, or where he came from, or if he's grateful for being God for eternity, or if he's a man, and which textual version of God he is? 

I suspect the answer to these questions would be "some things must remain a mystery", or something to that effect.  But I'm curious to see if there are any answers.  And to those of you like me (former believers) - when you TRULY were convinced - and you'd pray to God - did you ever ask any of these questions while you prayed?  I admit I never did - and I admit I never felt like a God was talking to me. I just held my head down like everyone else in a group prayer.

1. You are right.
2. You should be more sincere in your quest. God is aware of everyone true nature and desire.
According to Theists: Theists know God, Atheists don't.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: How did God come to be?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 04:52:23 AM »

2. You should be more sincere in your quest. God is aware of everyone true nature and desire.

That is just a terrible thing to say to somebody.  You have no idea how sincere this guy YCHTT was about being a Christian.

My answer would be because Christianity is false doctrine.  It is a religion.  It is a disgrace to God and to Jesus.  The fact that this man along with many many others lose faith in it proves that they, Christians, are sowing rotten seeds.

I'd say this man had a tragedy in his life and felt like God was not there for him and his family.  When his pleas for mercy went unanswered he could no longer believe there was a God. 

Suffering causes lack of faith not insincerity.

Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99