Author Topic: Why does skeptic54768 dodge me?  (Read 593 times)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Why does skeptic54768 dodge me?
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 05:44:28 PM »
What/why do you feel I am dodging?

By all means, please use this thread to ask me questions, Junebug.

Because you do not respond to my posts to you. 

Why must you believe in a cruel God?  I wish you would read the article in my thread "God Hates Religion".  That's what all these hateful rules and stories come from; religion.  I will never believe they come from God.  I love God very much whether real or not the concept has been very helpful to me.

I am living proof that every thing you say is wrong.  You make these people believe less than they did when you got here.  You are not helping.  You are the kind of Christian that just makes the whole thing disgusting.  Ever heard of Martin Luther King.  Maybe you should listen to some of the things he said. 

“Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy.
Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice.
Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of God's children. Now is the time to lift our nation from the qu icksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood.”

? Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World

It is time you give us gays the same liberty and justice your race deserves.  I have always supported equality for all.  It's time you do the same.  America stands for equality and freedom for all.

You're right, Junebug. But, God does not like organized religion. Christianity is more of a philosophy and relationship than a religion though.

I do not believe in a cruel God. I believe in a God who allows people to reap what they sow. If God did not dole out punishment, he would be a pushover and nobody respects a pushover.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Don_Quixote

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
Re: Why does skeptic54768 dodge me?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »
To me, hapiness is an attitude more than an achievement. Sick people can feel happy by killing people as much as a child can be happy with feeding bunnies. Being happy is not always being good.