Author Topic: Homosexuality is a choice?  (Read 705 times)

Offline shnozzola

Re: Homosexuality is a choice?
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2014, 04:12:56 PM »
Below is an exchange with Skeptic ........

^you don't read very well, do you?
-Nam

Sorry, OldChurchGuy, for misunderstanding.
And Nam, it's true, after that "See Spot Run" stuff I've been winging it with what few brain cells remain.  :)
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »
People are blowing this way out of proportion.
Actually, you're the one who's doing that.

Quote from: skeptic54768
Allow me to clarify my position:

If you are attracted then men, then just don't have sex with them. God will not punish you if you admit you are attracted to the same sex. He will punish you if you  engage in the act of same-sex sex.
Or, much more likely, he won't care either way, and it's only people like you who use the presumed "Word of God" to justify your attitude towards homosexual activity and to threaten men who have sex with men with divine wrath.

Quote from: skeptic54768
Homosexuality is a way of lashing out at God because you view yourself as unworthy of God, so you engage in acts that make Him mad.
Do you really think a god worth worshiping would let himself be provoked to condemn people to eternal damnation for such juvenile behavior as you describe?

What I think is that you say these things so you can pretend to be wise and understanding about things you hate.  After all, "God" has your back, so you don't have to actually do anything to stop people from doing those things; instead, you just tell them how much "God" hates that behavior and let their own minds and imaginations do the work.  You can even seem sympathetic by pretending that they're acting like an immature child who's just put out with "God" and thus does things they know "God" won't like.

What that says about you as a person is not at all complimentary.  It certainly doesn't put Christianity in anything resembling a positive light.  Loving someone is not about threatening them because they do things you don't like, or that "God" doesn't like for that matter.  It's about accepting them despite the things they do that you don't like.  It's about being positive, not negative; to help them become better people, not because they'll get rewarded if they do, or punished if they don't, but to help them be the best person they can be.  You can't do that if all you're focused on is your own wants and desires, regardless of how you dress them up.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 03:48:46 AM »
People are blowing this way out of proportion.

Allow me to clarify my position:

If you are attracted then men, then just don't have sex with them. God will not punish you if you admit you are attracted to the same sex. He will punish you if you  engage in the act of same-sex sex. Homosexuality is a way of lashing out at God because you view yourself as unworthy of God, so you engage in acts that make Him mad.

I do not lash out at God.  God comforts my soul when men like you say things like this. 

That darn bible says none are worthy. 
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +219/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 04:04:20 AM »
Homosexuality is a way of lashing out at God because you view yourself as unworthy of God, so you engage in acts that make Him mad.

Yes, it's   "A"   way, if you were so inclined.

Are you going to be a bit more definitive than that, or just write deliberately inflammatory crap?
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 05:27:23 AM »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”