Author Topic: Ken Ham, the energizer bunny  (Read 273 times)

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
Re: Ken Ham, the energizer bunny
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:44:04 PM »
The museum did not release any information about the radiometric* date of the skeleton, or the geological age of the earth it was buried in

Now why would he be shy about releasing... ohhhhh.  &)
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »
They got it from an anti-abortion organization? I want to know what they were showcasing it for?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »
Ken Ham is a go-getter. Even with evolutionists shouting that he's wrong, he's sticking to his guns. Remember that the amount of people who believe something has no bearing on the truth of the claim. Even if one person believes in creationism, it could still be true. Likewise, even if everybody believes in evolution, it could still be wrong.

Lots of scientists back in the day were laughed at, ridiculed, and mocked for information we take for granted nowadays.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »
They got it from an anti-abortion organization? I want to know what they were showcasing it for?

From what I understand, prior to the great flood, dinosaurs were staunchly pro life.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 08:39:10 PM »

From what I understand, prior to the great flood, dinosaurs were staunchly pro life.

Don't ya hate that?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +60/-31
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:16:44 AM »
For an anti evolutionist ken hams looks suspiciously like a monkey.
Signature goes here...

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 06:22:23 AM »
For an anti evolutionist ken hams looks suspiciously like a monkey.

You're surprised that someone with the IQ of a potato (and that's being generous) looks like our much dumber ancestors?[1]
 1. Yes, I know we didn't come from monkeys; it's a joke.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +60/-31
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 07:20:15 AM »
Serious trying to put my finger on the species.... is it a caiman (spelling) monkey??
Signature goes here...

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 07:29:33 AM »
Serious trying to put my finger on the species.... is it a caiman (spelling) monkey??

Looks more like that kid from Jumanji who cheated... Wait, is Jumanji a documentary? Is the game still being played?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »
Ken Ham is a go-getter. Even with evolutionists shouting that he's wrong, he's sticking to his guns. Remember that the amount of people who believe something has no bearing on the truth of the claim. Even if one person believes in creationism, it could still be true. Likewise, even if everybody believes in evolution, it could still be wrong.
It's certainly true that you can't use the number of people who believe something to determine whether it's correct.  That's why you have to find other things instead, and based on those other things, young earth creationism is about as false as it gets.  All it has left on its side is spin and deception, to try to fool as many people as it can for as long as it can.  I wouldn't be surprised to find that the reason Ken Ham is pushing these museums of his is to protect his bottom line, rather than because he actually believes that the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Quote from: skeptic54768
Lots of scientists back in the day were laughed at, ridiculed, and mocked for information we take for granted nowadays.
Problem is, Ken Ham isn't so much a scientist as he is a scam artist.  His skill is not in discovering knowledge, but in convincing people to give him money.  Which isn't a bad skill to have, I suppose, but I wish he would put it to use for better causes than trying to promote a young earth.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »

Nice choice of words from a biased poster.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 09:28:44 PM »

A caiman is a kind of alligator. 
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +60/-31
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 03:29:52 AM »
Simian?
Signature goes here...