Author Topic: Does God exists as a separate entity - separate from human brains?  (Read 15393 times)

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-36
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Re: Does God exists as a separate entity - separate from human brains?
« Reply #580 on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:21 PM »
No no no, skep theology 101, if its good its god if its bad its catholic er demons.
Signature goes here...

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-8
« Reply #581 on: July 11, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »
I feel sorry for the intellectuals in this long winded discussion , especially nogodsforme... Love her.

Does anything exist as a separated entity anymore? They are showing tv shows on the hunt or search for Bigfoot.   And it's upsetting, because it's on channels that shouldn't be affiliated with nonsense.

The bigger problem... Too many believe in nonsense so that's what's delivered to the audience.
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-36
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #582 on: July 11, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »
^ positive feedback loop.
Signature goes here...

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #583 on: July 11, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »
I feel sorry for the intellectuals in this long winded discussion , especially nogodsforme... Love her.

Does anything exist as a separated entity anymore? They are showing tv shows on the hunt or search for Bigfoot.   And it's upsetting, because it's on channels that shouldn't be affiliated with nonsense.

The bigger problem... Too many believe in nonsense so that's what's delivered to the audience.

Ha, did anyone else see the Big Foot hunter that claimed he shot Big foot?

Of course even the Big Foot believers looked at him like he was crazy and asked if he sent the body for an autopsy to verify that it was Big Foot.  He said that the autopsy report was that the body was of a feral human. 

The jackass killed some homeless person in the woods and thought he killed Big Foot.

I can only hope the story was made up (and I would guess that it was) but these days, you never really know.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #584 on: July 11, 2014, 07:43:12 PM »
^^^dont be bad mouthing Gaagiid,Sasquatch,Bigfoot it hurts their feelings
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #585 on: July 12, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »
I attended a presentation by one of the team of anthropologists who debunked Bigfoot. He said that he would love for there to be a real Bigfoot, all anthropologist would love to real evidence of an unknown humanoid being.  His contention was that all sightings were mistakes and all supposed physical evidence, including photos, hairs, footprints, etc. was fabricated.

He was very convincing.

I also have a friend who says she and her brother saw Bigfoot as they drove through the woods. He just stood up, looked and them and walked away. They looked at each other and knew that nobody would believe them.

My friend is also very convincing.

The difference is, the scientist has evidence.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #586 on: July 12, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »
I attended a presentation by one of the team of anthropologists who debunked Bigfoot. He said that he would love for there to be a real Bigfoot, all anthropologist would love to real evidence of an unknown humanoid being.  His contention was that all sightings were mistakes and all supposed physical evidence, including photos, hairs, footprints, etc. was fabricated.

He was very convincing.

I also have a friend who says she and her brother saw Bigfoot as they drove through the woods. He just stood up, looked and them and walked away. They looked at each other and knew that nobody would believe them.

My friend is also very convincing.

The difference is, the scientist has evidence.
The scientist lacks evidence,like God,evidence for the existence of Bigfoot has not been found. My particular group of people have been in North America for at least 18,000 years,stories have existed about bigfoot for almost that long. Like a theist you need to have faith (tounge pulled back out of cheek)
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #587 on: July 12, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
^^^^What I mean is, the scientist has examined the physical evidence presented in favor of Bigfoot's existence and has shown it to not be true evidence. On the other side is stories from people who say they saw Bigfoot.

Similar to the stories from people who say they have seen ghosts, zombies, chupacabras, bakas, and demons. Whenever you compare the stories to the physical evidence, the stories do not hold up.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #588 on: July 12, 2014, 06:00:40 PM »
^^^^What I mean is, the scientist has examined the physical evidence presented in favor of Bigfoot's existence and has shown it to not be true evidence. On the other side is stories from people who say they saw Bigfoot.

Similar to the stories from people who say they have seen ghosts, zombies, chupacabras, bakas, and demons. Whenever you compare the stories to the physical evidence, the stories do not hold up.
yes that's why I said at the end tongue removed from cheek

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +542/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #589 on: July 14, 2014, 07:46:04 AM »
Only Catholic Christian God can perform miracles recognized by the Catholic Church.
A: "What's that thing in your garden?"
B: "It's a tiger trap."
A: "It's got a rabbit in it."
B: "No, that's a tiger."
A: "????"
B: "Didn't you hear? It's a tiger trap! It only traps tigers."

Brilliant... Why does my will to live start to leave when Lukvance starts with "Biblical Logic."
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #590 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:16 AM »
And he still cannot understand why I kept asking him to explain how to distinguish between miracles performed by his god and miracles performed by an entity (other god, demon, alien, etc. that is similar to or pretending to be his god....

I tried. His "biblical logic" however is fairly bullet proof.

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #591 on: July 14, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Do catholics, when praying for a miracle, toss in the caveat that they hope it also clears committee, or do they leave the paperwork to the bureaucracy and just wing it?
Good question. When we pray we usually don't care about the paperwork. It's a communication between us and God and that is all that matter. I know of people who prayed for their health and where cured but not the way they initially wanted.
All miracles are not submitted to the Vatican. That do not make them less miraculous. It's just that we are not sure if it's God's touch or some other reason.

However, it sure seems burdensome to have to depend on a committee or whatever you catholics rely on to decide if something was a miracle. I mean, if the process used to determine if a miracle actually happened is so complex that some unexplained outcomes don't get labeled as miracles (after careful consideration) then even your miracles don't explain all the inexplicable stuff you guys see and/or expect.
The miracle is not an explanation of the inexplicable. It's the confirmation of a theory. In the sense that finding a miracle is like finding the Higgs Boson. It is not an explanation of the inexplicable.
One might object that scientists claim that they cannot explain how that person got cured for example.
In parallel, there are scientist who do not believe in the Higgs Boson Theory. They will say "we cannot explain how this happen" and that will be their only official answer. It would be to the scientific team that was exploring the Higgs Boson theory to conclude that indeed it is the Higgs Boson. (and those who believe in the theory to concur)
You're worth more than my time

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #592 on: July 14, 2014, 12:23:05 PM »
So why don't you tell me, in your own words, without looking it up, just what the Higgs boson is?
For one, it is not the subject at hand. For 2 you don't want to talk about scientific method because you judged me inadequate already.
I will say it again even if you don't want to hear it :
Quote from: Lukvance
You need to stop judging me and prove your points without posing judgement. Let people make their own conclusion.
You don't need to "call me on it" let my words speak for themselves. When you "call me on it" you impose your judgement unto the others.

So you're a consultant for this product?
Hmm I don't know if it's the same thing but here the consultant is the guy who sells the product. I'm one of those building and debugging it. I also tend to our computer park (physical) and our Network.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +406/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #593 on: July 14, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »
You don't need to "call me on it" let my words speak for themselves. When you "call me on it" you impose your judgement unto the others.
He isn't imposing his judgment unto others.  He's expressing his judgment unto others.

I know that you have a hell of a hard time thinking for yourself, but don't assume that the rest of us share the same disability.

If that sounds insulting, well, I don't really care at this point.  You're intellectual ineptitude is getting astringently irritating and monumentally frustrating and, frankly, making me more and more embarrassed to be a member of the same species as you.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +542/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #594 on: July 14, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »
Lukvance, you say you are a Christian of sorts. You say that you are guided by God's Word.

However, it would appear that you choose what parts of God's Word you will accept, and you do this to avoid answering questions.

We may indeed judge people: Indeed God commands it:

Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

Proverbs 31:9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Jeremiah 10:25 Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name....

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1st Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1st Corinthians 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1st Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1st Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?.
1st Corinthians 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

Mal:3:18: Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Please do not use your Bible like a Lego set, picking the pieces you like to create the god who is most like you.

We here are interested in you and to judge your thought patterns and beliefs. You are here to support the proposition in the title.

Answer the question.

Thank you
GB
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #595 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:23 PM »
Lukvance, I do not claim to be an expert on miracles. I do not even know what that would entail, and you don't either. I would love to read a real study on miracles so I can learn more about them. Reading anecdotes about what people think are miracles are not going to tell me much, other than that some people think there are miracles. And those people do not seem to know much about research, statistics, and how to design a valid scientific study
[...]
In fact, Lukvance, the process where you have described what the Vatican does at Lourdes would not qualify as scientific in our local middle school science fair. I am serious-- I have judged the science fair, and the kids who showed which brand of cereal had more raisins did a better job of following research protocols and sticking to the scientific method than what the Vatican apparently does to certify miracles. &)

Again I am not an expert. You should ask your question to one THEN conclude. Not the other way around. The expert I met assured me that the scientific method was strictly respected. He even hinted that the current scientific process is a consequence of the "tests" run by the church about miracles and saints. We wouldn't have scientific evidence without all these rules that the church imposed on scientific people. I'm not sure about the last part but I believed him about the first part.
So, please ask those question to someone more versed in it than me. You should also pick one particular miracle as some miracles are not about people being healed.
I found this article about the miracle of Lanciano : http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html It might be a start. Even if I feel it's too "old". It support the fact that even after so much time we did not find any other reason than God's touch for this event.
The best I could recommend you is read the book from the doctor : http://www.amazon.com/Medical-Miracles-Doctors-Saints-Healing/dp/019533650X/ref=la_B001HMRLP2_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1404933018&sr=1-1
She will have answers to your questions.

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #596 on: July 14, 2014, 02:07:48 PM »
Yet you have provided no basis for such conclusions except one big argument from ignorance. Got anything better?
I have lots. Once you are ready to share/discuss we might start. Right now, you are saying "NO! Because... NO! and i won't support my claims because the burden of proof is on you, not me" So... whenever you are ready to discuss. And saying that something is a fallacy does not make it so. You have to prove it but as you say " the burden of proof is on you - not me. So stop trying to turn the tables b/c that is called the fallacy of shifting the burden of proof." So we are stuck in the discussion since you don't seem to be able to support your counter argument(s).

If you do not have "the answers" for which you have claimed that these alleged experts have, then how can you merely assert that they have the answers??
Because I've met with one and he confirmed that. Contrary to you who just say things without supporting them , I have support for my claims.

Is that all this about for you, one big game? You made the claim that these Catholics are "experts" at determining whether or not an alleged event was a "miracle" from your alleged God. Yet, as I have noted before, that is a completely circular argument. You need the alleged "God" to exist first before you can say anything was a miracle (and that's just the start of it). Neither you, nor they, have demonstrated that "God" is real or actual (aka - separate from human brains!). So merely claiming that these men/women are experts is meaningless. You would first need to demonstrate that the alleged god is real (which is the whole point of this OP!) and then go about determining that the alleged deity actually did a miracle in a given instance at Lourdes.
It is not a big Game. But I am having fun :)
Do you need the alleged Higgs Boson to exist before finding proof of it's existence? Was it's existence proved real BEFORE finding it? Non sense. It was theoretical and so is God's existence until you find proof (what we call miracle)
Do you need the alleged God to exist before finding proof of it's existence?
About the expert. I explained to you that I was not the one deeming them expert it was their peers. People opinion that you don't seem to respect at all. People who focus their lives in the understanding of miracles. Do you really think you know more than they do!? Do you have that much ego? Did you ask your questions to one before drawing conclusion on their work? (conclusion like using them "it's meaningless" or they can't "independently verify that said experts actually have expertise in a given field")

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #597 on: July 14, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »
Sure you might be nice and listen to what they have to say, but if all they do is repeat the same incorrect methods over and over which you identify as illogical, why would you believe them?  If you believe them, then why not believe everyone about anything?
That makes perfect sense. I guess the difference between you and me is that if someone comes to me with a proof and I don't know how to disprove it or how "it" should happen so I could accept it, then I will accept it until proven otherwise. In your case, even if proof is given to you, you reject it on the base that they do not conform to your needs, not because they are not valid, just because they are going against your beliefs.
In short : You don't know what would make you accept the fact that miracle are an act from God. I know what would make me accept every facts that I don't believe in.

Ps : I don't feel insulted. People had insulted me before on this forum. And having your belief do not insult me at all!

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #598 on: July 14, 2014, 02:41:23 PM »
Look for reason why it is “God”.  Okay, THAT is where I’d like to see some information.  What are the reasons why it is “God”?  Where is that data showing that?
You should ask an expert about that to have the more correct info. The where, for each miracle, is reported in the Vatican archives.
If it can help you, the way I recognize God in my everyday life is the following "there are no bad after effect" meaning the consequence of God acting in my life cannot be wrong or bad or evil or anything negative.
It's exactly what people usually feel when they follow their conscience. Not following it usually have negative effects.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #599 on: July 14, 2014, 03:37:59 PM »
Lukvance, I have told you what it would take for me to accept that a study of a miracle healing was done scientifically.

Basically, the scientific method only asks people to be really, really careful about:
1) identifying assumptions and defining terms,
2) accepting that any explanation is wrong until the data shows otherwise,
3) making observations, classifying or counting what they have observed,
4) having someone else check their work as objectively as possible, and
5) doing the same things over and over to see if you get the same results.

I have given very detailed and carefully worded guidelines explaining what a scientific examination of miracle healings would have to minimally entail, for the benefit of people who might be thinking that what you say about the Higgs Boson has any merit.[1]

I have described how and why studies use control groups and treatment groups, and why the study should be "blind" that is, the people involved in the study (researchers and group members) should not know what group is what until after examining the data and making conclusions. I even found you a study using control groups to give you a real life example. Control groups help keep the researchers honest; if they only look at the treatment group, they are more likely to count "hits" that are not really there. By comparing two groups, you can isolate the variable that made them different and see if it actually had an effect.[2]

But none of that seems to make any impact on you, Lukvance. You have not produced anything to show that the Catholic church is even minimally scientific: being as objective about what they might find as possible, making no unwarranted assumptions about who or what did the healing, using control groups for comparison, applying statistical testing to the outcomes, and having other people check the data. In fact, you do not even know that a sample size of one (a woman with a paralyzed hand can now move it) does not give you enough information and is therefore almost never used in real medical research.

The Catholic church cannot be an objective participant in such research, because by definition the existence of the Catholic god, who has healing powers and who manifests these powers at places like Lourdes must be assumed before any research is undertaken! Furthermore, the church uses supernatural methods (prayer) to ascertain whether a particular god did a miracle or not. In other words, the church asks the god they believe in if he did the miracle. This is about as far from the scientific method as it gets.[3]

If the Catholic church did objective research on healings overall, and found that aliens or other gods or demons were actually responsible for more miracle healings than the Catholic god, it would have to reassess its entire purpose. Such findings would certainly threaten the church and might destroy even it entirely. Many other religions have suffered that fate when people discovered that the major ideas supporting it were unfounded. It would make perfect sense for the church to hide or distort their results for that reason.

If, on the other hand, any objective scientific research found positive evidence that aliens, gods of any kind including the Catholic one, or demons were doing miracle healings, it would not destroy science. On the contrary, that would open up all kinds of new, exciting avenues of research. Scientists would not want to hide those findings from the world.  I can't imagine any scientist turning down the opportunity to be the first to prove the existence of aliens, gods or demons!
 1. Incidentally, every time you mention the Higgs Boson, an angel turns into a demon. And the entire planet's collective IQ drops 10 points.
 2. You can find many more studies with control groups in medical literature that discuss treatments for different illnesses. I have not come across any legitimate medical research concluding that gods or magic were explanations. And many of these researcher are as religious as the priests at the Vatican. If there was scientific evidence of miracle healings, researchers would not be hiding it from people!
 3. It would be like trying to find out who robbed a back by asking the suspected bank robber if he did it. And if he says he didn't you just let him go. That would be an incredibly stupid way to conduct a police investigation. But at least you have a real suspect to question.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:40:56 PM by nogodsforme »

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #600 on: July 14, 2014, 03:54:53 PM »
Why does it only count as a miracle if it is something people like?
Because God is good. And usually people like good and dislike evil. Did I really have to teach you that?

Why isn't the tiny engine problem that randomly caused a plane to crash, killing all the passengers on board also considered a miracle? That is also very rare and unlikely, isn't it? A miracle from god!
Same answer than before. Because God is good.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
« Reply #601 on: July 14, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
Because God is good. And usually people like good and dislike evil. Did I really have to teach you that?

Why isn't the tiny engine problem that randomly caused a plane to crash, killing all the passengers on board also considered a miracle? That is also very rare and unlikely, isn't it? A miracle from god!

How do you know that god is good, in spite of all the rare bad events that happen? Because god himself says he is good? Rappers say they are the best all the time--do you believe them, too?

If more bad rare events happen than good rare events, what can we conclude about the goodness of god? Like if you live in Northern Nigeria or the Gaza Strip, there is not much good coming your way. Is god's goodness limited to a select few in certain places?

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #602 on: July 14, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »
To answer the question "Does God exists as a separate entity - separate from human brains?"
Yes he does.
The proof? Miracles are proof or the existence of God outside our body/brains.
Do they follow any scientific process? Yes they do.
Are the experiment reproducible? Yes.

You can read about it on reply #421
#359-360
Since reply #203 you already have answer and proof.
Up to now all I've read are personal opinions not supported by any documents or experts from the field. I get it you want to make sure that there are no flaws in the method. But I remind you that you are not the only one trying to refute the existence of God and that those before you met the same wall that you encounter now. Your lack of knowledge on the subject.
Ask a priest, a professional, an expert about miracles. Read their books. The process is as scientific as it can be and that there are no stone left unturned before declaring an event as a miracle. I did the research.
I remember someone asking me why I use "events", sometime I use event because miracles are not only about people healing there are more than one way that God reveal his presence to us.

Offline Don_Quixote

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #603 on: July 14, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »
Sorry Luk, I tried to follow but that last post could be replaced by something like this:
"Does Harry Potter exist outside brain?"
Answer: Yes.
"The books are evidence of Harry Potter's existance".
They can be reproducible and scientifically analyzed.

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #604 on: July 14, 2014, 04:27:42 PM »
How do you know that god is good, in spite of all the rare bad events that happen?
That is the teaching of Catholic religion. The rare bad events that you are talking about are not caused by God.
Because god himself says he is good?
No.
Rappers say they are the best all the time--do you believe them, too?
No.
If more bad rare events happen than good rare events, what can we conclude about the goodness of god?
Nothing. God is not related to bad events. I don't believe that worldwide there are more bad events than good events. For example look at you and your 10 closest friends. What is the proportion of good events versus bad events do you live?
Like if you live in Northern Nigeria or the Gaza Strip, there is not much good coming your way. Is god's goodness limited to a select few in certain places?
No. There are Catholic Christians in Nigeria and Gaza Strip.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +789/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #605 on: July 14, 2014, 04:53:07 PM »
I should take a minute and thank Lukvance for helping demonstrate my contention that believing only works if you can look at the world in a very simple way. Good vs bad, with no gray areas, heaven or hell, everybody is a sinner because we have to be, jc died for us, there is no other explanation for why all those things happen, you know, those things that are so obvious we don't ever even have to say what they are. Catholics then rely on popes and committees to back up their oversimplifications. Catholic popes and catholic committees.

Lukvance is impressed. He has to be. Otherwise it wouldn't work. And he doesn't need the grief of facing reality. He, and others, like skep, who are unable to comprehend a universe sans their specific version of god, are fortunate to have pliable brains that can adapt to fictions, albeit clumsily.

Personally, I have a no use for that much disinformation. Lukvance thrives on it. As did tens of thousands of crusades who died because a pope or two wanted to stay in power. Disinformation can be very, very fatal, but too, it provides structure for those who don't want to deal with what reality is really like.

It isn't a miracle that Luk believes in miracles. He needs them or nothing works. Hence he talks as if they are obvious and common, while those of us who never volunteered to have a prefrontal catholobomy just don't see a darned thing.

Such is life. Too bad so many are that determined to muck it up with their less than vivid imaginations.

Miracles, my ass. They can be proven by you and your church's low standards, Luk, but not by ours, which sort of insist that events match reality.

So thanks again for helping prove my point, Luk.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #606 on: July 14, 2014, 06:24:49 PM »
Only Catholic Christian God can perform miracles recognized by the Catholic Church.
A: "What's that thing in your garden?"
B: "It's a tiger trap."
A: "It's got a rabbit in it."
B: "No, that's a tiger."
A: "????"
B: "Didn't you hear? It's a tiger trap! It only traps tigers."

Brilliant... Why does my will to live start to leave when Lukvance starts with "Biblical Logic."
reminds me of the Simpsons episode whereLisa picks up a rock and tells homer it keeps bears away,he asks if she will sell it when she states "do you see any bears,proves it works"

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #607 on: July 14, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »

prove it,his book describes him as a petty jealous douche,but then you ignore all the parts that can only describe your deity as an evil murderer,you know .... The OT

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #608 on: July 14, 2014, 06:53:45 PM »
So why don't you tell me, in your own words, without looking it up, just what the Higgs boson is?
For one, it is not the subject at hand.
Then you shouldn't have brought it up, intending only to use it as a 'comparison' to miracles.  Now answer my question.

For 2 you don't want to talk about scientific method because you judged me inadequate already.
Would you want to talk about computer technology with someone who was terribly lacking in knowledge you considered necessary for the discussion? 

I will say it again even if you don't want to hear it :
You need to stop judging me and prove your points without posing judgement. Let people make their own conclusion.
And let people who may be no more knowledgeable than you regarding the scientific method be fooled into thinking you know what you're talking about, simply because you think and act as if you do?  Don't be absurd.  If I see someone who is giving people wrong information, if I simply present the correct information and let them decide, then I'm being irresponsible.  Part of my argument has to be showing why the other person is wrong, not simply presenting things as if it's simply a choice between alternatives.  Ideally, I'd want to convince the person presenting the wrong information to stop doing it.

You can call that judgmental if you like.  I call it going to the source of the problem.

Hmm I don't know if it's the same thing but here the consultant is the guy who sells the product. I'm one of those building and debugging it. I also tend to our computer park (physical) and our Network.
Here, we call the person selling a product a salesperson.  A consultant is a person who provides technical know-how on it.  I do some of that, although I don't develop software applications, because I still have to teach people who don't know anything about the product how to do stuff with it.