Author Topic: Nowhere to Run and Hide  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +181/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
Re: Nowhere to Run and Hide
« Reply #261 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
I AM DONE.  YOU FINALLY MANAGED TO RUN ME OFF. CONGRATULATIONS.  THIS PLACE IS TOO DARK AND DREARY FOR ME.  IT BRINGS ME DOWN MAN. 

ADIOS.

Really? Again? Come on junebug, these displays of temper are really hard on your credibility. How many times have you made this declaration now? And do you realize that you have returned as many times as you have stated your intention to leave, minus 1? See you next time.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +347/-7
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #262 on: August 27, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »
I AM DONE.  YOU FINALLY MANAGED TO RUN ME OFF. CONGRATULATIONS.  THIS PLACE IS TOO DARK AND DREARY FOR ME.  IT BRINGS ME DOWN MAN. 

What is this...like, the 9th time you've been 'run off' from this site?

If you are going to bail, just f*cking bail already.  I've stopped interacting with you on this forum for the most part, but tangentially witnessing your constant self-pity parade and your intense determination to feel persecuted is just plain disgusting at this point.

I know that your massive ego, grotesquely inflated sense of self-importance, and mind-boggling excessive self-righteous attitude will not allow you to feel it, but you should be seriously ashamed of the way you comport yourself on this forum.

ADIOS.
Bullshit-on-a-dinnerplate that you're actually leaving.  You're desperate need to have your persecution complex fed will keep you coming back so that you can continue to intentionally misunderstand posts to you and internalize more reasons for why you're just so much damn better than everyone else.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #263 on: August 27, 2014, 09:27:32 AM »
I have not lied.  You need to provide evidence.

I did. It's in the first post in this thread where I call you a hypocrite. Unsurprisingly, you "missed" it.

It was not an oath I made ONE.  I really do ignore a lot of grammar errors.

You said "always"; not "almost always" or "often", or even "sometimes".

I believe if your going to call someone an idiot and retard you should be able to use proper grammar. 

Does that apply to me as well? Because we can play that game. I see three grammatical errors just in three pieces of the text I quoted. You know, the text you wrote. Five sentences, three errors. That's 60%. Two errors are even in the same sentence. In other words, you posted three sentences without any grammatical errors. There's a fourth error in the aforementioned three sentences, but it's fairly minor. Not even worth correcting, if you think it sounds good the way it is.[1]
Now, as for my text... Well, go ahead. Find one. When you can't, come back and we can start insulting each other... Well, I can. Obviously, you're not allowed to.

End of Discussion.  Don't call me a liar again or I will report you. 

Two more errors here (one in each sentence). That's five errors in seven sentences just in these small bits of text.
 1. Yes, I'm being serious. It's just a bit of nitpicking I once read about.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-2
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #264 on: August 27, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »

ADIOS.

You're so dramatic, junebug.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +25/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #265 on: August 27, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
So back in the good old days, say, oh, 500 years ago, any disease worse than the common cold was a death sentence, every region of Europe and Asia was ruled by despot kings, wars lasting decades were killing millions, famines more millions, child mortality was hundreds of times higher than it is today, slavery and serfdom controlled the lives of most everyone not of nobility or the church, and nobody knew anything about anything because science hadn't been invented yet But you seem to think that back then was a lot better and that there was no reason for any of the inhabitants at the time to suspect that armageddon was coming next week?

The sort of things you are mentioning are only a small part of Revelation.  You seem to be referring to the signs Christ gave of his parousia (presence) when his disciples asked what would be the sign of his parousia (presence) (Mt 24:3).  This forms a small part of Revelation, names the four horsemen.  Notice there is a parallel between what they cause and what is recorded in Mt 24.  There is much more to Revelation than that.

Of central importance is the dragon, the beast out of the sea, the beast out of the earth, the image of the first beast and the harlot that rides the beast.  These things all picture parts of reality, and these are not things caused by God.  He causes the end of them.

Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +25/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #266 on: August 27, 2014, 02:07:58 PM »
Revelation concludes with the war at Armageddon.

Tell me again why an omni-max being would require a "war", when it could end all of whatever it wanted to with just it's "word"?

That is technically what the war consists of.  "Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations." (Rev 19:15)  That sharp sword is the word of God. 

2And the Spirit of Jehovah shall rest upon him [Christ], the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.

3And his delight shall be in the fear of Jehovah; and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither decide after the hearing of his ears;

4but with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #267 on: August 27, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »
This forms a small part of Revelation, names the four horsemen.

Did you mean to say "namely"? Because only one horseman is named in the Bible - my personal favorite, Death.
Quote from: Revelation 6:8
I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
But enough about that. Go on.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +729/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #268 on: August 27, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »
Of central importance is the dragon, the beast out of the sea, the beast out of the earth, the image of the first beast and the harlot that rides the beast.  These things all picture parts of reality, and these are not things caused by God.  He causes the end of them.

You sure you're not getting your story mixed up with a Transformers movie, or an Iron Man movie or something? Teenage Mutant Turtles?

And I assume the current shortage of dragons doesn't discourage you one whit.

I take it you don't realize that, as an adult, you're sort of supposed to outgrow all this fairy tale stuff. But if its important to you to believe in dragons, and if you've got the hots for a harlot or two, who am I to tell you you're wrong?

Live and let others ruin their own lives if they must, I always say

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #269 on: August 27, 2014, 02:54:48 PM »
Revelation concludes with the war at Armageddon.

Tell me again why an omni-max being would require a "war", when it could end all of whatever it wanted to with just it's "word"?

That is technically what the war consists of.  "Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations." (Rev 19:15)  That sharp sword is the word of God. 

2And the Spirit of Jehovah shall rest upon him [Christ], the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.

3And his delight shall be in the fear of Jehovah; and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither decide after the hearing of his ears;

4but with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Ah, ok. Not really much of a war then. More like a torture. It reminds of how a small, sadistic child might perform using a magnifying glass with insects.

Real loving god you worship there, JST. I find it appalling that you're proud of your faith, or of your god.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Online SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #270 on: August 27, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »
These things all picture parts of reality, and these are not things caused by God.  He causes the end of them.

If your god causes the end of those things that weren’t caused by your god, why doesn’t your god cause them to not begin in the first place?

Oh right, that would kind of ruin the book I guess.  Can’t have a book without a beginning, middle and end right!  Yep, your god is totally off the hook for any responsibility of what happens in the universe, I mean it’s not like your god actually created the universe right?
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +218/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #271 on: Yesterday at 09:36:42 AM »
My in-law has been carrying around the baggage of Revelation since I met him in 1990.

It seems that SDAs, JWs and many others seem to live for this event, which they think will happen in their lifetime .. but ...

The reality is that it doesn't fucking matter if it does or doesn't happen, so why are they all so psychotically obsessed with it?

A vague unfalsifiable description of the end of the world doesn't help anyone, even if it's true. Do they think they will get converts, if they can find some marginal similarity with the Revelation and current events? Or do they masturbate, thinking about it?

EDIT: my own personal theory, is that they have wrecked their own lives, with the Revelation, so they just want to shit off other people.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:41:29 AM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #272 on: Yesterday at 12:25:34 PM »
Maybe god is just testing us to see if we can tell the difference between contradiction and real grade A bullshit..  Maybe we get to inherit the kingdom for not buying the bull. Now that's a scarey thought..
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!