Author Topic: How to exist outside of Space Time?  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: How to exist outside of Space Time?
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2014, 12:54:52 PM »
If Biblegod exists and exists 'outside of time', then he has no timeline. He experiences everything together. Right now he is consumed with rage that Eve ate of the fruit, he always has been in a rage about this and always will be.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline dloubet

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-1
    • Denisloubet.com
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »
Imagine a computer asking, "How is it possible to live outside of computer space and time?" There's lots of things outside the computer but the computer doesn't know it!

The funny part is that the theistic computer just makes up stuff about what's outside of it, and claims this fantasy as absolute truth.
Denis Loubet

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +355/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 04:39:30 PM »
Imagine a computer asking, "How is it possible to live outside of computer space and time?" There's lots of things outside the computer but the computer doesn't know it!

The funny part is that the theistic computer just makes up stuff about what's outside of it, and claims this fantasy as absolute truth.

Some of those theistic computers will read from from /dev/random and conclude that it is communication from a super-being from the outside...it just can't understand the super-being so it only seems jumbled and confusing.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »

It was a bone-crushing analogy. A computer will not think anything exists outside of it. Sounds like us and the universe, doesn't it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Small and unimportant amendment
GB Mod
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:06:25 PM by Graybeard »
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 05:37:27 AM »

It was a bone-crushing analogy. A computer will not think anything exists outside of it. Sounds like us and the universe, doesn't it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Small and unimportant amendment
GB Mod

Okay.

Scientifically compatible evidence that God exists outside of time and space. Provide evidence as to how existence without time and space is possible.
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »
Okay.

Scientifically compatible evidence that God exists outside of time and space. Provide evidence as to how existence without time and space is possible.

You guys would have to explain that as well. How did the Big Bang start if there was no space and time? big Bang is said to be the start of space/time so what caused it? Obviously, something existing outside of time. This would be God.

if not God, then how did it start?
If Big Bang did not start, then why is it said to be the beginning?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 02:41:34 PM »
Okay.

You guys would have to explain that as well. How did the Big Bang start if there was no space and time? big Bang is said to be the start of space/time so what caused it? Obviously, something existing outside of time. This would be God.

We admit not knowing, because our knowledge is limited and we need more evidence to make a claim. However, we do know lots about the Big Bang when it did happen, because of the evidence we gathered.
You are making the claim, in blatant disregard of science. Therefore, scientifically compatible evidence is to be expected.

Please present it.

Additionally, explain how existence is possible without time and space. With evidence.
"God is just and fair"

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
We admit not knowing, because our knowledge is limited and we need more evidence to make a claim. However, we do know lots about the Big Bang when it did happen, because of the evidence we gathered.
You are making the claim, in blatant disregard of science. Therefore, scientifically compatible evidence is to be expected.

Please present it.

Additionally, explain how existence is possible without time and space. With evidence.

No one is disregarding anything.

If you admit that you do not know, then you can not say "It was not God" because you don't know.

See how foolish that is?

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
And you cannot say it was god. See how that works?
Either you present evidence for God, or drop it.
"God is just and fair"

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 07:26:01 PM »
And you cannot say it was god. See how that works?
Either you present evidence for God, or drop it.

I have presented the evidence: The fact that there was a beginning of space and time, just like the Bible says.

And the infinite universe has proved to be impossible because of the 2nd law of thermodynamics. The universe is a closed system and would have burned out by now if the universe was infinite. Sure, you get some kooks that say "The universe is an open system!" but so far they haven't been able to prove where the universe gets its energy from if it is indeed an open system, (which would mean things exist outside the universe anyway.)

This is really in depth stuff.

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 07:33:44 PM »
So because there was a beginning to time and space, it must be god?

Non sequitur, it does not follow.

There's no evidence that a god exists. You have not proven it. Period.

Unless I missed it; got empirical, scientific evidence? Didn't think so.
"God is just and fair"

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »
No one is disregarding anything.

If you admit that you do not know, then you can not say "It was not God" because you don't know.

See how foolish that is?

Do you see how foolish this is?

Following your rules, you also can't say that it was not: Zeus, Thor, Loki, Coyote, Lord Krishna, or The Great Dragon Overlord. Or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Or any other god that has ever been proposed or ever will be proposed, or thought up by some acid-tripping Rocky Mountain High camper gathering psychedelic mushrooms.

In other words, even if you could determine that a god is actually responsible (which you clearly can't, and not for a lack of posts supposedly trying), that still doesn't prove your god. If you're going to use this argument, you have more to prove than you seem to think. And after all this time here (supporting evidence - we've recently seen that you are learning to spot logical fallacies, finally) you're well aware of this.

Are you ever going to bring a new tactic to the discussion?

I do not insist that a "god" is impossible. I do say that of all the gods described so far, none have any evidence of existing. I grant the slim possibility of a deist entity, because I am not arrogant enough to insist that I know things I do not, in fact, know.

An interventionist god of the type you insist exists? Nope, not a shred of evidence, thus your empty assertions of it's existence are just that.

Edit: misplaced "s"
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2014, 08:06:12 PM »
More made up BS to try to explain why there doesn't seem to be any identifiable evidence for gods.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2014, 08:19:49 PM »
More made up BS to try to explain why there doesn't seem to be any identifiable evidence for gods.
Airy, this is 3rd attempt to enlighten you with a fact that God wants to hide himself from us, in other words no one will be able to get a solid and objective evidence for God, period.

Not only atheists would say that there won't be any evidence but also the bible says the same thing.

Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour. (Isaiah 45:15)
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »
Alright. Then we don't need to believe you. You can kindly show yourself to the red X at the top right of the screen. You have nothing to contribute to.
"God is just and fair"

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »
Airy, this is 3rd attempt to enlighten you with a fact that God wants to hide himself from us, in other words no one will be able to get a solid and objective evidence for God, period.

Not only atheists would say that there won't be any evidence but also the bible says the same thing.

Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour. (Isaiah 45:15)

So, every theist who shows up here carrying on about how we can "see God" everywhere - they are making shit up as they go along, just as I've always suspected.

No evidence, and the xtian deity's own fricking "holy" book says he hides - why does anyone still believe this stuff?
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
No evidence, and the xtian deity's own fricking "holy" book says he hides - why does anyone still believe this stuff?
Faith.

I don't know how many times I have said that "we don't choose what we believe"

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2014, 09:06:16 PM »
Faith.

I don't know how many times I have said that "we don't choose what we believe"
Alright. So now faith means you have zero evidence, correct? Or do you have it? No? Ok.

You're not convincing anyone. Evidence or nothing. Simple.
"God is just and fair"

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »

I missed the other two I guess, or forget about them. I'm getting older ya know.

I can get what Isaiah is saying. I admit that he's the best at hiding of any being I've tried to find. Why, I dedicated most of 20 years to finding him, and never did. I think that is cold on his part, if he exists.

I've read that -- that Jesus (God for you trinitarians) exists, even according to pagans. They've met Jesus but said he was cold and indifferent toward them because they happened to worship other gods. Of course I viewed their words as true as any theist, but why should I not take their words for it? After all, I'm supposed to take your word for it too, right?

That's what is great about looking into other religions. You encounter a bunch of convinced people on what it will take to move on after this life. I was listening to a lucid dreamer the other day, and he claimed that astral projection and lucid dreaming was practice for life after death. He claimed that, in particular, that astral projection was your soul away from your body with your awareness, and that is what the afterlife will be. Sounds as reasonable as believing a god impregnated a women and birthed himself to later die for himself, and then come back to be with himself. Wouldn't you agree?
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline dloubet

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-1
    • Denisloubet.com
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 02:34:33 AM »

Ya know, that's exactly what we'd expect a person trying to fool us into believing in a non-existent god to say.
Denis Loubet

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 03:57:14 AM »

And why is this? Why does Biblegod, like every one of the other thousands of gods, hide? Why does he want 'faith' instead of 'knowledge' like every one of the other thousands of gods? I have yet to hear a plausible explanation from any believer in any god/goddess as to why their particular imaginary friend doesn't make their presence unambiguously known.

Can you venture a reason for this?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +49/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 04:28:06 AM »
Oh god doesn't hide he can be seen everywhere if you really want to see him. he won't force you to see him tho cos he respects our free will which he forced us to have...... read the book of luk...vance.

you can even build instruments to measure god at miracles.

john here clearly has been deceived by a false god ie satan.

jon repent before lukvance.
Signature goes here...

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »
Okay.

Why does it have to be Yahweh?

The Bible says it was the father of the gods El who did that, and it says only that he "formed" the earth, not that he created it.

Can we not assume that some other god made Earth and then that other god just left?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »
Can you venture a reason for this?
I am sorry but I don't know.

I only know what God wants but don't know why.

But if we try with all earnestness, we shall find Him.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +659/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 09:28:36 AM »

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

I tried.  He kept hiding.  Seeking and knocking and all the other stuff turned out to be bullshit. 

Now what?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:1)

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »
I've read that -- that Jesus (God for you trinitarians) exists, even according to pagans. They've met Jesus but said he was cold and indifferent toward them because they happened to worship other gods.
Yeah he was cold enough to die for them.  In fact he died for you too, what a cold man Jesus.

Of course I viewed their words as true as any theist, but why should I not take their words for it? After all, I'm supposed to take your word for it too, right?
No you don't have to listen to me.  You try to listen to your inner self and think hard about it.

That's what is great about looking into other religions. You encounter a bunch of convinced people on what it will take to move on after this life. I was listening to a lucid dreamer the other day, and he claimed that astral projection and lucid dreaming was practice for life after death. He claimed that, in particular, that astral projection was your soul away from your body with your awareness, and that is what the afterlife will be.
Wow! what a lucid dreamer he is.

Sounds as reasonable as believing a god impregnated a women and birthed himself to later die for himself, and then come back to be with himself. Wouldn't you agree?
Yeash!!

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 09:40:53 AM »

I tried.  He kept hiding.  Seeking and knocking and all the other stuff turned out to be bullshit. 

Now what?
Tried to do what?  debunking? or mocking?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:45:17 AM by John 3 16 »

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:1)
I have not come to abolish them (the law) but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17)

It is indeed fulfilled in Jesus Christ, so no cutting off from the membership.