Author Topic: Lukvance and junebug72 debate whether Catholicism will destroy god  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Lukvance and junebug72 debate whether Catholicism will destroy god
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »
What did Jesus ask from his disciples and 70 people that he chose?
To follow? Who?
Do you know what is the "good news" Jesus is talking about?
You're worth more than my time

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2014, 07:58:36 AM »
What did Jesus ask from his disciples and 70 people that he chose?
To follow? Who?
Do you know what is the "good news" Jesus is talking about?

To follow Jesus.  Two at a time.  To heal and to spread the Good news.  That religion is no good, to be spiritual not religious by loving one another as he loved us.  Jesus died for us.  Would we die for strangers?  To not be rich.  To be humble.  To be merciful, don't tell people they're going to hell.  Accept each others imperfections as Jesus did.  Help the poor and disabled.  Elders guide your youth.  Religion is not necessary to accomplish these fine attributes, LOVE is.  Love the little children.  Let no harm come to them.  Catholics failed us there. :'( :'( :'(

Then again so did my fundy baptist church.  Churches, playgrounds and child care is the pedophile's hunting grounds.  Makes perfect sense to a pedophile.

Religion complicates the simplicity of what Jesus taught.  Everybody is so confused, even you.
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »
Great.
To follow Jesus.  Two at a time.  To heal and to spread the Good news.
Catholic religion is all about following Jesus and spreading the Good news. Like Jesus asked these 70 people. How can that be a bad thing? How can following Jesus commandments be a bad thing?
I understand that people like you are so narrow-minded that they don't see the big picture, they stumble on little bumps on the road and don't want to get up. But I know people who stumbled and got right up and are now able to follow Jesus by being open to the world.
You should travel more.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »
Great.
To follow Jesus.  Two at a time.  To heal and to spread the Good news.
Catholic religion is all about following Jesus and spreading the Good news. Like Jesus asked these 70 people. How can that be a bad thing? How can following Jesus commandments be a bad thing?
I understand that people like you are so narrow-minded that they don't see the big picture, they stumble on little bumps on the road and don't want to get up. But I know people who stumbled and got right up and are now able to follow Jesus by being open to the world.
You should travel more.

I have proven you wrong.  Accept it.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2014, 08:30:32 PM »
How can that be a bad thing? How can following Jesus commandments be a bad thing?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »
How can that be a bad thing? How can following Jesus commandments be a bad thing?

It's not. That is not what churches do. 

Please show me where Jesus instructs  building of the church.  Thanks.
Thomas Paine

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
Churches are used as places where the followers of God can meet.
Acts 2:46 and Acts 12:12 speak of gatherings of believers in houses/specific places. The risen Christ himself appeared during one of these meetings. Remark how he didn't ask them to scatter?
As the church grew, it needed to accommodate a joint assembly. Special functions, such as daily Bible teaching, baptisms, and the distribution of gifts to the poor, required readily available facilities.
Also, special buildings is a visible sign of permanence something you can rely on.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2014, 10:58:30 PM »
They do NOT just meet there.  They teach false doctrine and disgrace the name "God" with their religious rituals, long speeches and fancy suits/robes.  Long prayers too.  That what Jesus says if you want to follow HIM instead of a priest/religion.

Churches do not follow Jesus they are man's religion.

Jesus was a man, not a God.

Jesus was already dead in Acts.  I do not believe his spirit appeared.  I believe Paul said it did to advance his own agenda. 

Lukvance if you would put your spirit before your religion you would be like Jesus. 

It amazes me just how little Jesus followers actually know about Jesus.  WOW just WOW.  Shameful.
Thomas Paine

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »
You don't know jack about Jesus. Your claim "that is not what Jesus said" where does it comes from? I don't think from the bible since it was "written to further his own agenda" and "Jesus is not God". So you base your knowledge of what Jesus told his followers on little voices in your head? Like those Mormon people right?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2014, 08:48:59 PM »
That's so desperate it does not deserve a response.

I know more about Jesus than you.  So really you just insulted yourself more than you did me.

Childish ad hominem.  People here will tell you I do NOT respect ad hominem.
Thomas Paine

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
is it safe to say this debate is concluded?  If so, I'll lock it.  If not, let me know.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »
Just for the record : junebug72 do you admit that Catholicism won't destroy God? Or that you have no idea of what will happen in the future and that it is only your wish that Catholicism will destroy God?
Or that you are missing information about the status on Catholicism worldwide to make such a prediction?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2014, 05:49:03 AM »
I have had more points against ''RELIGION'' than you've had for it.  You have said terrible things about God.

You know nothing about God or Love you should shut up before you do more harm. 

I've been here 18 months I don't have as many Darwins as you and I have way more +1's.

You know nothing about Jesus or the bible.

I definitely think more Catholic priests will rape little boys.  I hope it's not yours.  I wish it was nobody's.  That's why Catholicism is the my most hated religion out there. 

Do you admit that being Christian means to LOVE your fellow man.  If so you are NOT doing a good job.  You are not a good Christian.

How can I not then conclude with all these bad christians running rampid that it breaks the heart, the spirit, of a Loving God.

You only convinced me more more more more more more more.  Amen.
Thomas Paine

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2014, 05:03:04 PM »
junebug72 do you admit that Catholicism won't destroy God? Or that you have no idea of what will happen in the future and that it is only your wish that Catholicism will destroy God?
Or that you are missing information about the status on Catholicism worldwide to make such a prediction?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2014, 03:55:49 AM »
junebug72 do you admit that Catholicism won't destroy God? Or that you have no idea of what will happen in the future and that it is only your wish that Catholicism will destroy God?

I'm pretty sure I answered you.  This is like harassment. 

It just takes common sense.  If Christians keep making claims about God that they can not back up.  Try to make people believe God will cure us and then people see God doesn't heal their child from cancer or prevent a drunk driver from killing all of someone's family, making it their fault for "not having enough faith" it's the proverbial rope that will hang Christianity, that and their greed and prejudice.

I honestly think it already has.  If God loves us it has. 

By your own words I proved you believe in a cruel god.  That makes you a cruel man.  You should take your BAD news and keep it to yourself.

Learn more about Jesus and please let him fill your spirit with love, mercy and compassion. 

Last Post

please community vote on a winner, who was more kind and compassionate, who had more biblical knowledge and who had the best etiquette.  Who had the best POV?

be serial please! ;)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:57:55 AM by junebug72 »
Thomas Paine

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2014, 05:30:55 AM »
please community vote on a winner, who was more kind and compassionate, who had more biblical knowledge and who had the best etiquette.  Who had the best POV?

The community generally does not vote on debates - however, if anyone wishes to pass comment on the successful proof/disproof of the statement "Catholicism will destroy god" they should do so in the commentary thread.

Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2014, 05:13:39 PM »
It just takes common sense.  If Christians keep making claims about God that they can not back up.
Is there a particular claim that you have in mind?
Try to make people believe God will cure us and then people see God doesn't heal their child from cancer or prevent a drunk driver from killing all of someone's family, making it their fault for "not having enough faith" it's the proverbial rope that will hang Christianity, that and their greed and prejudice.
Of course this would be true if it was the case. But I don't think that Catholic church "make people believe God will cure us". What makes you think that? Can you support the claim?

I honestly think it already has.  If God loves us it has. 
It has what? I don't understand your phrase.

By your own words I proved you believe in a cruel god.  That makes you a cruel man.  You should take your BAD news and keep it to yourself.
I don't believe in a cruel God. I don't believe reading anything regarded to that aspect. What do you think of when you say "I proved you believe in a cruel god"?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2014, 08:20:17 AM »
1.that religion is the path to God.
2.that God exists.
3.that God loves us.
4.that Jesus was a God.
5.that there is a second coming
6.that the bible is the word of God.
7.that there is a heaven or hell
8.that God made a deal with the devil to test Job's faith.
9.that God got mad and flooded the earth
10.that Moses is not a serial killer.

Because that's what the bible says. Ask and ye shall  receive.

That's because you don't understand Love.

Your claim that God allowed a precious little girl to be molested abused and rejected then possessed by demons is a CRUEL god. 

You don't get it because you don't understand LOVE.

Thomas Paine

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »
Are you saying that all those claims 1 to 10 you can back up in a way that the Catholic church can't?

I understand how "Ask and ye shall receive" could be interpreted as "ask to be cured and you will be cured" I totally agree with you. It is one of the possible interpretation of that passage from the Bible. But when people go to church and learn their catechism, they understand that for God time is not the same. So, basically when he says "Ask and ye shall receive" he does not say when. We, Catholics believe in the after-life and the resurrection of the body. This body will be perfect and those people who ask for a cure will receive it. Just maybe not exactly when they want it.

Your claim that God allowed a precious little girl to be molested abused and rejected then possessed by demons is a CRUEL god.
Are you saying that a God that allow a precious little girl to be molested abused and rejected then possessed by demons is NOT a CRUEL god? Or is a cruel God? I'm having difficulty following you. Do you believe that God does not allow violence?
In the Catholic Church we learn that God allows people to be free, he does not control them if they don't want to be controlled.
Unfortunately that means that people are free to do bad things, like using violence.
Fortunately that means that people are free to do good things too, which is what they do most with their freedom.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »
is this still ongoing, or may I lock this thread?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2014, 05:09:14 PM »
Still ongoing.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2014, 09:32:43 AM »
Cruel God.

Care to address the rest of the list?

The verse does not say on God's time.  Simply ask and you shall receive.  Please share the process in which way do you interpret this to mean on God's time.  That's adding words that are not there.
Thomas Paine

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2014, 02:07:07 PM »
When I asked :
I don't believe in a cruel God. I don't believe reading anything regarded to that aspect. What do you think of when you say "I proved you believe in a cruel god"?
You answered :
So I asked :
Are you saying that a God that allow a precious little girl to be molested abused and rejected then possessed by demons is NOT a CRUEL god? Or is a cruel God? I'm having difficulty following you. Do you believe that God does not allow violence?
And your answer was :
Cruel God.
Then we agree.
So I ask again :
What do you think of when you say "I proved you believe in a cruel god"?
Up til now you only proved that YOU believed in a cruel God. Not me.

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:17 PM »
The verse does not say on God's time.  Simply ask and you shall receive.  Please share the process in which way do you interpret this to mean on God's time.  That's adding words that are not there.
And you think that when God does not answer right now, when you want it you are not adding words that are not there?
Does the verse says that it must be immediate when you want it?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2014, 02:15:28 PM »
And you think that when God does not answer right now, when you want it you are not adding words that are not there?

That is what it says.  There is no if, ands or buts.  We have 4 minutes to save the world.  Consider the sparrow their needs are met every single day.  There are hungry people out there how long shall they wait?

There are several more  points for you to address.
Thomas Paine

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »
That is what it says. There is no if, ands or buts. [/quote]
Alright we don't have the same comprehension of English at all. It doesn't say that in French. Let me see :

"1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?
11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
"
I really don't see it anywhere. How can you understand that you would receive what you want immediately when you want it and not when God want to give it to you (at a more appropriate time)?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2014, 11:26:58 AM »
Okay so you want to focus on prayer.

People pray for material things when they should pray for spiritually guidance..  That is how you learn from God.  Religion promises all our needs will be given us like the lilies an
d the sparrow.

This doesn't happen.  That's. why we have welfare and children starving .
Thomas Paine

Offline Lukvance

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +13/-258
  • Catholic
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2014, 02:12:15 PM »
I think I disagree with you. (I'm not sure because I am having trouble understanding your English and thus what you are trying to say)
Catholic religion does promise eternal life with a perfect body. It does not promise that all our needs will be fulfilled in this life.
Why did you not answer my previous question? I took time to quote the whole passage so that there would be no mistake in the message that God wanted us to receive.
"How can you understand that you would receive what you want immediately when you want it and not when God want to give it to you (at a more appropriate time)?"

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-88
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2014, 03:04:16 PM »
First you missed quoted. The bible says ask and ye shall receive. When. God is ready.     

I am struggling. with friends phone.  I thought you were smart enough to handle it.
Thomas Paine