Author Topic: Child Molestation  (Read 260 times)

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Child Molestation
« on: September 26, 2014, 04:15:31 PM »
Disclaimer:

I am not attracted to children. I am attracted only to adult females.

Some day, within the progress of the pursuit of human happiness, if we can actually create virtual realities, we possibly will create realities for pedophiles in which they can "carry out" their societally-forbidden fantasies.

These pedophiles will have the opportunity to be immersed in a virtual reality of an abundance of prey(children) who are actually non-existent. Therefore, nobody's actual children are being traumatized.

Of course, there is also the possibility that we could have introduced a strict genetic-engineering policy(that would prohibit the creation of pedophiles) prior to the capability of creating virtual realities.

Why post this shit in General Religious Discussion?

It's because whether you're religious or not, there seems to be an average consistency of perceived abhorrence:

Average Atheist/Christian ratings(#1 being the most abhorrent):

1. Serial killer

2. Pedophile

3. Homosexual

You can obviously get into heated discussions about any of the three "types" of individuals listed, but the overall "Abhorrency Listing" remains stagnant.

In other words, the entire Christian Bible is inferior to this post when it comes to moral insight.
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
Re: Child Molestation
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 04:40:28 PM »
I don't think there's a genetic component to pedophilia.

I'm also not convinced that allowing people to indulge such fantasies in a virtual world will necessarily prevent escalation into real world acts.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 05:52:31 PM »
I don't think there's a genetic component to pedophilia.

Perhaps pedophilia is not genetic. Perhaps becoming a serial killer is not genetic. Perhaps being homosexual is genetic. Okay. Let's find a common ground.

Forget genetics.

Let's make a list of all the twenty-year-olds existing in the world today. Of all the "types" of twenty-year-olds, these three "types" are listed in our collective, perceived order of abundance(most abundant listed first).

1. Homosexual twenty-year-olds

2. Pedophile twenty-year-olds

3. Serial-killer-twenty-year-olds

Okay. Let's say that the causes of these particular situations aren't unanimously genetic. But, no matter what the cause, these three "types" of individuals exist(ultimately of some cause, no matter what).

I say, my previously stated "average perceived abhorrence" still stands.

Do you disagree?

I'm also not convinced that allowing people to indulge such fantasies in a virtual world will necessarily prevent escalation into real world acts.

Good point.

When I posted my OP, I assumed that humans of the future were "permanently imprisoning" these pedophiles[1]. The pedophiles could do no harm to society, but they were "free" to be extremely happy, without hurting actual children.

After reading your post, I realized, "Duh! How is everyone reading this expected to be assumed to begin at my unclarified assumption?"

Thank you for exposing my flaw. I want this to be understood, even if am initially unable to maximizingly export my thoughts to others.

1.  I know. That's a lot of carelessly, previously unlisted prerequisites

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +134/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
The pedophiles could do no harm to society, but they were "free" to be extremely happy, without hurting actual children.
Imprisoning pedophiles? Not all pedophiles are child molesters or cause harm to a society, in the same way not all heterosexuals are rapists. Your OP seems to suggest that atheists find pedophiles abhorrent, and while I'm not sure that's the case, I personally don't feel that way. Pedophilia isn't a choice. I hope that isn't what hickdive is suggesting.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 08:15:53 PM »
The pedophiles could do no harm to society, but they were "free" to be extremely happy, without hurting actual children.
Imprisoning pedophiles?
Within the context I laid out, I thought one would conclude that the so-called "imprisonment" I was referring to was more like a Heaven, not our normal view of a "prison" without further added context. I'm sorry if I failed to convey that properly, Zankuu.

Not all pedophiles are child molesters or cause harm to a society, in the same way not all heterosexuals are rapists.
Correct. However, if I was thrown into a reality in which I, as an adult heterosexual male human, could fuck strange pussy every moment I desired, I would never wish to leave that realm, as long as after I bust my nut I had an acceptable dining menu to choose from. Or, if I didn't paint the picture satisfyingly enough for you, how about a "happiness" menu to choose from.

Your OP seems to suggest that atheists find pedophiles abhorrent,<snip>
As a whole, my OP couldn't possibly be portrayed as deeming pedophiles simply "abhorrent", all the while I'm suggesting peace/love/harmony solutions to make their existence happy without allowing them to infringe upon our or our children's well-being.

Example regarding prize money(USD) that you could possibly win(in order of abhorrence):

1. $1,000,000

2. $2,000,000

3. $3,000,000

Don't like the word "abhorrence"? Too bad. It's part of the exercise. Use your logic to navigate toward your answer within the terms that are provided.

Pedophilia isn't a choice.

I agree.

Please re-read my shit. I think it will inspire your creativity. Or not, but thanks for contributing to the discussion.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:18:39 PM by lotanddaughters »

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +134/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 01:51:31 AM »
lotanddaughters, OK, I think I may understand what you're saying. I'll try to respond to the OP appropriately.

Some day, within the progress of the pursuit of human happiness, if we can actually create virtual realities, we possibly will create realities for pedophiles in which they can "carry out" their societally-forbidden fantasies.

You mean like this? Possibly NSFW.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 02:28:17 AM »
Pedophilia isn't a choice. I hope that isn't what hickdive is suggesting.

How on earth can you extract that suggestion from two lines?

I'm not suggesting it anyway.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 03:06:34 AM »

Do you disagree?

No.

Good point.

When I posted my OP, I assumed that humans of the future were "permanently imprisoning" these pedophiles[1]. The pedophiles could do no harm to society, but they were "free" to be extremely happy, without hurting actual children.
 1.  I know. That's a lot of carelessly, previously unlisted prerequisites

If you're going to lock them up why indulge their sexual appetites at all?

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »
lotanddaughters, OK, I think I may understand what you're saying. I'll try to respond to the OP appropriately.

You mean like this? Possibly NSFW.

Yes, something like that. Good find.

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 08:51:33 AM »
If you're going to lock them up why indulge their sexual appetites at all?

Yeah, I guess they don't need to be locked up, but it is nice to let them have an area where they can sexually satisfy themselves without hurting children or parents.

There are people who think homosexuality is an abomination.
There are civilized people who think homosexuals can do whatever they want between consenting adults.

There are people who think incest is an abomination.
There are civilized people who think siblings can do whatever they want between consenting adults.

There are people who think pedophilia is an abomination.
There are civilized people who think pedophiles can do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't involve real children.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +134/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 10:20:30 AM »
How on earth can you extract that suggestion from two lines?
I said I hope I misunderstood you. And I did. Why don't you think there's a genetic component to pedophilia?

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 06:22:28 PM »
For thousands of years young girls married adult men. Still happens in certain parts of the world.

I asked myself a question years ago: why do young girls tend to want to date older guys? I worked with a girl at YMCA (she volunteered) when she was in 8th grade and she was dating a Senior in High School. Why would a Senior in High School want to date an 8th grader? Of course she was 14 and he was 17, not much difference in age but still.

When I was 19 I fell in love with a 14 year old girl. Now, I thought she was 17 and her sister and when I found out my error I was still in love with her but I didn't pursue her after that because I felt it was wrong considering our age difference (she was a Freshman in High School unlike my friend from YMCA).

I think with the advent of prevention of certain diseases, cleanliness, etc., where people live longer the age gap tended to be nearer one's age rather than farther apart. I think that plays a role in it.

Of course, some people are just perverts.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 07:37:43 AM »
Why don't you think there's a genetic component to pedophilia?

Because I haven't seen any evidence to suggest there is.

Offline shokenman

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 01:14:03 PM »
I think I like younger women up to a point.  Its not really different for most guys.
I admit 18 year olds are attractive to me.  But maybe society and feminists want to put a guilt trip on those that do.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 01:22:57 PM »
I think I like younger women up to a point.  Its not really different for most guys.
I admit 18 year olds are attractive to me.  But maybe society and feminists want to put a guilt trip on those that do.

How much younger are you talking about?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline frank callaway

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-32
  • it's a bird, it's a shark... you're fucked
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »
There are civilized people who think pedophiles can do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't involve real children.

a 56 year old man has consensual sex with a 12 year old boy.  should this man be labeled a pedophile...?
When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.

-Jonathan Swift

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +114/-1
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 12:29:20 PM »

a 56 year old man has consensual sex with a 12 year old boy.  should this man be labeled a pedophile...?

Probably as the boy is too young to give consent! Either way the 56 year old would end up in prison most likely as he should know better.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 08:41:53 PM »
Same as if a 56 year old man had sex with a 12 year old girl, or if a 56 year old woman did it with a 12 year old of either gender. Power and knowledge differential between adults and kids is so vast there is almost no way for informed consent to be there. The 12 year olds cannot make an intelligent decision about whether to agree or not--they don't know enough and have far less power to control what is going on. Kids are almost always going to be exploited and victimized when involved that way with adults.

When both are teenagers (say a 15 and 18 year old) there is more of a gray area. The level of exploitation is likely to be lower because they are closer in age, but IMHO neither one has enough brains to really know what they are doing.  :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.