Author Topic: who doesn't intend to breed?  (Read 151 times)

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +67/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
who doesn't intend to breed?
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:31:33 AM »
As in you plan to NOT have kids and why.
Signature goes here...

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: who doesn't intend to breed?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:44:45 AM »
I don't want children for the simple fact that I don't like children. Even if I came to like them after having them by accident, I wouldn't like them for a portion of their lives. I might treat them properly (feed them, clothe them, and such), but I wouldn't show them that I liked them because, well, I wouldn't.

If I were to change my mind about children, I would adopt. This is not negotiable. If my partner wouldn't agree, then no kids whatsoever.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +67/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
Would you tell your partner this say before.marriage. or after?
Signature goes here...

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »
Would you tell your partner this say before.marriage. or after?

Before, since I won't get married either.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
I don't intend to have children of my own for several reasons. For one, I'm single and don't see that changing anytime soon; from what I've seen, raising kids is challenging enough with a committed partner.

Two, my level of income wouldn't support a family, unless I had a partner with much better financial resources.

Three, my sister has a son. He's a good kid; a little bratty at times, but so were she and I at age 10. Pragmatically and emotionally, knowing that he's carrying our family line forward is enough for me.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +904/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 03:33:14 PM »
Too late for me. I have to admit, for most of my life I did not plan on having children, for a variety of reasons. None of my siblings have any kids, so my one daughter is it for our family line.

What is sad is that people who choose not to have any kids are usually rational, thoughtful and intelligent. People who have lots of kids by default (they had unprotected sex and whoops! there come the babies) are the opposite of rational, thoughtful and intelligent.

There was a funny video clip about that-- was it from that movie about how the world is getting dumber?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.