Author Topic: Drag Queen Jesus wins Eurovision  (Read 336 times)

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
Drag Queen Jesus wins Eurovision
« on: May 11, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »

Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
Re: Drag Queen Jesus wins Eurovision
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 11:15:35 AM »
Beautiful!!! He so totally earned it!

To paraphrase Martin Luther King Jr., here is still hope that one day people will not be judged by their outward, physical appearance or sexual orientation, but by their talents and the content of their character.

Except in Texas. I've given up all hope for that state.
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
Beautiful!!! He so totally earned it!

To paraphrase Martin Luther King Jr., here is still hope that one day people will not be judged by their outward, physical appearance or sexual orientation, but by their talents and the content of their character.

Except in Texas. I've given up all hope for that state.

I don't know, I think (politically and religiously speaking) Kansas is worse than any state. The only positive thing they seem to cling to is wind power (but only because it's a $2 billion Industry).

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »
...What's the connection between being a "drag queen" and having won? Are "drag queens" somehow unable to sing? :S
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »
...What's the connection between being a "drag queen" and having won? Are "drag queens" somehow unable to sing? :S

Wayne Jayne County is a drag queen. I have a 25 song collection on CD. The cover looked freaky so I got it. Not bad for punk.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 01:26:18 PM »
An easy reminder why women don't have facial hair -- at least not like the average male.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »
I don't know, I think (politically and religiously speaking) Kansas is worse than any state. The only positive thing they seem to cling to is wind power (but only because it's a $2 billion Industry).

Yeah, Kansas is pretty bad, too.

It's not whether they can or can't sing, but it makes me wonder if the same result would have happened if it he was trying to win the spot to represent the USA. I highly doubt he would have. :-\

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »
It's not whether they can or can't sing, but it makes me wonder if the same result would have happened if it he was trying to win the spot to represent the USA. I highly doubt he would have. :-\

See, the difference here is that most USA citizens are bigots, to say the least. Which is not to say Europe doesn't have any. Just that a panel of judges is probably chosen for their impartiality, while voters are just given the ability to vote indiscriminately (when they reach a certain age), even if they're dumber than the average bacterium.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 02:35:55 PM »
See, the difference here is that most USA citizens are bigots, to say the least. Which is not to say Europe doesn't have any. Just that a panel of judges is probably chosen for their impartiality, while voters are just given the ability to vote indiscriminately (when they reach a certain age), even if they're dumber than the average bacterium.

True. One of the things mentioned in the 2nd video I found heartening was that 13 countries (I don't know out of how many total) awarded him "maximum points", whatever that means. But it sounds positive.

Here in America, I still remember the uproar from conservatives/Christians when President Obama appointed Amanda Simpson (a transgendered woman) as a Senior Technical Advisor to the Commerce Department, which in of itself was a huge step forward.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »
Maximum points means 12. The Eurovision is notoriously political. Russia got booed. See if you can work out how the voting works from this article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/eurovision-2014-voting-controversy-after-uk-jury-revealed-to-place-conchita-first--but-british-public-voted-for-donatan--cleo-9351644.html

The UK public wanted the Poles to win, because they had big tits, but the panel voted for Conchita. I think there is a panel of progressive judges that keep the lid on certain aspects of  the political fight, or the whole thing would fall apart.

I just watched the Polish entry that the British and Irish liked. It's basically a racist anthem, extolling the virtues of slavic breasts. The guy who wrote it would like to unify the big titted states.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:45:31 PM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 12:38:01 AM »
I saw less than a minute of her semi final performance and thought she'd win. Good on her.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 12:42:21 AM »
I also enjoyed Iceland's performance.

The Polish performance led to a stream of breast puns on my Facebook feed.

Always an amusing couple of hours of TV.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-2
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 05:14:37 AM »
Last time there was a worthwhile winner was 2006 ... These days, it's almost always the country that shows most T&A that wins, hence the Polish entry (I guess, as I haven't actually seen it ... Only seen Belgium, Netherlands and Austria ... And all three were dreadful)
In 87 or 88, MTV did a sort of shadow song festival that was way better than the real one, sadly it was a one off thing.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 05:28:03 AM »
Fiji, the idea is to EMBRACE the tackiness....
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 06:00:16 AM »
She's definitely got huge balls.....i mean to sing in front of a live audience . i don't got the balls for that.

the beard looks f'ing disgusting imo. would look much better shaved....but i say that about most women and men.
Signature goes here...

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-2
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 03:56:14 PM »
the beard looks f'ing disgusting imo. would look much better shaved....but i say that about most women and men.

Not a fan of Daniel Bryan then ...
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »
^??, I guess not.
Signature goes here...

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 06:52:15 PM »
John Oliver's take:

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »
^ that was more about Russia and Crimea. Funny, but barely about anything else.

-Nam