Author Topic: Proof #4  (Read 138 times)

Offline thissiteiscrazy

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Proof #4
« on: May 10, 2014, 07:07:48 AM »
I would like to discuss proof #4. It seems that the person interpreting this "book" is very dissatisfied with its content. That makes perfect sense to me. The book "the Bible" is very inconsistent. The Old testament God seems very different from the New testament God. Well they are very different because the interpreters of each section were very different sorts of people. Each Testement is reflection of how each interpreter saw God in there eyes. Making the whole thing very subjective and not very accurate. The Old Testement is a reflection of how early saw God. Usually a subjective view based on their only real experience of God...their parents. Their parents were God to them in their very early years as is God for all of us. In our very early years the only perception we have of God is the closest thing to it... our parents. And not only then but even now our "God Parents" were very human. Very vengeful, wrathful and full of fury and the keepers of our safety or our salvation  But in the New Testement God is now loving and compassionate. Maybe the way He/She always was? Our early impressions of our parents often define our definitions of God as our parents were Gods to us in our very early existence. Our parents were the source of life and safety in earliest impressions. It is no surprise that we would transfer that experience to our ideas of God as we grew up. But the Bible is just words made up by some really old forgotten men a long time ago when they didn't know any better. But today we know better; or do we? We still have a God impression from our parents. And if your parents are not as evolved or compassionate as they should be should that not affect us. So maybe the Old Testement God was messed up and the New Testement God was nicer. Maybe the New Testement God was more accurate and the Old Testement God was just a reflection of what the people of the time thought God was based their only experience of God. Anyway the book is just a bunch of words. Some carry truth and others not so much.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Re: Proof #4
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 07:13:41 AM »
So you are saying:

everyone interprets god differently -> everyone ends up with their own god
    -> billions of gods are not uniquely in charge -> no god is all-powerful -> no god is ultimate
        -> no god as described can exist

thank you.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +533/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:15:50 AM »
...Each Testement is reflection of how each interpreter saw God in there eyes. Making the whole thing very subjective
That is as far as any reasonable person need to read.

The repligous suffer from SPAG -> Self Projection As God. Only they know what "God" wants and says. Nobody has such opinions of what a tree is, or whether it is raining or not and, on these topics they are usually not very dogmatic. But when it comes to a god, a mythical being, only they are right.

The very fact that no two Christians/Moslems/Hindus agree on the nature of a god and the meaning of his words confirms that all gods are only "in the mind."
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +60/-31
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 07:19:21 AM »
Have you run your proofs by any church folk?

Lol
Signature goes here...

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 08:13:51 AM »
 How about answering some of the points made for proof #1 before starting any more threads?

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 08:09:04 PM »
Are you serious?
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 03:39:09 PM »
I would like to discuss proof #4.

You are not discussing anything.  A discussion requires that two sides exchange ideas and listen to each other.  You are not doing that.  You are dumping your opinions on us and then moving on.  That is not a discussion.  That is a sermon, which is against the rules you agreed to when you joined this forum.

Please stop doing that.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
Are you serious?

Is this in reply to me or thissiteiscrazy?
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
Haha, thissiteiscrazy.
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.