Author Topic: Proof #3  (Read 112 times)

Offline thissiteiscrazy

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Proof #3
« on: May 10, 2014, 06:32:02 AM »
Just because one man failed to develop the light bulb doesn't make Thomas Edison wrong. Thousands of idiots getting one idea wrong doesn't make the idea wrong. While although maybe there are similarities between Jesus and his teachings of God and other older Iconic truthsayers does not make his teachings untrue. It does not matter if he is the son of God; it only matters if his teachings are relevant and true. It is also does not matter if some idiot in the past worshipped the god of sandwiches. God is God and it doesn't matter if someone misinterprets God. Truth is still truth even if you do not believe in it.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Proof #3
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 06:39:33 AM »
I recommend that, before you make another grand thread thoroughly "debunking" these proofs, you address the points raised in your other threads. Either that or just make one thread with one post for all proofs, seeing as how you only type one paragraph in each thread. If this were my website, you'd be warned for spamming.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 06:40:15 AM »
Truth is still truth even if you do not believe in it.

I agree.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +60/-31
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 06:55:27 AM »
Truth needs to be demonstrated as such.

what are your criteria and standards for determining truth?

What are you asserting is true?
Signature goes here...

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 07:07:06 AM »
Just because one man failed to develop the light bulb doesn't make Thomas Edison wrong.

But Thomas Edison was one man who did develop the light bulb.               Your point?

Thousands of idiots getting one idea wrong doesn't make the idea wrong.

I would say it is a very good sign.

While although maybe there are similarities between Jesus and his teachings of God and other older Iconic truthsayers does not make his teachings untrue.

Jesus taught about God or Jesus was God? This is confusing. Maybe it's an idea gone wrong.

"older Iconic truthsayers" are um ... gods? ... and um ... speak the truth? If those old Iconic truthsayers say that a god does not exist does not make it untrue that God claims he exists?

Have you ever taken a philosophy course, one focusing on simple logic?

It does not matter if he is the son of God; it only matters if his teachings are relevant and true.

So, David Koresh was not the son of God but that doesn't make Koresh's teaching untrue?     Fascinating!

It is also does not matter if some idiot in the past worshipped the god of sandwiches. God is God and it doesn't matter if someone misinterprets God. Truth is still truth even if you do not believe in it.

Oh, more gibberish. It doesn't matter if someone misinterprets God? Really? That makes prayer very difficult to accomplish correctly, doesn't it? I mean, if you have to be a True ChristianTM for your prayer to be effective and you think God is a cow, then you are generally fucked, eh?

Why did I bother replying?
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +533/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 07:10:47 AM »
Just because one man failed to develop the light bulb doesn't make Thomas Edison wrong. Thousands of idiots getting one idea wrong doesn't make the idea wrong. While although maybe there are similarities between Jesus and his teachings of God and other older Iconic truthsayers does not make his teachings untrue.
That is true but The Bible and Jesus insist on dragging a god into the matter, as if that god were relevant to the truth.
It does not matter if he is the son of God; it only matters if his teachings are relevant and true.
Again you are correct, but the problem is not with mythical gods but with their followers because your next statement is wrong:
It is also does not matter if some idiot in the past worshipped the god of sandwiches. God is God and it doesn't matter if someone misinterprets God.
History and the present will inform you that great cruelties and wars start over who has the real interpretation of what gods want and who has the best imaginary friend.
Truth is still truth even if you do not believe in it.
The truth, eh? And you have the truth? You know the truth. Only you know what God and Jesus really meant?

This is why there are wars and ignorance. Look at my signature.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »
Just because one man failed to develop the light bulb doesn't make Thomas Edison wrong. Thousands of idiots getting one idea wrong doesn't make the idea wrong. While although maybe there are similarities between Jesus and his teachings of God and other older Iconic truthsayers does not make his teachings untrue. It does not matter if he is the son of God; it only matters if his teachings are relevant and true. It is also does not matter if some idiot in the past worshipped the god of sandwiches. God is God and it doesn't matter if someone misinterprets God. Truth is still truth even if you do not believe in it.

Little problem..Edison did invent the light bulb. It can be demonstrated, objectively, to work. Your God...does not meet that criterion.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 08:07:26 PM »
So it doesn't matter if the god is Zeus, the most sexually active god to ever exist?

Or Artemis, the most unsexually active goddess to ever exist?

Or Vishnu, the most prominent of the many gods of India, which is true?

"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.