Author Topic: Are you smarter than a football player?  (Read 72 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Are you smarter than a football player?
« on: May 09, 2014, 04:54:29 AM »
Vox: Why the NFL's Wonderlic aptitude test is totally worthless

The NFL draft is starting Thursday night. Given the huge amount of attention that the draft gets every year, every aspect of the player scouting process is picked over ad nauseam.

That includes the Wonderlic — a timed 50-question aptitude test that players take at the scouting combine in February. (You can take a sample test here.) Wonderlic scores are supposed to be secret, but every year, a few players' scores get leaked by the press and obsessed over.

Here's my result:

I feel 27/50 is low because the web pages updated slowly with each click, but I don't usually do that well on timed aptitude tests. Strangely, I have to answer these types of questions every day in my work and I do them very quickly but perhaps I have some time-clock syndrome.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
Re: Are you smarter than a football player?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 05:23:39 AM »
"I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet." - David Beckham

Yes, I'm definitely smarter than a footballer. I'm not stupid enough to get my child christened under any religion.
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire