Author Topic: True story... [#2804]  (Read 219 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
True story... [#2804]
« on: May 06, 2014, 05:55:54 AM »
My father was a fundamentalist Assembly of God preacher. Oral Roberts pitched his tent right next to my dad's church in Miami back in the late forties when Roberts was still a traveling evangelist.

In Oral Roberts newsletter, he said that he had healed a guy in California whose arm had been cut off and it was slowly growing back... the elbow was beginning to form. So when we took our summer vacation to California, dad spent a week trying to track the guy down to see for himself. Somehow he was not able to find the guy. That must have been the beginning of my own atheism...

Thanks for your website!

[name removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Wasserbuffel

• Student
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: True story... [#2804]
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »
That's one of the beauties of the internet. It's so much easier to sift through the lies.

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
Join the forum and tell us more, we're always interested in a good story.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline cwschizzy

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Absurdity in Religion
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »
For some reason, all I took from that was " Oral Roberts pitched his tent right next to my dad's." I should be ashamed.
Belief is irrelevant; the truth is not a democracy.
facebook.com/AbsurdityinReligion