Author Topic: Christian Webcomic  (Read 584 times)

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
Re: Christian Webcomic
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
We listened to him.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +681/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 10:27:06 AM »
I don't think he's mentally ill.

Slight correction - that was not the message I was trying to convey.  Sorry if it came across that way.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »
I linked to the thread. He's going to be very upset if he reads Screwtapes damning assessment.

Oh, the poor delicate flower.  Whatever was I thinking?  I guess I should edit my post out of concern for his feelings.  Because suggesting the negative and offensive way he portrays atheists makes him an inconsiderate asshole would be inconsiderate.  And gosh, that would be wrong, because, you know, he's a xian and we should all be deferential to their feelings even when they obviously could not give a rat's ass about ours and hold us in absolute contempt.  Because they are used to being handled with deference, and to do otherwise would be a breach of their position of privilege.  And, heavens, I wouldn't want that, would I?

Great point, miles.  Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

My tongue was firmly in cheek. I'm sure he's quite used to much more robust criticism than your barb.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2014, 11:58:37 PM »
I'm sure he's quite used to much more robust criticism than your barb.

He would have to be. It's the only way he can remain wrong about everything for so long.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 03:49:02 PM »
I saw this on daily motion the other day, it's targeted to children:

http://dailymotion.com/video/xkac8j_homosexuality-is-evil-real-christian-comic_fun

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-2
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »

http://dailymotion.com/video/xkac8j_homosexuality-is-evil-real-christian-comic_fun

-Nam

How very very sad. 

But, if one is convinced that homosexuality is always a choice and genetics has not role, and if one is convinced the Bible is the divinely inspired inerrant Word of God, then such a comic strip makes sense. 

As always,

OldChurchGuy
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »
Ignorance makes sense to the ignorant.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »

-Nam

How very very sad. 

But, if one is convinced that homosexuality is always a choice and genetics has not role, and if one is convinced the Bible is the divinely inspired inerrant Word of God, then such a comic strip makes sense. 

As always,

OldChurchGuy

Yes, obviously. But the point from this side of the belief coin is not that they believe those things, it's that they continue to believe those thing despite all the evidence that proves them wrong, and to take action based on those proven wrong beliefs, negatively impacting the lives of other people along the way.

I don't give a hoot if you (generic, not specific) believe nonsense - I hoot mighty fricking loud when your nonsensical beliefs start negatively affecting others.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »
*You is in general, right? Because I don't think OCG propagates such beliefs.

His religion might but that may not be representing of him. Like the country your from may propagate an issue you find negative but just because you, as an individual in said country, do not doesn't mean you can't be viewed as propagating it because of the generalization of the country.

-Nam

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
*You is in general, right?

That's what I was conveying with this:

I don't give a hoot if you (generic, not specific) believe ....

Apologies if what I was indicating I meant in the generic sense was unclear.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
I thought you mistyped "genetic" which is a word OCG used. I probably just misread.

-Nam

Offline SpaceTime

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 05:48:16 PM »
If you hold that God must conform to your idea of love, then you're making the sovereign, omnipotent God of the universe into a weak, impotent, dependent god, whose existence or character is beholden to a notion in your mind.

You are making your idea of love into an idol, to be worshiped in the place of the real God.
Upon reading this I looked above the quote and realized it says: "Quote from the comic". Instead of "Quote to the comic".
This striked me, really, am I insane for thinking this quote is literally the cumulus of hypocrysis? Aren't Christians definition of God /literally/ the embodiement of that quote?