Author Topic: "Heaven is For Real" the Movie!  (Read 303 times)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
"Heaven is For Real" the Movie!
« on: April 04, 2014, 02:12:36 PM »
http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/heavenisforreal-trailer/164731

Looks like movie studios are learning that pandering to gullible Christian is very profitable. "Based on a Real Story," um yes based on a real story told by a three year old as encouraged by his Christian parents...and oh look the imagery is Christian...what a coincidence! And remember guys and gals, abortion is murder!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:15:05 PM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline snotnosetommy

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
Re: "Heaven is For Real" the Movie!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:59:04 AM »
There's a link in the IMDB discussion Nam posted a link to - haven't read much else on the site but it seems to be all about bible / scriptural discernment - i.e. - does it really say that in the bible / is it scriptural?

http://www.thebereancall.org/content/heaven-real-real-exercise-discernment-0/

You have to scroll down a bit to get to the wall of words to see that this guy, apparently a devout christian, is calling bullshit on the whole thing.  Here's a snip...

"In heaven, this little girl ran up to me, and she wouldn't stop hugging me....She said she just can't wait for you and Daddy to get to heaven" (p. 96). That revelation seemed to be the most convincing for Colton's parents that their son had indeed visited Heaven: "We had wanted to believe that our unborn child had gone to heaven. Even though the Bible is largely silent on this point, we had accepted it on faith. But now, we had an eyewitness: a daughter we had never met was waiting eagerly for us in eternity" (p. 97).

Was Colton truly an eyewitness in Heaven to everything he described? Much of it is quite mindboggling, notwithstanding the fact that all of it is extra-biblical. Yet it provides alleged insights about Heaven; e.g., a girl dies as a fetus, grows into a little girl in heaven, and then is eagerly awaiting her parents' arrival. What if one or both parents reject the gospel? Would there then be disappointment in a place of perfect bliss?

Consider how Colton's father mentioned that "the Bible is largely silent" on a certain issue. It is also completely silent on the specific things that Colton has revealed. This raises the question as to why God would leave out something of value for us in His inerrant Word, which was given through His prophets "as they were moved by the Holy Ghost"

Offline Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
Re: "Heaven is For Real" the Movie!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:50:50 AM »
http://www.hannity.com/show/2014/04/14

Click on Hannity Insider Audio: hour 3.

Sean Hannity interviews the kid (now 14), his father and the director.

I need to listen to it again to be sure, but I think he gets his "facts" mixed up on at least two occasions
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.