Author Topic: Geocentric universe finally proven! (basic observable based science aside)  (Read 200 times)

Offline El Guapo

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
The church and bible had it all figured out centuries ago.  Copernicus, Galileo, Einstein, NGT . . . . all had it wrong!    We we such fools to believe their lies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8cBvMCucTg

I just don't know what to believe any more . . .  :'(

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
April fool's joke? Regardless, if we were to believe such nonsense, we'd be committing the argumentum ab auctoritate (argument from authority) fallacy. Scientists can be wrong too. The facts are against them. The Universe is fine-tuned for several things - destruction of planets and entire solar systems, black holes, and radiation being a few of them - none of which are propitious to life.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
El Guapo,

Read through the comments and you'll quickly find that the producers of the movie apparently engaged in quote mining and purposefully taking out of context comments from respectable scientist and astrophysicists.

Hell, even Kate Mulgrew came out and stated that had she known that Robert Sungenis (the Executive Producer) was involved, she would have never lent her voice talent to this Christian apologist movie posing as a "science" documentary.

http://www.geekosystem.com/kate-mulgrew-not-geocentrist/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:27:04 PM by Disciple of Sagan »
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.

Offline El Guapo

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
DOS - That's actually how I was alerted to the existence of this "Documentary".  There was a slew of disclaimers from Kate Mulgrew and the Physicists.  In addition to his terrific work as a Christian Apologist, the producer is also a noted Anti-Semite and has denied that the Holocaust even occurred! 

Hard to believe that people can get involved in a project like this and not know the background/motives of the individuals involved in it's production.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Read through the comments and you'll quickly find that the producers of the movie apparently engaged in quote mining and purposefully taking out of context comments from respectable scientist and astrophysicists.

Well, that explains it. I assumed the "documentary" was honest. I should've listened to my "No faith in humanity" side this time.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-0
I should've listened to my "No faith in humanity" side this time.

I know the feeling. Every time I hear or read about people accepting intellectually dishonest, theistic BS as scientific fact, I become more and more of a misanthrope (which gives me something in common with their god. Go figure).

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +846/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Do the people who produce stuff like this realize they are liars for Jesus and just don't care about truth, as long as people turn away from science and towards their religion?  :(

Or do they actually think that they are doing legitimate research?  :?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-0