Isn't restraining your son physically going against his will? Effectively depriving him of his freedom?
No because my son does not believe me. He thinks this is all a hoax. Some sort of practical joke I am playing on him. The lack of his belief means i must take extraordinary measures to stop him and convince him until the danger has passed.
In the case of this being my belief in god. I do not consider myself informed anymore than tales of zeus, Oden, or thor.
In my case if god is real. he is going to torture me for eternity, for failing to understand/believe the King james or NJIV bible is his rule book to avoid such punishment. I know full well what the bible says. I am pretty sure there is no such thing as god, and I am almost certain that none of the religious texts in any way address any god that might exist.
Proofs that the bible (paper source of christianity) is a work of man and not gods truth.
Exodus - flawed in so many ways that I find it impossible to believe.
1) red sea opened up allowing 2.5 million people through 10 abreast 2.5 Million bodies would represent a percession of people 100 miles long. Pharoah could easily have caught up with them in the multiple days it would have taken to walk across the red sea.
2) No evidence of jews in egypt
3) only one source for miracles and plagues. A culture that values male heirs as highly as ancient egyptians would have a record of all first born males dying.
4) people wittnessing the red sea opening up allowing 2.5 million people through and the 10 plagues would not immediatly begin physical sins like creating graven images.
The book of Job, essentially a bet with god.
1) The devil knows that god knows the outcome of the bet, so the only benefit he gets from the deal is the ability to see Job suffer.
2) God knows the devil is using him to commit an evil act. But feels compelled to make Job his, faithful servant to suffer. For what possible reason, vanity???
3) every life is sacred (from egg to wrinkles) Killing Job's innocent wife and kids punishes more than just Job. God is doing the devils bidding. Giving Job wealth, power, and a new family does not make up for his loss. He still has lost his family.
1) No evidence of a global flood.
2) requires young earth, lots of proof that this is not a young world.
3) Fossil record
4) Boat not big enough to house a fraction of plants or animals or food let alone all.
5) Plant life could not have propagated around the would in the time it would take. Pine trees as an example could probably move 5 miles every 5 or 10 years.
6) two Snails or slugs could not reach the ends of the earth even if they ran with out eating or breeding in thousands of years. Let alon become all the breeds of snails we see today.
Just those three stories prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the bible is in error.