Author Topic: Why can't/wont god heal amputees?  (Read 6023 times)

Online Lukvance

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-153
  • Catholic
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Why can't/wont god heal amputees?
« Reply #754 on: June 27, 2014, 08:50:12 PM »
Median, your view is quite interesting. I don't seem to be as versed as you when it comes to assertions. You seem to be making a lot of them and have no one to back you up.
That's ok. I realized not so long ago that talking with people who do not have a clue of a response that might satisfy them before opposing an answer made by someone else, do not bear any result.
It's like talking with those "wall street movement" people who are screaming at the economy and the famous 1% rich people but don't give any solutions to the problem they are underlining.
I will answer your questions. If you don't like my answer, ask me more.
I won't comment anymore on assertions. If you want to know my opinion or want to know the reason why I think of something, ask me.

Why can't/wont god heal amputees?
Because of the possible consequences it would have. It goes against the laws of conservation.
I know of people who have been cured by "something else" than God. The result isn't pretty to watch.
I could [support my claims], but you wouldn't understand. Others have tried and you can't or won't see it.

You're worth more than my time

Online Lukvance

• Reader
  • Darwins +11/-153
  • Catholic
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #755 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:51 PM »
And why would the guy who created the law have to respect the law? 
I program things, if I want to program something else I will. But changing a balanced program simply because someone (not even the ones affected by the program) wants me to, I won't. I believe that God respect his law because his law is there for a reason, not respecting it would be catastrophic for you. It won't change anything for him.

That is the xian argument for god making people suffer, no? 

Catholic Christians do not believe that God make people suffer.
"God makes people suffer" is one of the many lies that atheists like you tag on us. They also say that Noah's flood was real.
I could [support my claims], but you wouldn't understand. Others have tried and you can't or won't see it.

You're worth more than my time

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #756 on: June 27, 2014, 09:47:35 PM »
So why can lizards re-grow limbs?
wiki Def. of the laws of conservation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_law
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:51:26 PM by 12 Monkeys »
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #757 on: June 27, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »
Hey GUYS the OT was all just stories....so the Jews we not the ACTUAL chosen ones.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-80
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #758 on: June 28, 2014, 09:55:03 AM »
And why would the guy who created the law have to respect the law? 
I program things, if I want to program something else I will. But changing a balanced program simply because someone (not even the ones affected by the program) wants me to, I won't. I believe that God respect his law because his law is there for a reason, not respecting it would be catastrophic for you. It won't change anything for him.

That is the xian argument for god making people suffer, no? 

Catholic Christians do not believe that God make people suffer.
"God makes people suffer" is one of the many lies that atheists like you tag on us. They also say that Noah's flood was real.

That's not what you said to me.  You tried very hard to convince me God wants me to suffer.  You are so confused. We're gonna have to rename you flip flop. 

Here's why God won't heal amputees.  It wants us to heal ourselves.
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-15
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #759 on: June 28, 2014, 04:53:18 PM »
Median, your view is quite interesting. I don't seem to be as versed as you when it comes to assertions. You seem to be making a lot of them and have no one to back you up.
That's ok. I realized not so long ago that talking with people who do not have a clue of a response that might satisfy them before opposing an answer made by someone else, do not bear any result.
It's like talking with those "wall street movement" people who are screaming at the economy and the famous 1% rich people but don't give any solutions to the problem they are underlining.
I will answer your questions. If you don't like my answer, ask me more.
I won't comment anymore on assertions. If you want to know my opinion or want to know the reason why I think of something, ask me.

Why can't/wont god heal amputees?
Because of the possible consequences it would have. It goes against the laws of conservation.
I know of people who have been cured by "something else" than God. The result isn't pretty to watch.

This is just more obfuscation and off topic ranting from you because I completely refuted your last attempt at being irrational and contradicting yourself on the notion of an alleged "all powerful God", and apparently you just couldn't handle it. Somehow you seem to be so diluted so as to think that if I don't buy your assertions and just take your word for it then I can't be convinced. But that is just your safety belief and it isn't true at all. I've already told you what would be required to convince me and you've readily admitted that you cannot provide it.

Second, I have plenty of people who can "back me up" here but it beside the point because I'm not the one making the extraordinary claims here. You are. And you have been asked to demonstrate evidence of those claims - to which you have not done. An answer that will satisfy me is one that is rational, valid, and sound (not irrational like the ones you have give thus far with your fallacies). Btw, have you been to Wall Street? There are LOTS of people there with solutions, answers, and ideas as to how we can change things for a better and safer economy for all. So you're analogy of me fails miserably.

Lastly, your post tells a blatant LIE! That's right, you are a liar. You say, "I won't comment anymore on assertions". But then just a second later you make assertions and comment on them saying:

Why can't/wont god heal amputees? Because of the possible consequences it would have. It goes against the laws of conservation. I know of people who have been cured by "something else" than God. The result isn't pretty to watch.

Luk, the fact is you've been shown to be extremely irrational in your reasoning and that means that your beliefs are not true. You need to amend them to align with rational thinking if you truly care whether or not your beliefs are true.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #760 on: June 28, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »
Lukvance you still have not explained why the consequences of growing back a human's arm or leg would be so terrible, when there are many other living things that grow back parts when they get cut off. An earthworm can grow back a whole new body if it gets cut in half. Also, when humans cut off their hair and fingernails, they grow back as well.

If nothing ever grew back parts when they were cut off, you might have some basis for what you say. But there are things that do grow back without destroying the universe. And you have yourself stated that god does not always have to follow normal physical or biological principles when he does miracles.

You have now dug yourself a deeper hole.

See gross worm pix at http://www.livescience.com/38371-two-worms-worm-cut-in-half.html

Added info on what part of worm has to be there to grow back a new whole worm, and how a planaria flatworm is "able to reform its entire body from slivers just 1/300th of the animal's original body size". Planaria can grow back their heads after you cut them off. And keep all their memories when they regenerate their heads!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:12:31 PM by nogodsforme »
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.