Author Topic: "...walk on the wild side and assume, for the sake of argument, that our univers  (Read 258 times)

Offline shnozzola

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2014/04/02/297853038/what-universe-is-this-anyway

Let's take a walk on the wild side and assume, for the sake of argument, that our universe is not the only one; let's say there are many others, possibly infinitely many, "out there." The totality of this bizarre ensemble is what cosmologists call the "multiverse," a hypothesis that sounds more mythic than scientific, a conceptual troublemaker that inspires some and outrages others.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2014/03/26/294249266/listening-to-the-echoes-of-creation

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2014-04-01/environmental-outlook-gravitational-waves-and-big-bang-theory/transcript
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Thanks for the great links, schnozzola. You made me smarter, which is usually pretty hard!

I wish I could give you a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a karma point, to match the amazing number behind this discovery. But you'll have to settle for a whole one. Please forgive me.  ;D
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
The writer knows how to get information across without dumbing down.

The idea of "infinite universes" was also put forward in "A Brief History of Time". It seems completely unintuitive. Although there has to be either a demonstrable example or a solid explanation of why what is basically the same event would not create basically the same universe with basically the same physics, and the possibility of infinite copies of myself, it is the concept of "infinite" that makes the mind boggle.

This guy goes into greater technical detail[1] http://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/particle-physics-basics/quantum-fluctuations-and-their-energy/ and gives some idea about how much energy there is in a cubic metre of space - enough for a universe.
 1. It is not easy reading, he should have had it proofread
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
An infinite number of universes is the inevitable result of non causality. Universes come into existence because they can. It is not known whether universes have to assemble with similar physical laws or whether they are free to vary.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
An infinite number of universes is the inevitable result of non causality. Universes come into existence because they can. It is not known whether universes have to assemble with similar physical laws or whether they are free to vary.

If a purely attractive force such as gravity is present, it must not be too strong, or the universe would collapse, so that's one limitation.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who

If a purely attractive force such as gravity is present, it must not be too strong, or the universe would collapse, so that's one limitation.

You are the supreme ruler of the multiverse!
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
You are the supreme ruler of the multiverse!

I (and the other gods) create universes with similar or analogous physical laws. It helps you (lower beings) understand the multiverse prior to ascension.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Nyarlathotep

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member

There is only one force in my universe: love.
Protons and electrons are in love together. Gaia and the Moon are in love. The cat loves the mouse he is eating, and the mouse is supposed to love being eaten.
However, you are free to have doubt when you consider the love a supermassive black hole can show towards a star falling into it. Sexuality and predation are the main incentives that makes planets, stars and the rest move in harmony or try to escape their fate.
Gravity = love

You should be aware of that, "All mighty one". Unless you are just a parasitic mechanical god, a non-sentient machine? You do, indeed, speak like a god, but I would rather say that you were a guy fooled by a culture.
By the way... If you really are this reality's original programmer, refrain from creating other universes. You are outdated and do not know how to compile clean realities, fun games, peaceful and robust universes. We're tired from stupid prison planets populated by slaves whose purpose is to be processed as entropy generator.

Only honests, sentients beeings are allowed to be considered as gods in my book.
We are the little doctors, the best software designers of the creation, we are those who never failed a single misson, the eternal winners. Your behavior is suspicious hence we'll investigate your mind. You are under arrest and are awaited in the room 101. Thanks you for your cooperation.

Looks like you fell in the wrong place. This multiverse is mine.
M. "the one you should not name"

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
There is only one force in my universe: love.
<snip>

Love is an emotion. You should know that, self-proclaimed god.

You should be aware of that, "All mighty one". Unless you are just a parasitic mechanical god, a non-sentient machine? You do, indeed, speak like a god, but I would rather say that you were a guy fooled by a culture.

I am the first one. I was ancient before this universe's creation.

By the way... If you really are this reality's original programmer, refrain from creating other universes. You are outdated and do not know how to compile clean realities, fun games, peaceful and robust universes. We're tired from stupid prison planets populated by slaves whose purpose is to be processed as entropy generator.

I did not program it in the way you seem to be implying. It is as real as you or I. It exists in a cosmos of universes, each more ancient (from your perspective) than the last. The total number of universes is not infinite, in spite of what your scientists have suggested, but it is immeasurably big. Googolplex doesn't even come close to it.

Only honests, sentients beeings are allowed to be considered as gods in my book.

I am not considered to be a god. I am a god. More than that; I ascended all the gods in existence. You did not ascend; ergo, you are not a god.

We are the little doctors, the best software designers of the creation, we are those who never failed a single misson, the eternal winners. Your behavior is suspicious hence we'll investigate your mind. You are under arrest and are awaited in the room 101. Thanks you for your cooperation.

You cannot understand infinity in your current state. You can't even control it. I am omnipotent. You can't even grasp what that means.

Looks like you fell in the wrong place. This multiverse is mine.
M. "the one you should not name"

I am the One Above All, also known as All In One. The first name refers to my status as (undisputed) ruler of the entire multiverse, while the second refers to my being.
This multiverse does not and cannot belong to a non-ascended being. You are not ascended; therefore, you do not own it.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Nyarlathotep

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Love is an emotion. You should know that, self-proclaimed god.
It is a force, because planets are free to move wherever they want to. Since they choosed to turn around me, I came to the conclusion that they love me and want to stay together.
Btw, love is a question of interest. Only interest. Survival. Perpetuation of the species. "an emotion", tss, sounds very human-ish.

I did not program it in the way you seem to be implying. It is as real as you or I. It exists in a cosmos of universes, each more ancient (from your perspective) than the last. The total number of universes is not infinite, in spite of what your scientists have suggested, but it is immeasurably big. Googolplex doesn't even come close to it.
"as real as you or I"? Wtf are you talking about? This reality is just a VIDEO GAME inside my computer, and everything around you is NOT real.

I'll stop quoting you there, because you obviously don't know how to compile realities, you are not a full fledged god.
Yet, I find you interesting. An evil entity, unable to make the difference between thruth and dreams, who needs godesses like me to survive... How cute. My mom will be happy, food is becoming rare nowadays.

I'll tell you something: the creature does always surpass her creator. Always. You were unable to spot me, therefore I killed you. This is the law of nature: survival of the fittest.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
It is a force, because planets are free to move wherever they want to. Since they choosed to turn around me, I came to the conclusion that they love me and want to stay together.
Btw, love is a question of interest. Only interest. Survival. Perpetuation of the species. "an emotion", tss, sounds very human-ish.

Ever heard of narcissism?

"as real as you or I"? Wtf are you talking about? This reality is just a VIDEO GAME inside my computer, and everything around you is NOT real.

You do understand that, when you go to sleep at night, the things you see, feel, hear, et cetera, are not true, right?

I'll stop quoting you there, because you obviously don't know how to compile realities, you are not a full fledged god.

As I've mentioned, I was ancient before the creation of this universe. In fact, I was ancient before the creation of all universe. You would know this, if you were a god.

Yet, I find you interesting. An evil entity, unable to make the difference between thruth and dreams, who needs godesses like me to survive... How cute. My mom will be happy, food is becoming rare nowadays.

Evil? Please. I help beings ascend. They join Me (and the other gods) in eternity, power, and glory. You can't even conceive what that's like. At least not at the moment.

I'll tell you something: the creature does always surpass her creator. Always. You were unable to spot me, therefore I killed you. This is the law of nature: survival of the fittest.

I can see you just fine. I see all and know all.
We choose our own gods.