Author Topic: Creation Liberty has the answer to WWGHA...  (Read 331 times)

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +347/-7
  • Ex-rosary squad
Creation Liberty has the answer to WWGHA...
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »
...and the answer is terrible.

Stumbled on this website while Googling for Ica stone information:

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/healamputees.php

There are enough misrepresentations and examples of sloppy thinking in here to devise a dangerous drinking game.  But hey, WWGHA shout-out!
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Creation Liberty has the answer to WWGHA...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 01:22:35 PM »
I may delve in to this site, but I suspect I've heard it all before.

But when, exactly, did this site get approved by Richard Dawkins? I assume he was all happy about the content rather than the forum. I wouldn't want his approval to go to my head.   ;D
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »
I wouldn't want his approval to go to my head.   ;D

Who gives a shit what he does and doesn't approve, unless it comes to biology? And even then, unless it's supported by evidence, who cares?

On-topic: That website froze my browser temporarily. I had to wait for it to respond for just a few seconds (although it was slow as hell) before I could close the tab. Not gonna try that again.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +48/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 01:46:32 PM »
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/healamputees.php

The atheist worldview believes God's decisions are subject to man's approval

Why is it most theists won't allow themselves to look up the word 'atheist' in the dictionary?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:49:34 PM by Backspace »
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 02:51:43 PM »

A well-known atheist website (approved by Richard Dawkins), whywontgodhealamputees.com, attempts to justify a believe that there is no God by attempting a logical argument based on the question, "Why Won't God Heal Amputees?" Though the website's "START HERE" link takes you past the introduction, I want to start with the introduction's premise to demonstrate that the conclusion that is being reached is exactly the presupposition one must already have in order to reach that conclusion, or in other words, the author already believes in his conclusion BEFORE starting his "investigation."

What, a person has an idea of what they want to convince you of BEFORE they try to convince you???? Amazing powers of observation there buddy. Want to explain to me that water is wet too? And while you're at it, if such is a bad thing as you say, were you reading WWGHA with an unbiased mind while writing this article? Or, did you not like what it had to say, and wrote an article trying to convince people of the invalidity of the argument WWGHA? HRRRRRRMMMMMMM??????

The atheist worldview believes God's decisions are subject to man's approval.
The Christian worldview knows man's desires are subject to God's approval. 

Facepalm. Please for the love of your fictional god, look up atheist in a dictionary.

Before continuing to analyze the atheist website, let's first understand that we have no promises from God to have a comfortable life, no promises to be saved from all suffering and pain, and no promises to be healed of all injury. That's false doctrine mainstream churches are teaching as to why people should become a Christian.

Cherrypicking for the No true Scottsman are we?

So why do they make these gigantic leaps of illogical faith that God does not exist?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
-Psalm 14:1

The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
-John 7:7

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
-John 3:19

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
-John 15:19

Yeah don't pay attention to those 'giantic leaps' of logic, pay attention to our appeal to authority and circular reasoning because that is logical. &)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:08:56 PM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +347/-7
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »
I may delve in to this site, but I suspect I've heard it all before.
It pretty much is all stuff you've heard before.  But the guy here has a certain tone of...arrogance...that causes me to have a train-wreck-can't-look-away kind of reaction.

But when, exactly, did this site get approved by Richard Dawkins? I assume he was all happy about the content rather than the forum. I wouldn't want his approval to go to my head.   ;D

As per ze Google:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=14485.0
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 04:29:02 PM »
Yea, and Hatter missed the part where the dude says we hate god. Talk about unclear not he concept.

Of course it is fine to bring up new sources of idiocy. It keeps us prepared for whoever shows up next and tells us how wrong we are.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 07:25:25 AM »
Yea, and Hatter missed the part where the dude says we hate god. Talk about unclear not he concept.

Of course it is fine to bring up new sources of idiocy. It keeps us prepared for whoever shows up next and tells us how wrong we are.

I just grabbed a few random passages so as to not go into overload of stupid. Heh, hate God...just like Kevin Sorbo's character.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +347/-7
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »
I just grabbed a few random passages so as to not go into overload of stupid. Heh, hate God...just like Kevin Sorbo's character.

Well last I checked, the god's were always trying to f**k with Kevin Sorbo's character.  So he certainly had good reason to hate them.

We are talking about Hercules, right?
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »

Well last I checked, the god's were always trying to f**k with Kevin Sorbo's character.  So he certainly had good reason to hate them.

We are talking about Hercules, right?

No. I was talking about the character he plays in the first movie ever to be based off of forwarded email spam; "God Isn't Dead"