Author Topic: no seriously, look at the child exploitation side of noah and sons repopulating  (Read 494 times)

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Noah and sons on a boat, noah a few hundred years old how did they figure the batting order of copulation and how were sex partners selected? What about the first generation who were they bred back to, therd fathers, cousins, uncles??

What of the genetic bottle neck, incidence of recessive genes on such a tightly line bred population .  given we were already tightly line bred on adam and eve, more so actually at least noah had more than one sire in the ark.

dna analysis should shec somd. light. we should be more phenotypically similar should we not.

biol students could replicate this with rats and look at the gene biodiversity .

did the little girls have a say who they were bred with, how old were they noah was at least 600.

Hush little mama god said its ok.........eeew creepy shit.
Signature goes here...

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Then there is the problem of creating different ethnic traits from 7 people ALL related to each other. The 7 were all of the same family but differing ethnic variables?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
If you think the OT take on the flood is creepy, the Chinese version had a brother and sister being the sole survivors....
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
eh!, do you put any effort into your posts?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
^ That's a bit harsh i feel. i am in crisis with these questions that burn away at me and u think they are to trivial to ask?

Signature goes here...

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
^ That's a bit harsh i feel. i am in crisis with these questions that burn away at me and u think they are to trivial to ask?

It's not about the questions; it's about the way you write them. I'll take your post as a "yes", although I am hesitant to accept that answer.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Can you direct me to the board standard snd expectations on literacy requirements for posts.

i am eh by name and nature but i do not want to be disrespectful by being lazy.

the main issue however is fat fingers on a thin touchpad, i am not on a puter. excuse i know but this is relaxtion for me not paid work.

New here so need guidance on the level of expectation.
Signature goes here...

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
I expect people to know the language they're trying to communicate with. Not know it perfectly, since that's impossible, but at least know it well enough that others can read their posts. For example, I didn't get past the first paragraph of your OP, nor did I get past the first sentence of your previous post.
We choose our own gods.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Roger that, not here to make enemies, here to gain resources and skills. will work on it, please allow me to be me in the process.

gawd bliss.
Signature goes here...

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
Roger that, not here to make enemies, here to gain resources and skills. will work on it, please allow me to be me in the process.

I was not looking to make enemies. My inquiry was just that: an inquiry. Had I wanted to humiliate you, I would've done far worse. Then the other members of the forum would metaphorically beat the crap out of me for picking on a newbie.
We choose our own gods.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Will post an intro from a pc soonish and be ready to be inspired by my inspirational use of gods fav language cos god like white english speakers more than any other of his creations.
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Then there is the problem of creating different ethnic traits from 7 people ALL related to each other. The 7 were all of the same family but differing ethnic variables?

Evolution faces the same problem.

Unless you are willing to argue that all ethnicities evolved at once.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL THE DAMN NOAH TOPICS!?!?!

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
skeptic you saying evolution and the bible carry the same weight of proof?

and please expound yr good christian morals on the 600 year old man re-populating the earth with his daughters and such...just doing gods work, you turd.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:33:30 AM by eh! »
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.

and please expound yr good christian morals on the 600 year old man re-populating the earth with his daughters and such...just doing gods work, you turd.

God did not yet set laws against incest. Besides, the human race's genes weren't as corrupt yet due to the fact the genes were still fresh. With each passing generation the genes get more and more corrupt which leads to problems such as Alzheimer's, people needing glasses, lactose intolerance, asthma, etc etc.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85

Name calling is something one works up to not jumps right into.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL THE DAMN NOAH TOPICS!?!?!

-Nam

A response to Paramount Pictures marketing drive?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
I guess.

-Nam

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
 ;D ;D

Noah stories suck eh!   I feel as though we are talking to a Canadian eh!

The Noah fable has been beaten to death, anyone with a sane mind knows the story is full of holes eh!

Do a forum search eh!      Then ask a question that's worth asking.     eh!         Facepalm   I promise not to do that again.

&)
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
Eh?

;)

-Nam

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +543/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?

God did not yet set laws against incest.
Why do you think that was?
Besides, the human race's genes weren't as corrupt yet due to the fact the genes were still fresh. With each passing generation the genes get more and more corrupt which leads to problems such as Alzheimer's, people needing glasses, lactose intolerance, asthma, etc etc.
Your ignorance is truly staggering. I cannot believe that you can walk and chew gum at the same time. Did you travel on the short bus? are you allowed to vote? I honestly thought that the ideas about genes was well known.

You are completely wrong. You are really staggeringly and irredeemably wrong. If I ever see anything as wrong as this, I will personally email you and apologise... and then introduce you to the author of the more stupid piece so you can feel superior.

We have the DNA of people from 400,000 years ago: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/about-us/news/2013/december/oldest-human-dna-uncovered126627.html and, do you know what? ours is just as "fresh".

We have the DNA from people 6,000 years ago, and, do you know what? ours is just as "fresh".

Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +412/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
Besides, the human race's genes weren't as corrupt yet due to the fact the genes were still fresh. With each passing generation the genes get more and more corrupt which leads to problems such as Alzheimer's, people needing glasses, lactose intolerance, asthma, etc etc.

Intelligent design indeed...
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
I can't believe the "corrupted dna" thing is being offered with a straight face. Do you even read what you write, skeptic?

If that had any validity, then people in each generation as you go into the past would be longer lived, healthier, smarter, faster, whatever, than the subsequent ones. People in the middle ages would have lived to over 100 and we would be croaking at 50, instead of the reverse. People in the past would have not gotten sick--why was there so much sickness, boils, leprosy and such in the bible what with the less corrupt dna of those days? Why don't we all have rickets, smallpox and the plague?

Nobody would ever develop resistance to any diseases. (There are already people who seem to have developed resistance to AIDS!) Instead of setting Olympic speed records, athletes would be getting slower and less athletic every four years. &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
genes were less corrupt and more fresh in the old days???

old genes lead to alzheimers???

eh!
Signature goes here...

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™

God did not yet set laws against incest. Besides, the human race's genes weren't as corrupt yet due to the fact the genes were still fresh. With each passing generation the genes get more and more corrupt which leads to problems such as Alzheimer's, people needing glasses, lactose intolerance, asthma, etc etc.

ORLY? Where is all the corruption in animals?

Lactose intolerance is us losing an evolved trait of holding onto lactase, to suck off cattle. We shouldn't need it after age 2. Asthma is apparently caused by lack of symbiotic bacteria (helicobacter), need for glasses is causes by literature, Alzheimer's we still don't know, but it was probably present in the early Biblical age.

Evolution faces the same problem.

Unless you are willing to argue that all ethnicities evolved at once.

Wrong. Evolution did not happen in 2000 years.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
genes were less corrupt and more fresh in the old days???

Yes, Fundacretins think that our genes are corrupting, because they believe that Noah lived to 1000, etc. Since we live less than unproven people in the past, our genes MUST BE corrupting. However, they don't pay much attention to animal species. As proof of corruption, they also cite recent supposed degeneration which may well be true, because we don't weed out enough sick people, due to Christianity wanting to save everyone. Without Christianity, we would put our babies in the snow, like Spartans did. We would toughen up a bit.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
Another thing which just occurred to me while reading this thread...

I'm not ambitious enough to dig up a Bible and do the math right now, but in the Noah movie, at least based on the couple of previews I've seen,  Methuselah (played by Anthony Hopkins) is one of the characters.

I know he lived quite a bit longer than Noah did, but had never thought about whether they were contemporaries. For that matter, I'm not even sure whether he was supposed to be one of the good guys, or whether his name being in the Bible is just a matter of lineage. But if all these people were living to such ripe ages back in OT times, and Noah was not yet ancient (by those standards, at least) by the time of the flood, shouldn't there have been a lot more of those people named in all the "begats" still around? Unless everyone back then started having kids when they were 400 years old, those generations (including people singled out by the Bible without condemnation) should have overlapped by hundreds of years. And yet we are told that everyone on the earth, aside from Noah and his immediate family, were to evil to allow to survive.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
I did the math once.  Methusalah died in the year of the flood, so he co-existed with Noah for several decades.

Which raises an interesting question.  The ark took some years to build.  Imagine the scene....

Methuselah: "Nice work Noah, Ark's really coming on."
Noah: "thanks!"
M: "Just one thing.....I don't see my room on the plans?"
N: "Ah....awkward!"
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
One of the many, many problems with the Noah story is that it takes so many magical leaps to get from there to here. Besides the fact that nobody has ever been able build a sea-worthy boat that big of just wood without modern technology, or we would have been using them instead of having to wait for the invention of iron, steel, fiberglass, etc. It had to be magic.  &)

You have one family and one boat with some animal pairs and in less than 10,000 years you have the amazing global biodiversity we see today. Millions of different species, island plants, polar animals, insects galore, plants only found in crevices in mountain tops, insects that only live off of other animals. And the ark had no rare island plants, no bees or other social insects, no bacteria, no polar species, etc.  Unless magic.  &)

Not only do you have to account for all the different species we have today that could not have been on the ark (polar bears? tree frogs?). You have to speed up evolution to the point where it looks like time-lapse photography. One "kind" of cat, bird, bear, etc. has to give birth to offspring of completely different "kinds" and that has to happen each generation.

Plus, all the plants and animals and insects have to be migrating all over the place, for no apparent reason. Koalas and kangaroos just gotta get to Australia. Somehow.

And all this has to happen in front of the also rapidly reproducing humans. Every generation, human animal and  is producing kids who look like a different race from them. But nobody notices that ..... It would not have taken until the 19th century for people to come up with the theory of evolution if it have been clearly visible in each generation.

You cannot get from there to here, not even with magic.  :(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:55:35 PM by nogodsforme »
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.