Author Topic: Hello, I am Dark Rabbit  (Read 279 times)

Offline Dark Rabbit

Hello, I am Dark Rabbit
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »
I am Dark Rabbit, a non-believer of fables. I don’t believe in fables involving leprauchauns, superman, teletubbies, santa claus, narcistic gods in need for some self-glorification or any other supernatural creature that is clearly a figment of human imagination. And I certainly didn’t ask anyone to go hang on some cross for me 2000 years ago in order to own my ass before I was even born. I am in a self-imposed lifelong training program to not buy into some batshit non-sequitur argument that invents things like original sin in one premise and presents salvation from it in the next. I think this is an evil totalitarian narcisistic projection evolved to control the minds of people.

I am for rationality and openness. I believe in people but not always in what they do. Hell, I'll even grant you that they exist. I believe in debate and confrontation with raw rational arguments as a means of personal growth. I don't believe in hate. I believe in the strength of independent thinking. I think that our mental capacities oblige us to make fair rational choices and to base moral constructs on rationality and fairness. I believe in cooperation and that it still exists. I still hope it lurks somewhere in the offices of large corporate firms where survival seems to depend on low-life tactics and other malign human features. I think life has meaning because it's finite. I think the scientific method is our next best thing to truth, an insurance policy against superstition and dogma. I think we know a lot more than some 2000 years ago. I think religions are myths scrambled, corrupted, reshuffled and reinterpreted many times. I think there is not an idea more perverted than the idea of eternal damnation, but maybe the idea of original sin is. I try to doubt everything and I even doubt that. I believe exceptional claims need strong evidence. I believe this universe is a good place to be in but rather indifferent to our needs. And that it is not some passage to a more real world were everything is perfectly arranged to fit even our petty needs. I believe meaning is a human concept that only individuals can shape and that we ourselves are responsible to fulfill.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Hello, I am Dark Rabbit
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 06:13:16 PM »
Are you a fellow asshole?

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Dark Rabbit

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 02:35:42 AM »
Count me in, but I don't buy into that fellowship part.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 02:59:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Dark Rabbit.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 10:51:28 AM »
Count me in, but I don't buy into that fellowship part.

Then you're not a fellow asshole. There are dues we have to pay.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 05:37:36 PM »

;)

-Nam

I dodge paying my dues.  That makes me a double asshole.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 05:49:01 PM »

;)

-Nam

I dodge paying my dues.  That makes me a double asshole.

Double the pain when it catches up to you.

-Nam

Offline Shaffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Im A Realist ;)
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:57:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum! ;D
We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it.

~ParkingPlaces