Author Topic: 'Allahu Akbar' — God is Great  (Read 113 times)

Offline shnozzola

'Allahu Akbar' — God is Great
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:19:24 AM »
....that's what the Muslim man in Afghanistan said today before he shot 2 Associated Press women covering the election in his country.  And people wonder we fucking debate against these beliefs.  Pour me another glass of that, Sam.  Make it a goddamn fucking double.

Khost (Afghanistan) (AFP) - An Afghan police commander on Friday shot dead a female German photographer working for the Associated Press on the eve of presidential elections, in an attack that left a Canadian colleague wounded, the news agency said.

The journalists were shot in their car in the Tanai district of Khost province, in the country's east, as they reported on distribution of ballot papers for the election to choose a successor to President Hamid Karzai.

The incident comes as Afghanistan undertakes a massive security operation to protect voters and polling officials, after the Taliban pledged to disrupt Saturday's ballot with violence.

Anja Niedringhaus is the third journalist working for international media to be killed in Afghanistan during the election campaign, after Swedish journalist Nils Horner and Sardar Ahmad of Agence France-Presse.

"Anja Niedringhaus, 48, an internationally acclaimed German photographer, was killed instantly," AP said in a report from Kabul.

"Kathy Gannon, the reporter, was wounded twice and is receiving medical attention. She was described as being in stable condition and talking to medical personnel."

AP said the police commander opened fire while the two journalists were in their car, travelling with election workers delivering ballots in Khost city.

"As they were sitting in the car waiting for the convoy to move, a unit commander named Naqibullah walked up to the car, yelled 'Allahu Akbar' — God is Great — and opened fire on them in the back seat," the news agency said.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-female-western-journalists-shot-afghanistan-one-dead-075029732.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:24:06 AM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
Re: 'Allahu Akbar' — God is Great
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
I don't drink, but stories like this makes me want to take it up.

I think I'm going to spend this weekend instead re-reading Sam Harris's "The End of Faith"....
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.