Author Topic: Anzu wyliei - the Dinosaur from Hell  (Read 642 times)

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-1
Anzu wyliei - the Dinosaur from Hell
« on: March 20, 2014, 03:12:52 AM »
This creature has been put together from three skeletons found in the USA. Another link like creature but no doubt someone will complain it leaves more gaps rather than filling gaps in our knowledge.

[edit - added bold & underline so link was more clear ~Screwtape]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:56:02 AM by screwtape »
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Re: Anzu wyliei - the Dinosaur from Hell
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »
Wow. One of the most impressive parts in the article is the fact that there have been 1000 different dinosaur species discovered, and the scientists think there are thousands more still to find!

How people like skeptic and Bible Student can look at an article like this and maintain that evolution is made up, that fossils are not really millions of years old, and that humans and dinosaurs coexisted (but nobody seemed to notice or comment on the hundreds of giant "chickens from hell" running around eating people, for example) is just beyond me.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »
^that's because they were subservient to humans as I have read at many a Christian website. They were all destroyed during the great flood, apparently, yet what about the two of every dinosaur on the ark?

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
Still does not explain why nobody mentioned over a thousand species of gigantic subservient carnivorous lizard creatures, doing the will of man. That would make one helluva bible chapter. And it ain't there.   >:(

I guess that part of the bible got lost and resurfaced in 1990's Japan as a series of animated films and trading cards.....god does indeed work in mysterious ways. Gotta catch 'em all!

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »
Still does not explain why nobody mentioned over a thousand species of gigantic subservient carnivorous lizard creatures, doing the will of man. That would make one helluva bible chapter. And it ain't there.   >:(

I guess that part of the bible got lost and resurfaced in 1990's Japan as a series of animated films and trading cards.....god does indeed work in mysterious ways. Gotta catch 'em all!

Perhaps, like the Gospel of Thomas, they left it out of the final draft.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 12:25:11 PM »
Wow. One of the most impressive parts in the article is the fact that there have been 1000 different dinosaur species discovered, and the scientists think there are thousands more still to find!

How people like skeptic and Bible Student can look at an article like this and maintain that evolution is made up, that fossils are not really millions of years old, and that humans and dinosaurs coexisted (but nobody seemed to notice or comment on the hundreds of giant "chickens from hell" running around eating people, for example) is just beyond me.

People have lived with dinosaurs. Look up the Ica Stones. They depict drawings of dinosaurs long before any fossils of them were ever found. One of the drawings is a stegosaurus.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »
Look up the Ica Stones. They depict drawings of dinosaurs long before any fossils of them were ever found. One of the drawings is a stegosaurus.

I did.  Some sentences that stuck with me include:

"Uschuya, after claiming them to be real ancient artifacts, admitted to creating the carvings he had sold "
"In 1977, during the BBC documentary Pathway to the Gods, Uschuya produced an Ica stone with a dentist's drill "
(In fact, he appears to have changed his story between "I found them" and "I made them" half a dozen times)
"there is no reliable way of dating the stones"
"None of the (archaeologists) reported the discovery of carved andesite stones. Nevertheless carved stones which had been looted by huaqueros, grave robbers, began to be offered for sale to tourists and amateur collectors" (my bold)

Frankly, there's more reliable evidence fro your theory in "The Flintstones" than from these pretty rocks.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +373/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »
Honestly, I just got really curious to find the source(s) that could have possibly convinced skeptic54768 that the Ica stones should be considered authentic...

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/icastones.php

The hilarity:
Dr. Cabrera's father's name is Dom Pedro. This may not seem that important, but I say this to emphasize the lack of research that is being done. I am not saying that everything this author writes is incorrect, but typically, one tends to trust everything that is written just because it's in a book, and we Christians are not commanded to trust everything we read and hear from mankind.
(Bold mine)

Which is followed with a couple of bible verses.  Bible verses seem to pepper this website.  Reliance on the bible seems to pepper the website.

I just found it funny is all.  Carry on.

I'm also having a bit of a hard time determining if this site is a Poe or not.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-1
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
I was amused that it is thought to be 'evolutionists' who say these things are not genuine yet 'evolutionists' are biologists and it is going to take a geologist and a physicist to determine the age of stones and their nature and an archaeologist to assess them!

I see the site claims some stone were found over 500 years ago but I was not clear if those were preserved to see or if, more likely, they exist only in the form of notes and writings - in which case there is nothing to be said about them.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +533/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »
Look up the Ica Stones. They depict drawings of dinosaurs long before any fossils of them were ever found. One of the drawings is a stegosaurus.

"Uschuya, after claiming them to be real ancient artifacts, admitted to creating the carvings he had sold "
"In 1977, during the BBC documentary Pathway to the Gods, Uschuya produced an Ica stone with a dentist's drill "
(In fact, he appears to have changed his story between "I found them" and "I made them" half a dozen times)
"None of the (archaeologists) reported the discovery of carved andesite stones. Nevertheless carved stones which had been looted by huaqueros, grave robbers, began to be offered for sale to tourists and amateur collectors" (my bold)

Frankly, there's more reliable evidence fro your theory in "The Flintstones" than from these pretty rocks.
Skeptic,
Could you now say what you think of the "Ica Stones" as evidence of men living with dinosaurs?

I ask this as it would be refreshing to have you address a few of the refuted arguments of fundamentalists.

GB Mod.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-430
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 03:10:12 PM »

Skeptic,
Could you now say what you think of the "Ica Stones" as evidence of men living with dinosaurs?

I ask this as it would be refreshing to have you address a few of the refuted arguments of fundamentalists.

GB Mod.

I don't believe they are fake. The man who discovered them did not have the tools nor the complicated skills it takes to make one of these. The only reason to reject them is based on a presupposition that the dinosaurs lived millions of years ago.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 03:06:05 AM »
The man who discovered them did not have the tools nor the complicated skills it takes to make one of these.

So?  I repeat my quote:

Why do you assume that the person who "discovered" the stones has to be the faker? 
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +92/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 11:50:48 AM »

Why do you assume that the person who "discovered" the stones has to be the faker?

Like this clearly ancient cave painting found by staff in the british museum...

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 07:23:16 PM »

Skeptic,

GB Mod.

I don't believe they are fake. The man who discovered them did not have the tools nor the complicated skills it takes to make one of these. The only reason to reject them is based on a presupposition that the dinosaurs lived millions of years ago.

skeptic, there are many, many other reasons to reject the Ica stones as evidence of dinosaurs living with humans. Can you think of one reason, even if it's a silly one? If you can, then you are well on your way to critical thinking.[1]

When do you think all of these dinosaurs lived with humans? Was it 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 years ago? Because we have some pretty good records of life in different civilizations from all those times. And none of them discuss the normal, everyday presence of giant lizards. Remember, the Egyptians, dating back 5000 years to the early dynastic period, kept records of everything including the depth of the Nile at different times of the year. But no discussions of the many different dino species roaming the land.[2]

Some dinosaurs were as big as houses; some, like T-rex, were hecka carnivorous and dangerous.  You would think that it would be hard to not notice them. Yet, no accounts mention of anything like a T-rex or any other giant scary reptiles living among the people of China, India, Egypt, Mexico or any other ancient civilization that documented everything. Their ancient texts should be full of stories about them. There should be realistic images of dinosaurs decorating the 4000 year old tombs of the pharaohs, just like there are recognizable owls, dogs and cats. There should be cave paintings, carving, artwork and all kinds of evidence of this all over the world.

Not just a handful of pretty rocks being sold to tourists in Peru. One guy who supposedly found carved rocks admitted that he made more money selling them than he did farming. When he was charged with illegally selling artifacts, he confessed that he had made the rocks, not found them. It is far more likely that the carved rocks were faked to make money than represent a real challenge to the fields of modern geology and paleontology.

Scientists have discovered thousands of different species of dinosaurs with fossil evidence representing each of them. None of these fossils has ever been found in a geological layer with human remains, or even with modern mammal remains. No dino fossils next to fossils of dogs, cats, cows, horses. There was clearly an "era of the dinosaurs" when there weren't any large mammals yet, according to the fossils and geological layers.

With this overwhelming evidence to challenge, you have to produce something pretty darn significant, like a cache of dinosaur fossils on top of fossilized humans. Not a carved rock.

1. Are Godzilla movies, made back in the 1960's, good evidence that humans lived with dinosaurs in the 1960's? If you can figure out how to reject the Godzilla movies as evidence, you can then reject the Ica stones for similar reasons.
 2. No discussions of how they were decimated by godly plagues until they freed the Jews.  &) No accounts of how they were wiped out by a global flood, either, but that's a different thread.....