Author Topic: Fred Phelps of Westboro dying  (Read 156 times)

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
Fred Phelps of Westboro dying
« on: March 16, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »
Yes, apparently it is so, according to Huffington Post

The odd thing is that the article mentions that he was ex-communicated from the Westboro Baptist Church last year, yet he is the founder. How odd is that?

Guesses how long the church will last now?
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +729/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro dying
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »
Yes, apparently it is so, according to Huffington Post

The odd thing is that the article mentions that he was ex-communicated from the Westboro Baptist Church last year, yet he is the founder. How odd is that?

We will, of course, have to picker his funeral, because he is dying due to his hatred of gays. And we will have to protest that by the millions.

And I doubt this is the end of his church. Stupidity is too contagious in closed spaces. Including brains.

But it couldn't happen to a non-nicer guy.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +72/-1
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 07:47:25 PM »

For at least as long as Shirley is able to continue running it, which it appears she's been doing for quite some time. After that it depends on whether there's another successor ready to keep it going.

Duplicate thread, by the way. http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,26508.0/topicseen.html

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +30/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 07:54:57 PM »
^Thanks. I was just going to mention the duplicate post.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips