Author Topic: Prove there is no Santa Claus - a challenge  (Read 1148 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
  • I shall smite thee, in HIS honor
Prove there is no Santa Claus - a challenge
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:17:06 AM »
(Just in case, Skep, you never realised after 27 pages, just how ridiculous your 'argument' sounded.)

If this can't be done, then a-Santa Clausism is a belief.

A lot of a-Santa Clausists falsely think that a-Santa Clausism just means "without belief" but it actually means, "No Santa." A-Santa Clausism is a positive claim that Santa does not exist. Agnosticism is the view where they don't have an opinion either way.

Sure, some a-Santa Clausists like to say, "A-Santa Clausism just means that we lack belief in Santa" but this is an attempt by modern a-Santa Clausists to redefine the word. The word NEVER meant that. The word always meant "No Santa."

I even heard some of them say, "A-Santa Clausism means that we don't think there is enough evidence for Santa." But, this backfires too because there ARE Santa Clausists out there who agree with this statement, but believe in Santa anyway. So, this definition gets thrown out the window too.

The proper meaning of "lacking belief in Santa" means that you believe Santa is there, but you don't believe in Him. Sort of like having a friend who betrays your trust and you lose your faith in him. The friend still exists, but you lose your belief in your friend. So, this is why "lacking belief" backfires and actually means you DO think Santa is real, you just lost faith in Him.

So, that leaves a-Santa Clausism as meaning "No Santa" which is a positive claim. So, any a-Santa Clausists out there want to defend their positive claim of "No Santa?"
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

You keep using that word. I do not think it means

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Prove there is no Santa Claus - a challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:24:27 AM »
You a-Santa Clausists are heretics! If there's no Santa, who distributes presents during Christmas according to one's wealth? Checkmate, a-Santa Clausists!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »
Easy, santa is not in the bible!
HAH! Now what MR atheist pants!

*/satire*
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Online Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +209/-4
  • I did haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 08:37:15 AM »
So, that leaves a-Santa Clausism as meaning "No Santa" which is a positive claim. So, any a-Santa Clausists out there want to defend their positive claim of "No Santa?"

Option A:

I think a-Santaism should be redefined as a way to jam up the thread topic, and then I should troll you on irrelevant points, involving cake decoration and saints.

Option B:

I think you can't prove that Santa doesn't exist in THIS reality, because Santa is only conscious when you are conscious, or are looking at him, like the angels in Doctor Who.

Option C:

That's ridiculous, Santa only exists because Christianity exists, and you are admitting that Jesus really existed. As an atheist, it's funny how you keep admitting that Jesus existed. LOL

I strive for clarity, but aim for confusion.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Graduate
  • Darwins +52/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »
My goodness, I just can't believe some of the arguments these a-santaists put forward! I had one today say that because he thinks it's parents that put the presents out on Christmas Eve that proves Santa doesn't exist! Does he not realise that Santa works through people?

On a more serious note, I work in Scandinavia. These heretics open their presents on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day, do they not realise they're following the wrong Santa? I know for certain our Santa is the real one because my mum and dad told me about him when I was little. It's only because I love these wrong Santaists that I hate them and want to burn them.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Graduate
  • Darwins +52/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 09:57:45 AM »
And before someone tries to say that Santa is supposed to bring every present himself, please remember that you're wrong. Some parts of Santa's works are meant to be taken symbolically. The people who think Santa actually delivers every present are not True Santaists. Although Santa does deliver some of the presents.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +193/-15
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »
Holy smokes, I laughed so hard reading this I nearly fell off the chair! WOW. This is funny.

Ok, seriously now, for all you infidel aSanta-Clausists out there I think you are just absurd. See, here are my rebuttals...and the burden of proof must be on you b/c you know your position is a positive claim that no Santa exists!

-You say parents bring the presents? Yeah right! Santa works in mysterious ways and sometimes uses people to deliver presents! Plus, lots of parents already said they don't have the money to buy presents! How can you explain that!! They had no money and the presents still showed up!! Pschhhhhh...What about the half eaten cookies and the empty glass of milk!! Bahahahaha! You aSantaists are nuts! It's so obvious! There's no other explanation!

-You say children's wish lists are read by parents so they must have done it? HA! Are you crazy?? Santa hears everyone's wishlist! He's magical! Haven't you heard the old song we sing?? "He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows when you've been bad or good. So be good for goodness sake!" Santa can hear and receive ALL children's wishes! The combination of the sound on the roof, the presents, the cookies, the milk, the fire being out, and the boot-prints next to the mantle just can't be explained any other way!! You just don't want to be good for goodness sake, do you? Santa cannot not exist!!!

-You say Santa can't be seen?? Are you blind?? Santa comes to mall every year!! Just b/c you guys run into cheap impostors each time doesn't mean the REAL Santa isn't there! Lots of kids KNOW Santa is there b/c they experience him! How can you deny their experience??? How dare you!

There is no doubt, Santa is real. If you goons think otherwise then the burden of proof is on you!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »
When the little child sat on Pseudo-Santa's lap and Pseudo-Santa came in his pants, it was because the real Santa hardened his heart . . . and his cock.

Pseudo-Santa was being a complete pervert. The real Santa was just being mysterious. Therefore, one can logically deduce that the blame most certainly belongs to Pseudo-Santa.
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »
I know a guy who knew someone who's grandma got run over by a reindeer walking home from his house on christmas eve.

You doubters are so frickin' selfish. You just want iPods for christmas, instead of the coal you deserve. I hope you rot in Equatorial Guinea.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 11:15:13 AM »
I know a guy who knew someone who's grandma got run over by a reindeer walking home from his house on christmas eve.

You doubters are so frickin' selfish. You just want iPods for christmas, instead of the coal you deserve. I hope you rot in Equatorial Guinea.

Doubters just hate Santa because He brings them what they deserve, rather than what they want.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
I've never heard of this Santa Claus fellow until today.  So, you're telling me I'll get a bunch of presents and gifts (my desires) once a year in this life! Wow - Count me in on this.

Wait a minute... So you're telling me there's another dude to give me presents and gifts even in the afterlife too!? This just keeps getting better and better!

Ok, Ok... So is there another dude to give me the same things even before I'm born?  What'ya mean there's no guy for that!?  Well there should be and if you think it just wouldn't make sense you just have to have faith! ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:32:59 AM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 11:31:45 AM »

Funny link to a similar position and rebuttal of 'The physics of Santa Claus'.

http://www.daclarke.org/Humour/santa.html
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »

Doubters just hate Santa because He brings them what they deserve, rather than what they want.

Right. Because non-belief is never a possible option. Duh!

Santa exists. Flying reindeer exist. Non-belief doesn't. Them a-Santaists try to pass their hate as "non-belief". If I even entertain the possibility of non-belief, my faith might fall like a house of cards, so I actually partake in non-belief of "non-belief".
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
I've never heard of this Santa Claus fellow until today.  So, you're telling me I'll get a bunch of presents and gifts (my desires) once a year in this life! Wow - Count me in on this.

Wait a minute... So you're telling me there's another dude to give me presents and gifts even in the afterlife too!? This just keeps getting better and better!

Wait'll you hear about the bunny. And the zombie children in late October. Life just keeps getting better and better!

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 01:29:24 PM »
Heck, hang on folks! Santa is in the bible but the crafty translators didn't want anyone to know so they changed the spelling to

SATAN

They gave him some bad things to do in the stories so no one would know that Santa is in the bible as they don want anyone believing in Santa - they'd rather people believed in  YHWH  or something but who delivers at Xmas? Not YHWH! It's Santa! Santa clearly exists and anyone who doesn't believe is a heretic!
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:01 PM »
WOW! What a response. Some of these posts are so funny, and yet show the absolute ridiculousness of the so-called 'challenge' issued by Skep.

Skep, if you're reading, I would very much like to know how you would prove to me that not believing in Santa Claus is in fact, a belief. Play nice now, we atheists took you on for 27 pages, an answer to MY challenge seems only fair.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 05:59:49 PM »
WOW! What a response. Some of these posts are so funny, and yet show the absolute ridiculousness of the so-called 'challenge' issued by Skep.

Skep, if you're reading, I would very much like to know how you would prove to me that not believing in Santa Claus is in fact, a belief. Play nice now, we atheists took you on for 27 pages, an answer to MY challenge seems only fair.

skeptic54768 is now in full-moderation. He cannot post without admin approval.
We choose our own gods.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »

skeptic54768 is now in full-moderation. He cannot post without admin approval.

Bummed. There's no way he'll be answering my challenge now.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +99/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 08:31:31 PM »
You a-Santa Clausists are heretics! If there's no Santa, who distributes presents during Christmas according to one's wealth? Checkmate, a-Santa Clausists!
Much like God,but not Jesus,Santa only comes around to help rich and middle class white folks the most,not that Santa and God are not interested in the poor folk,it is just that they don't help them as much as they should.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 01:39:51 AM »
(Just in case, Skep, you never realised after 27 pages, just how ridiculous your 'argument' sounded.)

A lot of a-Santa Clausists falsely think that a-Santa Clausism just means "without belief" but it actually means, "No Santa." A-Santa Clausism is a positive claim that Santa does not exist. Agnosticism is the view where they don't have an opinion either way.

Sure, some a-Santa Clausists like to say, "A-Santa Clausism just means that we lack belief in Santa" but this is an attempt by modern a-Santa Clausists to redefine the word. The word NEVER meant that. The word always meant "No Santa."

I even heard some of them say, "A-Santa Clausism means that we don't think there is enough evidence for Santa." But, this backfires too because there ARE Santa Clausists out there who agree with this statement, but believe in Santa anyway. So, this definition gets thrown out the window too.

The proper meaning of "lacking belief in Santa" means that you believe Santa is there, but you don't believe in Him. Sort of like having a friend who betrays your trust and you lose your faith in him. The friend still exists, but you lose your belief in your friend. So, this is why "lacking belief" backfires and actually means you DO think Santa is real, you just lost faith in Him.

While I certainly see what you are trying to do, it is not the same thing as belief in God.

You may be right that there is no definitive way to 100% prove that Santa doesn't exist, but this means that you believe Santa is not real. You probably believe a lot of things are not real. That is fine.

I just find it shocking and odd that the atheists don't just call it a belief. There's always all these word games and semantics to get out of saying that it is a belief.

Try to see it from the theistic point of view for a better understanding.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 05:15:49 AM »
Santa only helps those who help themselves - buy buying themselves presents each year. People who are unable to/do not buy presents, don't get any.

Talk about your 'mysterious ways'...

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 05:31:23 AM »
Isn't there a prayer of St somebody

Santa, you have no hand but our hands.....

Sorry can't remember any more but someone else might. In any event, the point of the prayer is that to do Santa's work requires humans to actually carry out what needs to be done - i.e. buy, wrap and give presents to family and friends. Santa could, obviously, as he is omnipresent, do this but he prefers us to do bhis work for him as it builds or character and our faith in the great Santa and we will be rewarded, after death, by being allowed to work in his factory at the North Pole.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +472/-17
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »

While I certainly see what you are trying to do, it is not the same thing as belief in God.
Yes it is, it is exactly the same. Invisible man goes around doing good things for humans.

You probably believe a lot of things are not real.
No. I recognise a concept of things that are not real, but I do not believe in things that are not real.

I just find it shocking and odd that the atheists don't just call it a belief.
Then you should stop being shocked and think why it is.
There's always all these word games and semantics to get out of saying that it is a belief.
The difference is that our semantics are correct, yours must be faulty. We have seen your vague use of words.

Here is the perfect response to your laughable suggestion:

“Wandering in a vast forest at night, I have only a faint light to guide me. A stranger appears and says to me: 'My friend, you should blow out your candle in order to find your way more clearly.' This stranger is a theologian.”
-- Diderot, c1762

You are advocating superstition and ignorance over what we know.

Why would you do that?
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +193/-15
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »

You may be right that there is no definitive way to 100% prove that Santa doesn't exist, but this means that you believe Santa is not real. You probably believe a lot of things are not real. That is fine.

I just find it shocking and odd that the atheists don't just call it a belief. There's always all these word games and semantics to get out of saying that it is a belief.

No, seeing it from a theistic POV is NOT better. It is worse b/c you have an assumed theology that you are attempting to force everyone else into. We simply LACK belief in things like Santa Claus, Unicorns, and Yahweh. But due to the fact that you view these things as inconvenient to your assumed theology/worldview you refuse to accept them. You keep trying to make unbelief (or non-belief) into belief. They are NOT the same and they are mutually exclusive. If YOU just so happen to believe (for example) that there is no Bigfoot, that is on you. But that is NOT non-belief. Many of us here are trying to educate you on the difference. We LACK belief in Bigfoot and that is not a belief! Do you understand this difference? Leaving open the mere logical possibility (regardless of how small) for Bigfoot to be shown, we do not accept the current claims. Again, this is not the same as having a belief in the non-existence of something!!! We withhold judgement (i.e. - lack belief) until further evidence comes in which may or may not change perception. That is the intellectually honest position. You don't know if there is no Bigfoot, and you likely don't know if there is one either. The same goes for space aliens. There might be, there might not be, but we lack belief until sufficient demonstrable evidence arrives!

This is what you keep failing to understand, and it is based in your credulity/gullibility. You have this virus in your brain saying, "We MUST have an affirmative answer RIGHT NOW!! You must choose!!!" But we don't have to choose (and belief is not a choice anyways). This is a completely false assumption. You do not need to make a determination right now, but for some irrational reason you choose to assume that you do. And hence, you have found yourself in this mess of believing (at the outset) the words of old credulous and fearful men - heavily filtering everything through your assumed theology. That is confirmation bias and it fails b/c it is unreliable for separating fact from fiction. It fails for every other religions assumptions including yours.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:44:37 PM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »

No, seeing it from a theistic POV is NOT better. It is worse b/c you have an assumed theology that you are attempting to force everyone else into. We simply LACK belief in things like Santa Claus, Unicorns, and Yahweh. But due to the fact that you view these things as inconvenient to your assumed theology/worldview you refuse to accept them. You keep trying to make unbelief (or non-belief) into belief. They are NOT the same and they are mutually exclusive. If YOU just so happen to believe (for example) that there is no Bigfoot, that is on you. But that is NOT non-belief. Many of us here are trying to educate you on the difference. We LACK belief in Bigfoot and that is not a belief! Do you understand this difference? Leaving open the mere logical possibility (regardless of how small) for Bigfoot to be shown, we do not accept the current claims. Again, this is not the same as having a belief in the non-existence of something!!! We withhold judgement (i.e. - lack belief) until further evidence comes in which may or may not change perception. That is the intellectually honest position. You don't know if there is no Bigfoot, and you likely don't know if there is one either. The same goes for space aliens. There might be, there might not be, but we lack belief until sufficient demonstrable evidence arrives!

This is what you keep failing to understand, and it is based in your credulity/gullibility. You have this virus in your brain saying, "We MUST have an affirmative answer RIGHT NOW!! You must choose!!!" But we don't have to choose (and belief is not a choice anyways). This is a completely false assumption. You do not need to make a determination right now, but for some irrational reason you choose to assume that you do. And hence, you have found yourself in this mess of believing (at the outset) the words of old credulous and fearful men - heavily filtering everything through your assumed theology. That is confirmation bias and it fails b/c it is unreliable for separating fact from fiction. It fails for every other religions assumptions including yours.

So let me see if I have this correctly. You hold the possibility that there could be a God, but you don't believe there is a God? You are not saying God isn't real?

But, this opens the door to asking, "Why don't atheists pray?" If God could be real according to you, then why not pray? If you refuse to pray, then you are admitting that you believe there is no God.

Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline blue

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • Not cool, Zeus.
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 05:41:28 PM »
I had a book given to me showing the 5 proofs of Santa, based off the old ontological and teleological proofs for god. Can't find it right now, but this site had a pretty good write up of them that I posted below. Link

The Santalogical Argument

Santa Claus is by definition the greatest gift giver conceivable.
An actual gift giver is by definition greater than an imaginary gift giver.
If an actual gift giver is greater than an imaginary one, then the greatest gift giver must be an actual one and not imaginary.
But (per premise 1) no gift giver can be conceptually greater than Santa Claus.
Therefore, Santa Claus exists.

The Christmasological Argument
Either the universe had a beginning or has always existed.
Both science and logic entail the universe had a beginning.
Therefore the universe had a beginning.
Everything that has a beginning has a cause.
Therefore the universe had a cause.
Every cause must be either personal or mechanical.
But every mechanical cause is by definition a part of the universe, and therefore no mechanical cause can have preceded the universe to cause it.
Therefore the universe must have had a personal cause.
Creating the universe is the greatest gift conceivable.
The greatest gift conceivable can only have been given by the greatest gift giver conceivable.
Santa Claus is by definition the greatest gift giver conceivable.
Therefore, Santa Claus caused the universe to exist.
Therefore, Santa Claus exists.

The Fine Gifting Argument
The laws and constants of the universe are finely tuned to require the installation of vents, chimneys, and shafts in all households in which people live (due to the laws of thermodynamics and chemical respiration).
It is extraordinarily improbable that those laws and constants would be arranged in precisely the way that would require exactly what Santa Claus needs to enter our homes and deliver His gifts or coals.
It is very probable that if Santa Claus arranged the laws and constants of the universe that He would arrange them in exactly that way, which (lo and behold) is the way they actually are.
Therefore it is far more probable that Santa Claus arranged the laws and constants of the universe than that random chance did.
Therefore it is far more probable that Santa Claus exists.
Therefore Santa Claus exists.

Argument from Christmas Miracles
Miraculous events have been documented to occur at and around Christmas (by multiple eyewitnesses and even mechanical recording devices that never lie, like TV cameras).
It is extraordinarily improbable that those miracles occur just by chance.
It is very probable that they would occur if Santa Claus caused them.
Therefore it is far more probable that Santa Claus caused them than that random chance did.
Therefore it is very probable that Santa Claus exists.
Therefore Santa Claus exists.
There’s no difference between a bunch of theologians sitting around debating scripture than a bunch of D&D nerds sitting around debating which version of the Player’s Handbook to use.

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +17/-0
  • The messiah of mental freedom
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
Santa exists but he works through mysterious ways.

One time I asked for a bike and I got a skate.
Religion: The belief that an all powerful God or gods created the entire universe so that we tiny humans can be happy. And we also make war about it.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 10:00:56 PM »
So let me see if I have this correctly. You hold the possibility that there could be a God, but you don't believe there is a God? You are not saying God isn't real?

But, this opens the door to asking, "Why don't atheists pray?" If God could be real according to you, then why not pray? If you refuse to pray, then you are admitting that you believe there is no God.

No, you don't have it straight. You keep insisting that your interpretation of no belief must be correct, and apparently that causes you to ignore everything we say.

By holding that a god might be possible, we are avoiding the error of thinking we know everything. We leave open the possibility of being wrong. Which is much better than your approach, which is insisting that you know what is true even though you haven't got the slightest idea whether you are right or not.  Well, you think you know you are right, but that part is made up and you don't know it.

I'd say more, but I've already given you a whole bunch to grievously misinterpret, so I'm guessing that you are already satisfied already. No need to give you too much of a good thing.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-11
  • Gods become obsolete all the time.
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 10:31:56 PM »

When atheists say that it is not impossible that there is a god they mean that an unknown god might not have made itself known yet. Atheists have already eliminated the possibility that Yahweh or any other god, claimed by people, is real.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V