Author Topic: Found something terrifying on my way to pick up my brother-in-law  (Read 335 times)

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
http://www.christiansciencewhidbey.com/

So close to home, I live in Oak Harbor and that was near Langley. I also passed a Unitarian and Evangelical church on my way.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Found something terrifying on my way to pick up my brother-in-law
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:09:48 AM »
They smell kind of fishy. If you have to wonder if they are actually Christians, then they most likely are not Christians. Hesitation is a big key.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:32:35 AM »
Absolutely Skep. I can never understand why some Christians don't follow the one True Bible with its One True Interpretation.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:12:06 AM »
They smell kind of fishy. If you have to wonder if they are actually Christians, then they most likely are not Christians. Hesitation is a big key.

Anyone who says they are a Christian, are Christians, until you can show me a Christian test-o-meter that says otherwise.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +791/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 03:33:30 AM »

I do love how your one true god could just barely manage to foster 38,000 different versions of his religion. Not counting the loners, of course

On the bright side, we atheists know how to tell who the true christians are. They are the ones who are wrong about everything.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 08:00:47 AM »

So close to home, I live in Oak Harbor and that was near Langley. I also passed a Unitarian and Evangelical church on my way.
Terrifying? Just because these people suffer from a very common form of delusion is generally not too terrifying. Until they get together in great numbers...like at an election
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »

I do love how your one true god could just barely manage to foster 38,000 different versions of his religion. Not counting the loners, of course

On the bright side, we atheists know how to tell who the true christians are. They are the ones who are wrong about everything.

God did not make 38,000 denominations. Man did that by perverting his Holy Word through his own Free Will.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 11:21:48 AM »

Some dude's house isn't terrifying. I posted a topic where a church service is held at a bar and they give free alcohol to those that attend: that's terrifying: drunk Christians.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +543/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
God did not make 38,000 denominations. Man did that by perverting his Holy Word through his own Free Will.
As you know what God meant in all circumstances, you need to start a religion. There's tons of money in it, TV appearances, book deals, and perhaps political influence.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline edd

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »

What one of the 38,000 do you belong too, and really a sin sear question, how do you know yours is right? 

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »
What one of the 38,000 do you belong too, and really a sin sear question, how do you know yours is right?

I don't belong to any denomination. I just follow Jesus' words.
What denomination did Jesus' disciples belong to?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »

The "Jesus is Imaginary" one? That's the one you belong to, right?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 03:48:34 PM »

And don't forget to stay away from the demons, and you'll do just fine skep.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +585/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
Yeah, you do.  A denomination of one.

Quote from: skeptic54768
The denomination of "Jesus's disciples", of course.  I wouldn't be surprised to find that they started forming their own denominations afterward, though.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »

Jesus and his disciples were part of Judaism not Christianity.

Shep, I am amazed that you think Christianity can possibly be genuine, when you think that almost every Christian who has ever lived is led astray by a demon. It doesn't sound like a genuine religion at all. If anything it sounds like it was set up by demons from the start.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:05:25 PM by Foxy Freedom »
The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +53/-443
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 12:56:15 AM »

Shep, I am amazed that you think Christianity can possibly be genuine, when you think that almost every Christian who has ever lived is led astray by a demon. It doesn't sound like a genuine religion at all. If anything it sounds like it was set up by demons from the start.

I don't see why you think that. Bible says that the gate to the Lord is very narrow.

Why would you think that basically anyone can get in?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 11:17:32 AM »

I don't see why you think that. Bible says that the gate to the Lord is very narrow.

Why would you think that basically anyone can get in?

Matthew 7:14: "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.". Funny, you equate "life" and "heaven" as synonyms. Since the "Lord" is in heaven--oh, wait! it's everywhere--my bad.

-Nam
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:19:51 AM by Nam »

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
If you have to wonder if they are actually Christians, then they most likely are not Christians.

Trouble is, all the different people who call themselves "Christians" have conflicting ideas on what a "Christian" actually is.  From the outside, I have no reliable means of determining which are correct.

YOU say "I just follow Jesus' words" - does that mean YOU are a Christian?  Why should I accept your definition over that of anyone who disagrees with you?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?