Author Topic: Video: Legitimate Miracle  (Read 635 times)

Offline BornAgainAtheist

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • Spell Check
My hair is a bird.  Your argument is invalid.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Re: Video: Legitimate Miracle
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »
Not going to link to that without a brief synopsis.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:42:58 PM »
OMG!  It truly is a miracle.  Good.  Now God Almighty can get busy regrowing limbs, now that he's healed this poor uneven woman.  My Lord, he even played with the woman's leg lengths.  If He has time to putz around with this, He surely can do so many good things that the world needs.  Glory glory.

Offline BornAgainAtheist

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • Spell Check
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 01:04:24 AM »
Seems legit.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +80/-1
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 02:20:26 AM »

A five minute video about a pastor performing the "leg growing trick".   ... that's about it.

Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 02:10:36 PM »

A five minute video about a pastor performing the "leg growing trick".   ... that's about it.

Yeah, what's next pastor, you showing you can separate and reattach the last joint of your thumb with the forefinger of the opposite hand?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +438/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 02:13:08 PM »
Yeah, what's next pastor, you showing you can separate and reattach the last joint of your thumb with the forefinger of the opposite hand?

Quote from: Rowan Atkinson
And on the third day, there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee. And it came to pass that all the wine was drunk. And the mother of the bride came to Jesus and said unto the Lord, they have no more wine. And Jesus said unto the servants: "Fill six waterpots with water." And they did so. And when the steward of the feast did taste from the water of the pots, it had become wine. And they knew not whence it had come.
But the servants did know, so they applauded loudly in the kitchen. And they said unto the Lord: "How the hell did you do that?" And inquired of him: "Do you do children's parties" And the Lord said:"No." But the servants did press him, saying; "Go on, give us another one!"
And so he brought forth a carrot, and said: "Behold this, for it is a carrot." And all about him knew that it was so. For it was orange, with a green top. And he did place a large red cloth over the carrot, and then removed it, and lo, he held in his hand a white rabbit. And all were amazed, and said: "This guy is really good! He should turn professional."
And they brought him on a stretcher a man who was sick of the palsy. And they cried unto him: "Maestro, this man is sick of the palsy." And the Lord said: "If I had to spend my whole life on a stretcher, I'd be pretty sick of the palsy, too!" And they were filled with joy. And cried out: "Lord, thy one-liners are as good as thy tricks. Thou art indeed an all-round family entertainer."
And there came unto him a woman called Mary, who had seen the Lord and believed, and Jesus said unto her:"Put on a tutu, and lie down in this box." And then took he forth a saw, and cleft her in twain. And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. But Jesus said: "Oh ye of little faith!" And he threw open the box and lo, Mary was whole. And the crowd went absolutely bananas. And Jesus and Mary took a big bow. And he said unto her: "From now on you shall be known as Trixy, for that is a good name for an assistant."
And the people said unto him: "We've never seen anything like this. You shouldn't be wasting your time in a one camel town like Cana. You should beplaying in the big arenas in Jerusalem!" And Jesus did harken to their words. And he did go on to Jerusalem, and he did his full act before the scribes, the Palestines and the Romans.
But alas it did not please them in their hearts. In fact, they crucified him.
Here endeth the lesson. Amen.

Wish I could find a video of just that clip.

Edit: found!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:19:46 PM by jdawg70 »
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 03:41:56 AM »
Ah such a classic sketch
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline BornAgainAtheist

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • Spell Check
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »
mrbiscoop, the brief synopsis is in the title.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »
Wow!

Im sure you guys basically know this, but wanted to give my opinion.

I have legs of different length... maybe like 1/2 inch difference so that my left leg is SIGNIFICANTLY larger and more muscled than my right.  NO ONE of any medical experience would ever judge leg length in a seated position - its entirely too easy to present inaccurate leg lengths even accidentally.  The only way you measure leg length is have the person lie flat.  The clinician needs to lift the clients legs with the client completely relaxing the leg muscles, and lower them - then measure from hip bone to the sole of the foot.

Or, they could just eyeball it with jeans and boots on.... that could work.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +355/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 09:56:55 PM »
I know what you mean, man. I have one nipple slightly bigger than my eyeball. It's weird...so weird.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »
Yea my left arm is much bigger than my right.  :D
"A dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way." -Jules Winnfield

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »
Yea my left arm is much bigger than my right.  :D

While I get what you are going for, It is sometimes annoying how much larger everything on my left side is. My Hand, my foot, my testicle, my nostril, my arm, and my leg...all noticebly larger. But not my eye.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +56/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »
The hair on top of my head is significantly shorter than hair on the side/back of my head. 

Praise the Lord and pass the Rogaine.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz