Author Topic: thank you [#2797]  (Read 608 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
thank you [#2797]
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:39:08 AM »
I first visited your sites whywontgodhealamputees.com and godisimaginary.com in December of 2006. At the time, I was a 20-year-old evangelical Christian. The airtight logic and very clearly-written content of your sites got me asking myself questions that I had previously lacked the courage to ask. I began considering myself an atheist very shortly thereafter and, over seven years later, I've never looked back. I've spent the last hour or two rereading some of your site, and, honestly, am feeling a bit nostalgic. I'd like to express the deepest of gratitude. I've poked around a bit on the site, but still can't figure out who you are. Perhaps you'd like to remain anonymous, but I want you to know that you changed my life.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Re: thank you [#2797]
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 06:51:25 AM »
I first visited your sites whywontgodhealamputees.com and godisimaginary.com in December of 2006. At the time, I was a 20-year-old evangelical Christian. The airtight logic and very clearly-written content of your sites got me asking myself questions that I had previously lacked the courage to ask. I began considering myself an atheist very shortly thereafter and, over seven years later, I've never looked back. I've spent the last hour or two rereading some of your site, and, honestly, am feeling a bit nostalgic. I'd like to express the deepest of gratitude. I've poked around a bit on the site, but still can't figure out who you are. Perhaps you'd like to remain anonymous, but I want you to know that you changed my life.

Then why not come to the forum and share the details of your deconversion, or to just chat with everyone?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:59:54 AM »
Congratulations!

Never having been a theist myself I find it hard to imagine what it must be like to have your delusions shattered but it must be traumatic.

Join the forum and the fun.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:32:53 AM »
Marshall Brain is the voice in your head.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 12:28:21 PM »
The thing to remember, as I have learned,  is the realization that, although no gods have ever existed, in no way does it diminish the importance of love - in humanity caring about life.
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 12:30:51 PM »

;)

-Nam

What a relief. I was worried that you were the voice in my head! 
;)

To the OP: congratulations. Yes, please join us and share your deconversion in more detail.

The thing to remember, as I have learned,  is the realization that, although no gods have ever existed, in no way does it diminish the importance of love - in humanity caring about life.

That's been my experience as an ex-Christian as well.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »

;)

-Nam

What a relief. I was worried that you were the voice in my head!

Marshall Brain is the voice in their head, I am the voice in your head.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 03:37:57 AM »

;)

-Nam
One time in Science class we were watching a "How Tornadoes Work" video, and Marshall did the voiceover, and I sort of fangirled for a moment, and then I had to explain to the whole class that no, I don't have a crush on the creepy strange man in the tornado video and I prefer men of my own age thank you very much.
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 11:44:16 AM »
I've never heard his voice, never watched the videos, never read his books.

-Nam