Author Topic: Katy Perry the blasphemer!  (Read 428 times)

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +84/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
Katy Perry the blasphemer!
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:35:07 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26359917

WTF is wrong with these people? No belief is granted respect by default and no belief should be immune from mockery. Such over sensitivity over a picky observation drives me crackers. Get over yourself and tell your god to do the same - you're fucking pathetic.

Katy Perry has not blasphemed because she doesn't believe in this brand of shit (although she does believe an alternative). An opposing petition should be started to counter this bollocks and to show how many people think these precious whimperers should get a grip and get over themselves.
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Katy Perry the blasphemer!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:52:48 AM »
He says at 1:15 in the video there's a pendant with Allah written, I just watch it once, the whole video: I didn't see Islam anywhere in it, and at exactly 1:15 is showing Perry's face when she's singing. Right after that is a pile of sand with something in it, a pendant with a jewel...I didn't see no "Allah" symbol.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:11:29 AM »
To really feel the crazy, check out this link.  But don't say I didn't warn you.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/katy-perrys-dark-horse-one-big-children-friendly-tribute-illuminati/

You may wish to wear earplugs to stop your brain trying to escape the stupid.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:48:51 AM »
To really feel the crazy, check out this link.  But don't say I didn't warn you.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/katy-perrys-dark-horse-one-big-children-friendly-tribute-illuminati/

You may wish to wear earplugs to stop your brain trying to escape the stupid.

Skeptic wrote that?

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:59:12 AM »
"In conclusion:"  The writer is...not terribly bright and is spending way too much time deconstructing a music video made for entertainment.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »
You know who these particular Muslims remind me of? Gangbangers in the US. You even say, look, or what not toward them, or they perceive you're doing that whether you are not, they take the whole situation and make it violent or make it to where it would lead to violence all because they feel disrespected.

I always thought Christians were the most sensitive of people but I'm thinking Muslims of today hold that trophy.

-Nam

Online kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +429/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 10:33:42 AM »
This is the same song that drove the Christian fundies bugnutty when she performed it at the Grammys using a Goth theme instead of pseudo-Egyptian:

So now everybody in the music industry knows: poke the religious nutters in some incredibly minor way (from the perspective of anyone outside their bubbles of delusion) and get lots of free media attention plus hits on your YouTube videos.  It's an Illuminati plot, I tell ya!

Also: I wonder if the Christian fundies feel any cognitive dissonance when they find themselves alongside the Muslim fundies complaining about her videos...
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
All religious people are fragile when it comes to their beliefs.  But I've noticed muslims are the most fragile of them all.  They seem to think they have some right to not be offended.  And they seem to be eager to be offended. As a result they are constantly going to pieces over the dumbest things.  It is a wonder to me their religion has survived this long.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 11:01:28 AM »
All religious people are fragile when it comes to their beliefs.  But I've noticed muslims are the most fragile of them all.  They seem to think they have some right to not be offended.  And they seem to be eager to be offended. As a result they are constantly going to pieces over the dumbest things.  It is a wonder to me their religion has survived this long.

Except SOGGY, he beats them hands down.

;)

-Nam

Online kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +429/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 10:14:06 PM »

I hypothesize that fundamentalist Islam's "ease of offense" is one of its main survival strategies.  If you get enough fundies in some area, and they all go HULK SMAAASH! every time they encounter something that's not-them, then they will tend to stamp out ideas, cultures, etc. that compete with Islam.  Same with Christianity, whenever it has enough political power.  It's worked pretty well so far.  Maybe an era of easy global communication will overload the impulse and make it self-destruct.  We'll see...
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline Brad the Bold

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +17/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »

And by "constantly going to pieces..." you mean committing or threatening murder on the source of offense, or the nearest proxy available.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 09:52:21 AM »
I hypothesize that fundamentalist Islam's "ease of offense" is one of its main survival strategies.  If you get enough fundies in some area, and they all go HULK SMAAASH! every time they encounter something that's not-them, then they will tend to stamp out ideas, cultures, etc. that compete with Islam.  Same with Christianity, whenever it has enough political power.  It's worked pretty well so far.  Maybe an era of easy global communication will overload the impulse and make it self-destruct.  We'll see...
It may not make it self-destruct, but it should make it much more noticeable, same as how it's eroding censorship and making atrocities much more noticeable.