Author Topic: Arizona yet again.  (Read 229 times)

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Arizona yet again.
« on: February 25, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »
I lived for 15 years in Tucson and just don't remember it being this fucked up. The Phoenix area was always thought to be crazier than Tucson.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/arizona-bill-controversy/brewer-likely-veto-anti-gay-measure-n38186
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Arizona yet again.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:10:23 PM »
If she doesn't veto it Republicans will lose Arizona. Arizona isn't like southern red states or backwater Kansas, Oklahoma, and Utah. In my opinion, at least.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +55/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
There seems to be a schitzophrenia gripping republican politics latelay.  They propose bills, then lobby against them.  The put forward judicial nominees, then filibuster against their appointment.  They claim the stimulous is ruining economy, then proudly accept stimulous funds for projects in their states/districts. 

I don't get it. 
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 02:02:50 PM »
There seems to be a schitzophrenia gripping republican politics latelay.  They propose bills, then lobby against them.  The put forward judicial nominees, then filibuster against their appointment.  They claim the stimulous is ruining economy, then proudly accept stimulous funds for projects in their states/districts. 

I don't get it.

They drive to appeal to their core...then reality sets in. It has existed in party politics from the beginning of party politics. However, as of late it has reached such bizzarre proportions to eclipse everything before.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline IAmFirst

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 01:53:43 AM »
When will the GOP learn? It's basically saying, "I don't like certain people, I don't like equality or special treatment for people who aren't like me. So I want to discriminate legally, and I'll do it behind a religious curtain. If they don't let me, it's a direct attack on religion", or something like that.

Message to GOP: You're not making the GOP look better, you're only making your religion look even worse!
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D