Author Topic: Uganda  (Read 366 times)

Offline shnozzola

Uganda
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
Ugandan President Yoweri Musaveni signed a controversial bill Monday that makes gay........sex punishable by terms of up to life in prison, and accused Western groups of "coming into our schools and recruiting young children into homosexuality and lesbianism."
(had to separate those 2 god awful words that atheists and theists must not use in debates at WWGHA)

Africa, please!  Why must people continue to live up to sad world expectations?    The debate becomes whether L-G-B-T folks in Uganda should be able to seek asylum in the U.S.  It hurts to see young African children cheering such backward thinking.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/02/24/282115673/ugandan-president-signs-anti-gay-measure-into-law
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:33:30 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Uganda
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:34:09 PM »
Yeah, because homosexuality originated in the United States; didn't exist anywhere else in the world until we came along.

These people are morons and bigots.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +45/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »
Isn't this a step in the right direction? I thought they were just killing LGBTs over there?

"The move was framed here as a rebuff to the West, seen as less influential as Uganda discovers oil wealth and increases its trade with China. But the bill was written after a conference in Uganda organized by some American evangelicals who argued that homosexuality was the greatest threat to the cohesion of the African family."

Why do we let Evangelicals travel abroad?

He also rejected EU threats to cut off aid, saying his country "is very rich, we do not need the aid."
On the bright side I think we found something in our budget to cut. Perhaps that money can be better spent saving LGBTs in Uganda by relocating them elsewhere. Once all the LGBTs are gone they will find someone else to hate and the American Evangelicals can go down there again and point em out.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »
A rebuff to the west?  Bullshit!

This legislation is a direct result of the influence of US evangelicals in Uganda.

Ugandan group sues anti-gay pastor in US

Sexual Minorities Uganda says Scott Lively promoted violence against gay people there, contravening international law
 Share 3

David Smith in Johannesburg

The Guardian, Thursday 15 March 2012 10.19 EDT   

Anti-homophobia protest in Springfield, Mass 14/3/12
Demonstrators carry a mock coffin calling attention to the story of murdered Ugandan gay rights leader David Kato during a protest in Springfield, Massachusetts. Photograph: Don Treeger/AP

A Ugandan gay rights group is suing an American Christian evangelist it accuses of waging a campaign of homophobia in the east African country.

Sexual Minorities Uganda filed the lawsuit against minister Scott Lively on Wednesday in Springfield, Massachusetts, under a statute that the group says allows non-citizens to launch US court actions for violations of international law.

The article continues here: 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/mar/15/uganda-gay-group-sues-us-pastor

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:39:58 AM »
I read this in another article, the president of Uganda compares the choice of homosexuality to the choice of cannibalism:

“Our scientists…argue it (homsexuality) is question of choice," he told CNN. "Then really you have lost argument as far as these Ugandans are concerned. Because you can’t choose to be cannibal for instance. You cannot choose to be a cannibal to say that, to eat my child…Let’s say, my father died last year, so suppose I say I want to eat him. It’s my father, it’s my right. I want to eat him. Society will [not] allow me, will not accept. They will [say] something is wrong with you.”

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Online Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 07:59:55 AM »
Ugandan President Yoweri Musaveni signed a controversial bill Monday that makes gay........sex punishable by terms of up to life in prison, ."

I still cant quite grasp the concept of imprisoning people for having consentual sex, presumably in the privacy of their own bedroom. What does it accomplish? Why the judgement, the punishment?

Idiots. Short-sighted, narcissistic idiots.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 08:39:22 AM »
Ugandan President Yoweri Musaveni signed a controversial bill Monday that makes gay........sex punishable by terms of up to life in prison, ."

I still cant quite grasp the concept of imprisoning people for having consentual sex, presumably in the privacy of their own bedroom. What does it accomplish? Why the judgement, the punishment?

Idiots. Short-sighted, narcissistic idiots.

I think they also misconstrue the act of homosexuality with pedophilia and child-molestation. Of course, I am sure the evangelicals here went there and told them they are synonymous with each other.

I also find most people who advocate against homosexuality (in concern to the male view), are just primarily against man on man rather than female on female.

Of course some of the biggest advocates against homosexuality, at least that I have seen, are closeted homosexuals who are raised in strict religious upbringings.

-Nam

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +413/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
I think they also misconstrue the act of homosexuality with pedophilia and child-molestation. Of course, I am sure the evangelicals here went there and told them they are synonymous with each other.

I also find most people who advocate against homosexuality (in concern to the male view), are just primarily against man on man rather than female on female.

Of course some of the biggest advocates against homosexuality, at least that I have seen, are closeted homosexuals who are raised in strict religious upbringings.

-Nam

Some people who advocate against homosexuality also see it as a danger to the human race.  Because teh gays scissoring or doing reach-arounds or what have you can't result in procreation.  Ergo, if homosexuality isn't demonized, then we as a race will run the risk of forgetting to engage in procreation and humanity will be doomed to extinction.

Because we totally wouldn't notice that the babies are gone.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »
I think, then, homosexuality should be more prevalent. 7 billion people and counting. Earth is suffocating.

-Nam

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »
Theists of the forum who want a theocracy, move to Uganda, if you're not already there. I'm sure the other residents of your countries would thank you.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Online Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
Theists of the forum who want a theocracy, move to Uganda, if you're not already there. I'm sure the other residents of your countries would thank you.

In fact, theocrats, if you're upset about the LGBT community recently gaining marriage equality in your region, just swap homes with a gay couple in Uganda.  That way, they can be in a safer place and you can live among people just as nasty and deluded as you are.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »
In fact, theocrats, if you're upset about the LGBT community recently gaining marriage equality in your region, just swap homes with a gay couple in Uganda.  That way, they can be in a safer place and you can live among people just as nasty and deluded as you are.

That's an even better idea.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 03:32:36 PM »

Thing is, many of the homophobes here (as stormfront.org tells me) are white, and also racist or just all around bigots in general.

;)

-Nam

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »
Thing is, many of the homophobes here (as stormfront.org tells me) are white, and also racist or just all around bigots in general.

;)

So... true believers?
Anyway, the fact that people from Uganda were able to do what they couldn't should ease their racism. Or not.

-Nam

-One
We choose our own gods.

Online Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 12:23:48 AM »

Must be exhausting, figuring out whom they have to hate more.  :P
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 04:11:47 AM »

Must be exhausting, figuring out whom they have to hate more.  :P

Well, at stormfront I think they hate Jews more.  They had a topic there once about how Jewish women celebrities trick true white people by their devilish looks of beauty. Sometimes they would add a girl of "color" like Cameron Diaz or Christina Aguilera but mainly it was Jewish women like Winona Ryder and Natalie Portman etc.,

-Nam