Author Topic: How does a theist Know God?  (Read 779 times)

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
How does a theist Know God?
« on: February 22, 2014, 01:42:13 AM »
How does a Theist know God?
It is a method.

A theist can only know God only when he has become cleansed of the impurities of mind and its outward going faculties through the senses, he can then rise above the limitations of physical body consciousness, he can merge with the divine and deliver its message. When he does this he can say "The Father and I are one". He can now teach what he knows of the limitations of the senses the mind and the body. They are teachers of peace and human unity.

Can you find a few theists for this thread?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:08:53 AM by Jesuis »
According to Theists: Theists know God, Atheists don't.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: How does a theist Know God?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 02:10:02 AM »
Yeah...you're an atheist. HA!

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 02:51:09 PM »
Rising above body consciousness.

Because it is mainly a Christian based society on here. This event should sound familiar. But remember we are dealing with the science not belief. Science is for everyone. Granted not all students want to learn algebra.(Ref previous debate Theists know God Atheist don't thread)

When the teacher like John the Baptist baptizes a student / disciple like Jesus who has the desire to know God the gift of holy initiation takes place.

A true disciple is one who really wants to Know God, and for such a disciple the Master imparts his life impulse of higher wisdom unto him. For Jesus the heavens opened up for him. Such a disciple is then led by the Holy Spirit within him to a place where he can develop his focus and concentration on the divine where he can be able to repeatedly rise above the physical and mental limitations that prevents one from knowing God.. When it the art is perfected through repeated experiments and one has merged fully with the divine then the individual has become one with God. And can teach the method to his disciples.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +512/-18
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 03:13:30 PM »
It is a method.

A theist can only know God only when he has become cleansed of the impurities of mind and its outward going faculties through the senses, he can then rise above the limitations of physical body consciousness, he can merge with the divine and deliver its message.

Rising above body consciousness.

I have never seen so much meaningless “woo” is so few words.

Everything you said is completely meaningless. Even you do not know what it means.

Take any phrase, clause or sentence and see how little information it contains.

Why are you writing this stuff? What are you trying to convey?

How do you know you, yourself, have, “become cleansed of the impurities of mind and its outward going faculties through the senses.”

This is insanity writ large.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
He's trying to sound philosophical, I mentioned it before. Sounding philosophical doesn't make one philosophical.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +512/-18
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »
Really? I suppose I have to believe you. But he is speaking a language nobody understands! What does "the Master imparts his life impulse of higher wisdom unto him." even mean. Who is "the Master"? What is a "life impulse"?  Are there any videos on YouTube of this happening?

I blame you, nam! You have driven Jesuis over the top and into the realms of the terminally deluded.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 03:32:12 PM »
Really? I suppose I have to believe you. But he is speaking a language nobody understands! What does "the Master imparts his life impulse of higher wisdom unto him." even mean. Who is "the Master"? What is a "life impulse"?  Are there any videos on YouTube of this happening?

I blame you, nam! You have driven Jesuis over the top and into the realms of the terminally deluded.

He's a theist. What did you expect?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 03:35:12 PM »

It happens.

-Nam

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 03:38:43 PM »
I have never seen so much meaningless “woo” is so few words.

Everything you said is completely meaningless. Even you do not know what it means.

Take any phrase, clause or sentence and see how little information it contains.

Why are you writing this stuff? What are you trying to convey?

How do you know you, yourself, have, “become cleansed of the impurities of mind and its outward going faculties through the senses.”

This is insanity writ large.
I can recommend a book I am reading at the moment.
It is way to complex for me and makes my atheist head hurt.
Perhaps you can make better sense of it. It is called "Path of the Masters by Julian Johnson". 
Maybe you can help me analyse it and its contents and at the same time help me say what I need to say instead of me making useless incoherent posts.

Sorry.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »
It is a method.

Marlon Brando was a method actor. But he was wise enough not to believe that he was really a godfather.

Methods are used by humans to accomplish a lot of stuff. That doesn't mean that any of them harbors truth.

You used a method to pretend to be an atheist. Its called lying. Should we have been more impressed?

Oh, an as for the book you've suggested, I've already got a full plate of fiction books to read for the year. I doubt I'll have time to get to it.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +512/-18
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 04:25:32 PM »
I can recommend a book I am reading at the moment. It is called "Path of the Masters by Julian Johnson". 
It is downloadable for free at https://archive.org/details/ThePathOfTheMasters

It is reviewed at http://www.amazon.com/review/R2ZTM542R7CQWQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2ZTM542R7CQWQ

It is complete and utter unsubstantiated garbage: some Indian Snake-oil salesman ripping off a naive Christian and converting him and his money to the philosophy of a Sikh mystic.

The book is divided into (a) weird, incomprehensible woo and (b) the blindingly obvious spoken as if it were revelatory.

If you are looking for something that is so esoteric and filled with terms that nobody understands so that people will avoid you and psychiatrists wonder if they can charge by the hour, this is the one for you.

If you are about 15 and have no knowledge of science but think there's an easy way to brilliance, this is for you. Just skip the big words and assume that you know what they mean[1].

At this point, you are probably asking, "What are the 4 grand divisions of nature?":

2. THE FOUR GRAND DIVISIONS OF NATURE

The entire universe of universes is divided into four grand divi-  sions, each marked out and differentiated from the rest by certain  characteristics of the substances composing them and the nature  of the phenomena to be seen there.

(1) Beginning with our own world as the point of departure, the  first grand division is the physical universe, called in the language  of the Masters Pind. It is composed chiefly of matter of varying  density, coarse in quality, but mixed with a small percentage of  mental and spiritual substance — just enough to give it life and  motion. Spirit is the only self-acting substance in existence. Without spirit, matter is dead, inert. In fact, there is nothing in all  creation wholly devoid of spirit, for without spirit, matter itself  would cease to exist. Matter is not therefore a thing apart from  spirit, but it may itself be considered as spirit in a much-depleted  form. So it may be said of mind.

You are probably thinking, "Well, that makes a refreshing change from the Standard Model and String Theory! The weirdo has convinced me, bring on the next bit. But for that, you'll have to download the lot.

I hope this has helped.
 1. after all, that's what the author did.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 05:08:29 PM »
It is a method.

Marlon Brando was a method actor. But he was wise enough not to believe that he was really a godfather.

Methods are used by humans to accomplish a lot of stuff. That doesn't mean that any of them harbors truth.

You used a method to pretend to be an atheist. Its called lying. Should we have been more impressed?

Oh, an as for the book you've suggested, I've already got a full plate of fiction books to read for the year. I doubt I'll have time to get to it.
I said I do not know God -- that is not lying.  An atheist does not know God.
A theists on the other hand knows God. Where is the lie? Is there a true theist on here?
According to the Theists they know God and it is out of such respect that I post that.
A woman called Ching Hai is a present day theist. Another guy called Harold Klemp also claims to know God. The list goes on but out of respect I coined the phrase. It has nothing to do with lies. Cheap shot.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »
I can recommend a book I am reading at the moment. It is called "Path of the Masters by Julian Johnson". 
It is downloadable for free at https://archive.org/details/ThePathOfTheMasters

It is reviewed at http://www.amazon.com/review/R2ZTM542R7CQWQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2ZTM542R7CQWQ

It is complete and utter unsubstantiated garbage: some Indian Snake-oil salesman ripping off a naive Christian and converting him and his money to the philosophy of a Sikh mystic.

The book is divided into (a) weird, incomprehensible woo and (b) the blindingly obvious spoken as if it were revelatory.

If you are looking for something that is so esoteric and filled with terms that nobody understands so that people will avoid you and psychiatrists wonder if they can charge by the hour, this is the one for you.

If you are about 15 and have no knowledge of science but think there's an easy way to brilliance, this is for you. Just skip the big words and assume that you know what they mean[1].

At this point, you are probably asking, "What are the 4 grand divisions of nature?":

2. THE FOUR GRAND DIVISIONS OF NATURE

The entire universe of universes is divided into four grand divi-  sions, each marked out and differentiated from the rest by certain  characteristics of the substances composing them and the nature  of the phenomena to be seen there.

(1) Beginning with our own world as the point of departure, the  first grand division is the physical universe, called in the language  of the Masters Pind. It is composed chiefly of matter of varying  density, coarse in quality, but mixed with a small percentage of  mental and spiritual substance — just enough to give it life and  motion. Spirit is the only self-acting substance in existence. Without spirit, matter is dead, inert. In fact, there is nothing in all  creation wholly devoid of spirit, for without spirit, matter itself  would cease to exist. Matter is not therefore a thing apart from  spirit, but it may itself be considered as spirit in a much-depleted  form. So it may be said of mind.

You are probably thinking, "Well, that makes a refreshing change from the Standard Model and String Theory! The weirdo has convinced me, bring on the next bit. But for that, you'll have to download the lot.

I hope this has helped.
 1. after all, that's what the author did.
It does help.
I do not expect to become an expert scientists or theist or end up on the table of the insane.

At least I am not stagnant and wallowing in how to be a stupid inhumane individual fighting other over beliefs of others - I am looking for solutions to beliefs that have a positive outcome.

The theists and their methods are providing me that wisdom that atheists have no teacher no authority and no humane agenda.

But I welcome your efforts on the matter and thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:18:27 PM by Jesuis »

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 05:41:14 PM »
It is a method.

A theists on the other hand knows God. Where is the lie? Is there a true theist on here?
According to the Theists they know God and it is out of such respect that I post that.
A woman called Ching Hai is a present day theist. Another guy called Harold Klemp also claims to know God. The list goes on but out of respect I coined the phrase. It has nothing to do with lies. Cheap shot.

If there is no god, what do these folks know that impresses you so much? And if there is no god, why is their erroneous knowledge on the subject that impressive?

And if there is a god, why are there so much variation in the people who "know" him? What mechanism causes a god to be interpreted by some as one the christian variations, by some as one of the muslim variations, by others as the hindu variation, and yet others as the zoroastrian variation, etc.? Or do you care?
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +380/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 06:27:02 PM »
It is a method.

A theist can only know God only when he has become cleansed of the impurities of mind and its outward going faculties through the senses,

What, specifically, are these "impurities of mind and its outward going faculties" that need to be cleansed?  What, specifically, are the steps required to cleanse them?  How do you test the resulting "purity" level so that you know you're ready to proceed to the next step?  If you're going to claim that you have a method--and not just a few lines of deepity-laden balderdash--then you should know, in terms specific enough for others to apply, what you are talking about.  "First the Alchemist must draw forth the carbones from the Red Stone of Life in order to transmute it into the White Stone of Purity..." is not a statement of method until all of the relevant terms are coherently defined.

When he does this he can say "The Father and I are one".

Does "he" have any way to demonstrate that this is, in fact, the case?  The world is full of "spiritual Masters" of various sorts who teach different things.  The quote you use is from "Jesus" as portrayed in the Gospel of John.  The teachings of this "Jesus" disagree with the teachings of the great spiritual Masters who designed the Pyramids and the Temples of Karnak and Luxor, with the ones who penned the Vedas and the Upanishads, with the ones who built the monasteries of Tibet, and so on.

Since you're talking about "method," you should have specific, repeatable steps to test people who claim to be "spiritual Masters" with messages from the divine (however defined).  Specific.  Repeatable.  Steps.  That's what "method" is.

He can now teach what he knows of the limitations of the senses the mind and the body. They are teachers of peace and human unity.

"I came not to bring peace, but a sword."  Whelp.  So much for your guy Jesus.  Got any other ones you'd like to propose?
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 06:59:18 PM »
A true disciple is one who really wants to Know God, and for such a disciple the Master imparts his life impulse of higher wisdom unto him. For Jesus the heavens opened up for him. Such a disciple is then led by the Holy Spirit within him to a place where he can develop his focus and concentration on the divine where he can be able to repeatedly rise above the physical and mental limitations that prevents one from knowing God.. When it the art is perfected through repeated experiments and one has merged fully with the divine then the individual has become one with God. And can teach the method to his disciples.
I believe the geeks called this the Jedi.
A master who really wants to know the force, and for such a Padawan the Jedi Master imparts his life impulse of higher wisdom unto him. For Yoda the heavens opened up for him. Such a Jedi Master is the led by the Force within him to a place where he can develop his focus and concentration on the divine where he can be able to repeatedly rise above the physical and mental limitations that prevents one from knowing The Dark Side of The Force!
I knew all this mumbo jumbo sounded familiar. Strange that it matches a work of fiction.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 10:08:21 PM »

An atheist does not acknowledge that a god exists.  Your stating that "a theist knows God" acknowledges that a god exists.  That is the lie.

why do you feel the need to respect someone who believes in imaginary figures?  If I told you I believe in, and am starting a religion based on, Hermione Granger, would you respect that in the same way?  Why or why not?
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »

If there is no god, what do these folks know that impresses you so much? And if there is no god, why is their erroneous knowledge on the subject that impressive?

And if there is a god, why are there so much variation in the people who "know" him? What mechanism causes a god to be interpreted by some as one the christian variations, by some as one of the muslim variations, by others as the hindu variation, and yet others as the zoroastrian variation, etc.? Or do you care?

Why "IF" The problem is an egotistical one.

Atheists statements of certainty that there is no God has fundamentalist mentality and rigidity written all over it, it makes them look weak to say "if".

Similarly Christians, Muslims, Jews etc with their statements of certainty have done same when challenged about their beliefs - they have become more and more dogmatic, rigid and fundamentalist with time.

Everybody now claims to know or have no belief. Which is as inhumane as it gets - it a nonsense of stand your ground.

All these variations we read of are mind developments of things that are not real. Can you explain the variation that are real or it it in a book?

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 11:47:27 PM »
A theist can only know God only when he has become cleansed of the impurities of mind and its outward going faculties through the senses,

What, specifically, are these "impurities of mind and its outward going faculties" that need to be cleansed?  What, specifically, are the steps required to cleanse them?  How do you test the resulting "purity" level so that you know you're ready to proceed to the next step?  If you're going to claim that you have a method--and not just a few lines of deepity-laden balderdash--then you should know, in terms specific enough for others to apply, what you are talking about.  "First the Alchemist must draw forth the carbones from the Red Stone of Life in order to transmute it into the White Stone of Purity..." is not a statement of method until all of the relevant terms are coherently defined.

When he does this he can say "The Father and I are one".

Does "he" have any way to demonstrate that this is, in fact, the case?  The world is full of "spiritual Masters" of various sorts who teach different things.  The quote you use is from "Jesus" as portrayed in the Gospel of John.  The teachings of this "Jesus" disagree with the teachings of the great spiritual Masters who designed the Pyramids and the Temples of Karnak and Luxor, with the ones who penned the Vedas and the Upanishads, with the ones who built the monasteries of Tibet, and so on.

Since you're talking about "method," you should have specific, repeatable steps to test people who claim to be "spiritual Masters" with messages from the divine (however defined).  Specific.  Repeatable.  Steps.  That's what "method" is.

He can now teach what he knows of the limitations of the senses the mind and the body. They are teachers of peace and human unity.

"I came not to bring peace, but a sword."  Whelp.  So much for your guy Jesus.  Got any other ones you'd like to propose?

The human being according to Theists have become depleted of Divine Love. The theists are teaching their faithful and truthful students how to get back to that state of being.

Everyone's mind is different and is engaged in some activity that lowers ones conscious awareness and they becomes inhumane, selfish, egotistical, Lustful, Greedy, angry etc etc etc. The number of states of mind is immense - theists are addressing the various states of mind of their disciples and bringing them round to the state of love.    Lets not do the balderdash that assumes one method applies to all.

That method varies from individual to individual depending on the severity of the problem of mind that prevents one from knowing. When the teacher is aware of this problem through your confession he gives a soloution based on many things of environment, society, food, etc etc. to solve that problem.

The chemistry, the mental make up, the physical environment and the surroundings they all play a part and it is that which he addresses in his disciples.

A teacher can teach you what to do but you have to walk the path to know the truth. First one needs to know what the problem is in themselves. And then follow the instructions the teacher gives.

The student or disciple knows what they have going on their minds and what the intent is with these mental issues - in order to know God the theist offers them the solution "to thine own self be true" and that there is no judgement with him only solutions - they confess this truth of their negative mind they take the solution act on it and solve this recurring problem of mind ---- if not they choose to settle into its negative agenda.

Did Jesus use a sword on anyone?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:07:08 AM by Jesuis »

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 11:56:09 PM »
A master who really wants to know the force, and for such a Padawan the Jedi Master imparts his life impulse of higher wisdom unto him. For Yoda the heavens opened up for him. Such a Jedi Master is the led by the Force within him to a place where he can develop his focus and concentration on the divine where he can be able to repeatedly rise above the physical and mental limitations that prevents one from knowing The Dark Side of The Force!
I knew all this mumbo jumbo sounded familiar. Strange that it matches a work of fiction.
According to the wiki it was the "Midi-chlorians that were intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things. When present in sufficient numbers, they could allow their host to detect the pervasive energy field known as the Force."

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 12:00:05 AM »
The human being according to Theists have become depleted of Divine Love. The theists are teaching their faithful and truthful students how to get back to that state of being.

Everyone's mind is different and is engaged in an activity that lowers ones conscious awareness and they becomes inhumane, selfish, egotistical, Lustful, Greedy, angry etc etc. The number of states of mind is immense - theists are addressing the various states of mind of their disciples to bring them round to the state of love. Lets not do the balderdash that one method applies to all.

That method varies from individual to individual depending on the severity of the problem of mind that prevents one from knowing.

The chemistry, the mental make up, the physical environment and the surroundings they live in all play a part and it is that which he addresses in his disciple.

A teacher can teach you what to do but you have to walk the path to know the truth. First one needs to know what the problem is in themselves. And the teachers will help him with that.

The student or disciple knows what they have going on their minds and what is their intent is with these mental issues - in order to know God the theist offers them the solution to thine own self be true - they confess this truth to the teacher but if they do not take the solution to solve this recurring problem in mind they choose to settle into its negative agenda.

Holy crap, do I feel enlightened. Your generic psychobabble and rephrased buddhism/gnostic/mystic christian drivel has me convinced that the only source of truth is a teacher, because teachers are the only good thing in this world and if the rest of us can't appreciate being students in the classroom of life, then we are unworthy of Internet access and should probably just go shoot ourselves.

Got it.

And jesus didn't need a sword. He created idiots who preferred swords over other solutions. The results are the same, but it kept his hands clean. Pretty neat trick.

May the woo be with you, Jesuis, because otherwise you're all alone here.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +218/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »
It does help.
I do not expect to become an expert scientists or theist or end up on the table of the insane.

At least I am not stagnant and wallowing in how to be a stupid inhumane individual fighting other over beliefs of others - I am looking for solutions to beliefs that have a positive outcome.

The theists and their methods are providing me that wisdom that atheists have no teacher no authority and no humane agenda.

If it pleases you, make a big table of people who have achieved something on this Earth, and see if they made their way in the world by reading New Age Indian guru self help books.

If you are thinking about "science", then if anything in Indian New Age self help books was true, then we would expect to see loads of Indian mystic believers leading our society, and being pioneers in medical research. Instead, the culture that it comes from supports burning wives, and an untouchable caste. If Indians are the source of true soul knowledge, then they should outclass us all in morality and science. THEY DONT.

One thing that "Jesus" said that was apparently true, is that the fruit does not fall far from the tree, and an evil tree bears evil fruit.

By studying New Age self help books, statistically, you will end up in the same mental class as all the others who do so. Have you got some petrol? You will need it to burn your wife.

Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 12:12:03 AM »

Everyone's mind is different and is engaged in an activity that lowers ones conscious awareness and they becomes inhumane, selfish, egotistical, Lustful, Greedy, angry etc etc. The number of states of mind is immense - theists are addressing the various states of mind of their disciples to bring them round to the state of love. Lets not do the balderdash that one method applies to all.

That method varies from individual to individual depending on the severity of the problem of mind that prevents one from knowing.

The chemistry, the mental make up, the physical environment and the surroundings they live in all play a part and it is that which he addresses in his disciple.

A teacher can teach you what to do but you have to walk the path to know the truth. First one needs to know what the problem is in themselves. And the teachers will help him with that.

The student or disciple knows what they have going on their minds and what is their intent is with these mental issues - in order to know God the theist offers them the solution to thine own self be true - they confess this truth to the teacher but if they do not take the solution to solve this recurring problem in mind they choose to settle into its negative agenda.

Holy crap, do I feel enlightened. Your generic psychobabble and rephrased buddhism/gnostic/mystic christian drivel has me convinced that the only source of truth is a teacher, because teachers are the only good thing in this world and if the rest of us can't appreciate being students in the classroom of life, then we are unworthy of Internet access and should probably just go shoot ourselves.

Got it.

And jesus didn't need a sword. He created idiots who preferred swords over other solutions. The results are the same, but it kept his hands clean. Pretty neat trick.

I think the teacher is the example. "I am the way the truth and the light". Do what I do!
I doubt he had a sword to kill anyone.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +218/-4
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 12:13:31 AM »
What, specifically, are these "impurities of mind and its outward going faculties" that need to be cleansed?  What, specifically, are the steps required to cleanse them?

The impurity are Engrams. They need to be cleansed, so you an liberate your inner Thetan. You need auditing, and E-meters. Plus you need to pay loads of money.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 12:14:10 AM »
It does help.

If it pleases you, make a big table of people who have achieved something on this Earth, and see if they made their way in the world by reading New Age Indian guru self help books.

If you are thinking about "science", then if anything in Indian New Age self help books was true, then we would expect to see loads of Indian mystic believers leading our society, and being pioneers in medical research. Instead, the culture that it comes from supports burning wives, and an untouchable caste. If Indians are the source of true soul knowledge, then they should outclass us all in morality and science. THEY DONT.

One thing that "Jesus" said that was apparently true, is that the fruit does not fall far from the tree, and an evil tree bears evil fruit.

By studying New Age self help books, statistically, you will end up in the same mental class as all the others who do so. Have you got some petrol? You will need it to burn your wife.
This is all wishful thinking though.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 12:16:09 AM »

Got it.

I think the teacher is the example. "I am the way the truth and the light". Do what I do!
I doubt he had a sword to kill anyone.

Did you go to school to learn how to provide inadequate responses, or is this, like, you know, a gift?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »
I said I do not know God -- that is not lying.

Yes it is. I already revealed Myself to you, human. You know Me, so you are a theist. Must I get the other resident gods to do the same?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +218/-4
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 08:25:52 AM »
Did you go to school to learn how to provide inadequate responses, or is this, like, you know, a gift?

Jesus gave inadequate responses, that's why Paul needed to translate what he said.

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »
According to the wiki it was the "Midi-chlorians that were intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things. When present in sufficient numbers, they could allow their host to detect the pervasive energy field known as the Force."