Author Topic: Amputees not healed [#2795]  (Read 362 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Amputees not healed [#2795]
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:47:26 PM »
Here is food for thought. Amputees are not healed because no one in these times believes it can be done. There are stories in the Catholic church of amputees being healed but even I see it as a possible legend. So for example since Jesus could not heal many in his hometown because they didn't believe he could do it, so he couldn't. That is in the bible. Plus he often said to people, "your faith has healed you".

Thus I repeat since we humans have a hard time believing God can cause an arm or leg to reappear on someone who has lost their arm or leg Jesus, who is also God, cannot heal us. It is a requirement that someone has the faith that God can and will do it and those people are almost non-existent. I have added another requirement unintentionally but it is also food for thought. What if we believe He can but do not believe he will. The book of James speaks of this saying if we are double minded we will get no healing. So some people know God can replace an extremity but have a hard time believing he will.
So my answer is: lack of Faith and lack of Trust.
peace and good health to you,

[name removed]

PS Pope John Paul II said sometimes God sees something good in our affliction that we do not yet see and therefore does not answer (with a yes) a prayer to be healed. "Yet" meaning to me we will find out in the next life what our suffering did to help others. So God answers NO but only because it is doing something good in the world and that we will totally agree with this answer and see its merits but probably not in this life. Our suffering that helped others will make our Joy in the next world even greater. This is why we say at the end of our petition, thy will be done, not mine.

PPS I have an agnostic brother who sees coincidences as the answer to all mysterys so you need not respond. Jesus didn't explain the Eucharist in the 6th chapter of John for the reason given at the end of John. Jesus "knew from the beginning who would not believe" it says. No need to explain because they will not believe. I understand this due to my brothers unbelief. He believes in miracles because they are documented he says but it does not prove God did it. this is logical but at the same time shows a stubberness to not believe in God.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Amputees not healed [#2795]
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:58:50 PM »
All I read was blah blah blah.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »
The Lone True Scotsman rides again!!  ;D
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 12:45:14 AM »
Here is food for thought. Amputees are not healed because no one in these times believes it can be done. There are stories in the Catholic church of amputees being healed but even I see it as a possible legend. So for example since Jesus could not heal many in his hometown because they didn't believe he could do it, so he couldn't. That is in the bible. Plus he often said to people, "your faith has healed you".

Thus I repeat since we humans have a hard time believing God can cause an arm or leg to reappear on someone who has lost their arm or leg Jesus, who is also God, cannot heal us. It is a requirement that someone has the faith that God can and will do it and those people are almost non-existent. I have added another requirement unintentionally but it is also food for thought. What if we believe He can but do not believe he will. The book of James speaks of this saying if we are double minded we will get no healing. So some people know God can replace an extremity but have a hard time believing he will.

So wait, god is dependent upon human faith to give him powers?  So when humans express faith, he absorbs the "faith energy" like a sponge and uses it to empower himself?  I guess that would explain why he's hung up on the whole concept of "faith".  However, that would also mean he can no longer be considered an omnimax being (or omni-anything), since his powers are limited and controlled by lesser beings.  It also raise the question of how he was able to form the universe in the first place, considering that no "faith energy" would've been present at that point.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 06:31:43 AM »
Your theory breaks apart rather quickly. I am sure that no one thought that Jesus could walk on water, but legend has it that he did. Nobody believed that the dead could be raised, but the myth says Jesus did it.

At these points, Jesus must have known that nobody believed it.

Thus I repeat since we humans have a hard time believing God can cause an arm or leg to reappear on someone who has lost their arm or leg Jesus, who is also God, cannot heal us.
I think I have already said that this is illogical

I hope you see that this is not an answer, however, it was a good try at an answer, but it is not an answer. You see “Why won’t God heal amputees?” is really a very good question that no Christian has yet answered.

PS Pope John Paul II said sometimes … God answers NO
How do we tell if God has answered “No” or simply that there has been no answer?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:33:28 AM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 07:34:24 AM »

God requires people to believe amputees can be healed before he gets off his arse and actually does some healing? What an absolute prick. Can you imagine if the NHS worked like that - "Sorry, nope. The surgeon will not be removing your brain tumour until you believe he can do it." - They'd be struck off! Why do people let god off the hook for such shockingly abysmal and inhumane health care?
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 08:44:53 AM »
Here is food for thought. Amputees are not healed because no one in these times believes it can be done ...  It is a requirement that someone has the faith that God can and will do it and those people are almost non-existent ...

You all never give up on that old chestnut that we just don't have enough faith.

That is so intellectually bankrupt that your creditors won't be knocking on your door.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +43/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »
Thus I repeat since we humans have a hard time believing God can cause an arm or leg to reappear on someone who has lost their arm or leg Jesus, who is also God, cannot heal us. It is a requirement that someone has the faith that God can and will do it and those people are almost non-existent.

So this Jesus of yours is a powerless dead guy if there is no faith to fuel the god machine for each individual? And NO ONE has faith powerful enough to allow him to do anything god like and interact with this world? Yet you worship him anyway?
So Jesus power source is the same as Tinker Bell? Perhaps not the fairy dust but happy thoughts and faith, "I believe I can fly."
Some food for thought about this theory... I doubt anyone had faith that Jesus would rise from the dead. Yet he supposedly did.