Author Topic: What Does A Stupid Website Say About Homosexuality?  (Read 456 times)

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
What Does A Stupid Website Say About Homosexuality?
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:12:39 PM »
Get a load of this bullshit:

What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?

Subscribe to our Question of the Week

homosexuality sin, homosexuality Bible

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer:  The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

Recommended Resources:  Coming out of Homosexuality by Bob Davies and 101 Frequently Asked Questions About Homosexuality by Mike Haley and Logos Bible Software.

While he is not the author of every article on GotQuestions.org, for citation purposes, you may reference our CEO, S. Michael Houdmann.

Related Topics:

What does the Bible say about gay marriage / same sex marriage?

Why are Christians homophobic?

If homosexuality is a sin, why didn’t Jesus ever mention it?

What is the Queen James Bible?

What does the Bible say about being a lesbian? Does the Bible mention lesbianism?

Return to:

Questions about Sin

Return to:

GotQuestions.org Home

What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html#ixzz2tpe59186

http://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html

Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
Re: What Does A Stupid Website Say About Homosexuality?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:27:47 AM »
Well, at least it mentions other sins equated to it. Here's a list of sins in the Bible:

http://wogim.org/sinlist.htm

I wonder why Christians don't hit so hard on all sins but just specific ones? Especially if they all mainly are equal to each other in how bad they are. Of course even the Bible doesn't seem to project them as equal since the one's Christians focus on are also focused on in the Bible.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +49/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:03:09 AM »
I thought the story goes Jesus died to forgive mankind of our sins.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 11:39:44 AM »
I thought the story goes Jesus died to forgive mankind of our sins.

That's the story.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Brad the Bold

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +17/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »
The penalty for astrology is death Deut 17:7.

Good to know. Good to know.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »
The laws of astrology dictates those who believe anything in the Bible is deserving of death. It seems right it'd be the other way around.

;)

-Nam

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »
Well, at least it mentions other sins equated to it. Here's a list of sins in the Bible:

http://wogim.org/sinlist.htm

I wonder why Christians don't hit so hard on all sins but just specific ones? Especially if they all mainly are equal to each other in how bad they are. Of course even the Bible doesn't seem to project them as equal since the one's Christians focus on are also focused on in the Bible.

-Nam
  The ones they ignore are probably the ones they are committing themselves.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips