Author Topic: Suggestion [#2793]  (Read 237 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Suggestion [#2793]
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:52:51 AM »
God says “Do Not Kill”…

Then he says “Kill:
1.        Homosexuals
2.       Witches
3.       Fortunetellers
4.       Etc…

So, here is my question…

Why Doesn’t God Kill Evildoers ???

He wants us to do it.  He orders it to be done.  And, yet, He never lifts a finger to do it himself… (just  like he doesn’t exist)….

Another question… God wants His message to get out to the entire world and, yet, He has never contributed a thin dime to get it done…

So, here is my question…

Why Doesn’t God Fund Proselytizing ???

He wants people to give 10% to the church and give to the poor but He won’t give anything… (just like he doesn’t’ exist)…

Just a few questions…

Also:
Why Doesn’t God Prohibit Slavery ???
Why Doesn’t God Prohibit Child Abuse ???
Why Doesn’t God Prohibit Slavery ???
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Suggestion [#2793]
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:36:00 AM »
You know the answer as well as everyone else does.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:21:38 AM »
I think you are on the side of rational thinking, but, in case, like we have said 1000 times:

The question of god healing amputees cuts out the ambiguity.  For instance:

- If we debate about evildoers (George W. Bush comes to mind) - theists will say god sent the US military through George to stop evildoers.[rolls eyes]
- If we debate about funds for proselytizing, theists will say, as the money ran out, god sent the little old man that put a $50,000 check in the box (Oda Mae Brown comes to mind - "I know you don't think I'm giving this 4 million dollars to a bunch a nuns!")

...and so on with many conceivable possiblities of divine intervention.

So, since god can do anything anyway anytime, we surely can get proof of  an amputee having an appendage grow back.
Before we must cover it again, things like the 1640 miracle of Calanda have been explained.
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4247

But I suppose we will eventually have a problem - through the long hours of scientific works, humanity experimenting with stem cells, etc. - no god in sight - science will probably get an appendage to 'grow back' , and once again, theism will say, well of course ...... goddidit.
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +533/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Hello, and welcome.

Your questions are perfectly valid. All gods are marked by (a) no-show (b) people attributing events to gods without any proof or common sense (c) a desire not to be seen as they are (usually the real sight of them kills you} so they appear as various people and animals and the occasional burning bush. (d) no living, reliable witnesses or film/video/recordings. (e) unlikely excuses for all their failings.

I advise you to keep at a good distance from anyone professing to "know what a god means." They are usually the ones that want you to "carry out His wishes." but that is not a defense in law.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”