Author Topic: "Theists know God, Atheist don't" is a fact.  (Read 22512 times)

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
Re: "Theists know God, Atheist don't" is a fact.
« Reply #319 on: March 01, 2014, 11:23:19 PM »
Its consciousness is.
Life is conscious of its environment.
Human life have a high conscious capability.
Only the most conscious know God. That is where the teachings of God originate - not from a mind of illusion but from one that is controlled by consciousness. It is the untrained and unschooled mind that creates all these imaginary beliefs for its own selfish reasons in ego.

I agree with your last thought which I've bolded.

Imaginary beliefs such as "consciousness of life is evidence of a god's existence" elivates the ego so it feels more special and important and is a selfish reason.

Additional imaginary beliefs like "only the most conscious know God" only continue to soothe and elivate the ego for selfish reasons.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2014, 11:49:38 PM »
Its consciousness is.
Life is conscious of its environment.
Human life have a high conscious capability.
Only the most conscious know God. That is where the teachings of God originate - not from a mind of illusion but from one that is controlled by consciousness. It is the untrained and unschooled mind that creates all these imaginary beliefs for its own selfish reasons in ego.

I agree with your last thought which I've bolded.

Imaginary beliefs such as "consciousness of life is evidence of a god's existence" elivates the ego so it feels more special and important and is a selfish reason.

Additional imaginary beliefs like "only the most conscious know God" only continue to soothe and elivate the ego for selfish reasons.
How does consciousness do that? A dog is conscious. A tree is conscious. Life is conscious. How does consciousness elevate the ego?
According to Theists: Theists know God, Atheists don't.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +1176/-6
  • This space for rent
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2014, 12:00:25 AM »
Human nature - a mistake of your making by definition - relative to my definition of course.  I do not know God so by my definition I am an atheist. My mistake is not to keep saying according to this guy or that guy. I apologize for that. According to the Masters God is not in a hurry he has all of time to bring home every single individual that is a conscious part of itself.

If t here is a god, he has infinity. We have but, at best, eight or nine decades. And many have less. If we're on his schedule, most of us are going to miss the boat.

I suggest that you stay out of the new age section at Amazon or the bookstore or wherever, and head over to the zombie books. They are written by a better class of people.
I have picked up another one thanks to the video on Paul Twitchell.
And this makes everything clearer. "The teachings of Kirpal Singh"

Your job is to interest me in such things. And if I'm going to end up like you, I'm not interested. I prefer being free to think over being enamored by the trite.
What I lack in sophistication I make up for with other shortcomings.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2014, 12:35:36 AM »

How does consciousness do that? A dog is conscious. A tree is conscious. Life is conscious. How does consciousness elevate the ego?

I didn't say anything about what the consciousness does.  I never said consciousness elivates the ego, I said imaginary thoughts elivate the ego.  Imaginary thoughts like "only the most conscious know God".
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2014, 04:49:27 AM »
I didn't say anything about what the consciousness does.  I never said consciousness elivates the ego, I said imaginary thoughts elivate the ego.  Imaginary thoughts like "only the most conscious know God".
Okay. -- Agreed, Thoughts come from the mind. We are on the same page.
But the point "God" is made via thoughts that have a purpose from a Theist. Human unity through conscious awareness is their agenda.
Theists have that conscious humane agenda with the authority from knowing God the all conscious. And it is promoted in the most nonviolent humblest way possible - as to turn the cheek to the enemy. It is the egotist mind that cares not for that agenda of the Theists and for God.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:51:05 AM by Jesuis »

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +627/-67
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2014, 05:07:41 AM »
I thought it was you that rejected the logic of the Title.

Now your thread's title is a "Title", with a capital "T"? What makes it so?

Still being debated on here. What is your logic that their is no theists, no method being taught and no experiences being had? Where is your verifiable evidence that you are right?

I have no idea what you mean by this. I made no claim that there are no theists. You did. If you're expecting Me to support your argument, well, tough luck. I cannot support a wrong argument.

Theists are very active, they are still alive and still teaching how to know God and they still claim to know. I cannot deny the evidence but you reject it. You need to clarify why you reject it to prove me wrong.

Your sig says otherwise, as I've already mentioned elsewhere (before your "Imma leave this mean atheists' website!" drama, if memory serves). As for debunking your false beliefs, that has been done several times by multiple people, including Me. Redefining words is what idiots do when they know they can't win an argument, to no avail, if I might add. Are you an idiot?
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, son of Fire and Light, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Discord: https://discord.gg/Hhz7Ff2

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +68/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2014, 05:12:58 AM »
Or the thread should be closed, it's going nowhere.
Why is that -- have you proved the the Title is wrong. 
It is not my burden to prove it wrong! It is yours to prove it right, you're the one making the claim, you haven't proven that! Thus the thread is going nowhere.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »
But the point "God" is made via thoughts that have a purpose from a Theist. Human unity through conscious awareness is their agenda.
Theists have that conscious humane agenda with the authority from knowing God the all conscious. And it is promoted in the most nonviolent humblest way possible - as to turn the cheek to the enemy. It is the egotist mind that cares not for that agenda of the Theists and for God.

Okay, so you agree that "God" is made via thoughts and that it is the "God" thoughts which a "Theist" knows similar to how Carlo Collodi the writer of "The Adventures of Pinocchio" (1883) knows Pinocchio.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »
Still being debated on here. What is your logic that their is no theists, no method being taught and no experiences being had? Where is your verifiable evidence that you are right?

I have no idea what you mean by this. I made no claim that there are no theists. You did. If you're expecting Me to support your argument, well, tough luck. I cannot support a wrong argument.
Your definition of Theists is not the same as mine. That is what I am saying. Theists know God. I have posted a few modern day theists, who know God, through a process. When will you present the evidence that they are not Theists(people who do not know God). This is what I am looking for!

Theists are very active, they are still alive and still teaching how to know God and they still claim to know. I cannot deny the evidence but you reject it. You need to clarify why you reject it to prove me wrong.

Your sig says otherwise, as I've already mentioned elsewhere (before your "Imma leave this mean atheists' website!" drama, if memory serves). As for debunking your false beliefs, that has been done several times by multiple people, including Me. Redefining words is what idiots do when they know they can't win an argument, to no avail, if I might add. Are you an idiot?
You said I was lying. I am not responsible for what you say. I can only defend the truth of myself. I know I do not know God. Your problem is you are too smart or too fixated in your belief to comprehend what is being said. In such respect for your great intelligence - I am too stupid to win an argument. Not that I was trying

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2014, 09:09:57 PM »
It is not my burden to prove it wrong! It is yours to prove it right, you're the one making the claim, you haven't proven that! Thus the thread is going nowhere.
Claiming I have not proven it does not quite cut it.
I have proven atheists do not know God and I have proved that theists do.
You will have to tell me how your "method of proof" works since it seems to be your problem of understanding at this point.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »

Okay, so you agree that "God" is made via thoughts and that it is the "God" thoughts which a "Theist" knows similar to how Carlo Collodi the writer of "The Adventures of Pinocchio" (1883) knows Pinocchio.
No!
I agree that God is known by individual consciousness through a process of conscious awareness, but is explained to another human being via the medium of thoughts - words.

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2014, 12:57:38 AM »

Indeed you have.

And of course, the best you can do is say a complete utter bullshit lie.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +68/-8
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2014, 04:33:28 AM »
Claiming I have not proven it does not quite cut it.
Oh it does! As you haven't done that yet. you may imagine you have, but that is you deluding yourself.
Quote from: Jesuis
Then you are welcome to show us where you actually had proven it, perhaps the world missed that part.
Quote from: Jesuis
You will have to tell me how your "method of proof" works since it seems to be your problem of understanding at this point.
'You haven't post anything for anybody to understand, when you do, get back to me.

It is your burden and will remain you burden until you can show with evidence that theists know god. We are all still waiting.
Hence why I say this thread is going nowhere.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +358/-117
  • MIGHT DOES NOT MAKE RIGHT. Seeing is believing!
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2014, 07:08:40 AM »
I'm just going to address the title of this thread.  It just disturbs me. 

Nobody Knows God.

I believe in a higher power dude but I don't know It.  I believe you believe in God but I don't believe you know It or Them.

If the seeds we're sowing here is angering people then they are not good seeds.  It's not easy but do we not have to try 110%???

I am a work in progress.  There have been many times I have failed at the same task.  As long as they'll let me I have to try harder.  We as theist here should work together; don't ya think?

It's not a competition.

Happiness and Joy,

JB

If you wanna make the world a better place,
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change...
Michael Jackson and Batman

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2014, 07:22:34 AM »
Junebug said something rather rational...
+1 to you.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +120/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
Go away for a few days and this thread is still going. Jesius  is now saying we have to prove his statement wrong, rather than him proving it right.

That confirms it; HE'S A THEIST!
Don't stop smiling at the world and keep your head full of hope.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2014, 11:06:10 AM »

No!
I agree that God is known by individual consciousness through a process of conscious awareness, but is explained to another human being via the medium of thoughts - words.

You also said "God" is made via thoughts, which I agree with.  It is the imaginary thoughts that create "God" by individual consiousness for selfish reasons of the ego and then these thoughts are explained to another human being via the medium of thoughts -words.

Offline jdawg70

• Administrator
  • Darwins +1089/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2014, 01:24:01 PM »
Go away for a few days and this thread is still going. Jesius  is now saying we have to prove his statement wrong, rather than him proving it right.

That confirms it; HE'S A THEIST!

Whether he is a theist or an atheist is pretty moot.  He's a wooist, so we know the following:
1. He is more interested in sounding deep and profound than in putting thought into the content of his words.
2. What he means by the word 'theist' or 'atheist' is entirely dependent upon what will make his next statements sound deep.  The meanings are flexible not in the interest of having a discussion and establishing a common ground for enabling communication, but in the interest of being profound.
3. His use of the word 'god' is essentially a placeholder mechanism for 'that which is inaccessible to human thought', and is therefore a perfect mechanism for maximizing profundity.  Whether the word 'god' refers to an entity, an idea, a concept.
4. His responses will almost always be contrary, because if they are not contrary, then they will sound less deep.  Hipster wisdom.
5. He has no idea if his deep, ethereal words have any correlation with truth.  'Truth' is strictly a function of how deep, philosophical, vague, and profound words in sentence-like structure sound.
6. He has no interest in any actual discussion or conversation.  Establishing a common ground for purposes of communication is less important than sounding deep and profound.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +485/-5
« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2014, 01:53:00 PM »
Then to follow YOUR logic through......

We cannot say fairies do not exist.  Some people have experienced them, so we cannot say they do not.
We cannot say alien abductions do not happen, for the same reason.
We cannot say that demons do not exist, ditto.
We cannot say that scientologists are wrong.
Nor anyone who claims to have seen a ghost, or a vampire.
Where is the Teacher?? Teaching you to know God? You are missing the point.

Nope.  You are.  Because any "teacher" will be saying "I know X", and will tell us about it.  I am trying to understand why you feel - how you can claim - there is any difference between x=god and x=vampires.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +173/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »
4. His responses will almost always be contrary, because if they are not contrary, then they will sound less deep.  Hipster wisdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKGX9tdPeN0
...religion is simply tribalism with a side order of philosophical wankery, and occasionally a baseball bat to smash...anyone who doesn't show...deference to the tribe's chosen totem.

~Astreja

To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place.

~Sam Harris

Offline jdawg70

• Administrator
  • Darwins +1089/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKGX9tdPeN0

I knew that I wasn't the only one picturing that in my head anytime Jesuis posts.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline JoeNobody

• Student
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »

Theists know God.

How do you know? Do you have ESP?

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »
'You haven't post anything for anybody to understand, when you do, get back to me.

It is your burden and will remain you burden until you can show with evidence that theists know god. We are all still waiting.
The science to the method of knowing God is taught by Theists. It is a moral, ethical, compassionate, self aware, process that leads to higher states of conscious awareness that eventually merges the student with the all conscious or God.

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +68/-8
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2014, 02:53:21 PM »

The science to the method of knowing God is taught by Theists. It is a moral, ethical, compassionate, self aware, process that leads to higher states of conscious awareness that eventually merges the student with the all conscious or God.
Then feel free to produce the evidence for this claim, just saying it isn't evidence.

It is your burden to show that a god is there for them to merge with. Once that is done your burden is to show that there are teachers who have the ability to teach this. And then it is your burden to show that there is a process that can lead to them merging. etc etc..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:55:06 PM by bertatberts »

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +485/-5
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »

So they claim.  As an atheist, of course, you demanded evidence:
1) of the higher state of consciousness (and definition of same)
2) of a student merged with the consciousness of god
3) evidence of the god they claim.

All of which you can share here.  The evidence that distinguishes the true teacher from the charlatan.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +887/-28
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »
The science to the method of knowing God is taught by Theists.
Obviously, someone has convinced you, but then brainwashing is not particularly difficult.

There is no "science" in
It is a moral, ethical, compassionate, self aware, process that leads to higher states of conscious awareness that eventually merges the student with the all conscious or God.

There is no "merging with God." Really, there isn't. Your brain can convince you of anything - you can see the truth of this every day if you visit a mental hospital.

If you did "merge with God[1]" would you not then understand EVERYTHING? And then you could tell us how to cure the myriad of diseases that your God has sent us.

OK, your brain has "merged with God>" Let's hear some real science from you...

Or do you find like others who rely on superstition that really, truly, you no more than anyone else? Nothing has been "revealed". You are, in fact, "none the wiser."
 1. I really have no idea why I am even entertaining this idea.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »

Theists know God.

How do you know? Do you have ESP?
I have posted the works of the experiences of students for consideration. Paul Twitchell, Julian Johnson and Ching Hai who were students before they became theists people who know God exists in the most resent of times. They all have experienced God at various levels of consciousness within the self and they all teach the process of knowing. Not much has changed from master to disciple.

My knowledge is based on the reading of these works - It is the same way I know an atom exists. I read it.

But what makes it worthy is the mounting evidence being gathered by their disciples who also learn the technique and also record their experiences. It is not possible for the scientific minded amongst us to reject this evidence, the method and the conclusion.

It would be the dogmatic or closed minded that would reject the evidence rather than investigate the evidence.

No ESP involved - what I am appealing to is the intelligence of the ones who are not dogma driven but have the inquisitive nature of science and the critical thinking ability to recognize there is a teacher a process and a method that leads o knowing. And it like everything else is taught by and expert in that field, rather than through some form of hallucination as some tend to make out.
Theists have always taught God - Zoroaster - Zoroastrianism, Moses- Judaism, Jesus - Christianity, Buddha - Buddhism, Nanak - Sikhism etc. It has always been a humane agenda from master to disciple.

That is how I know. What is it that you know that it not true about theists. How do you know they don't know God, how do you know they have no method and how do you know you are right in your stance?

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +887/-28
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »
The science to the method of knowing God is taught by Theists.
Obviously, someone has convinced you, but then brainwashing is not particularly difficult.

There is no "science" in
It is a moral, ethical, compassionate, self aware, process that leads to higher states of conscious awareness that eventually merges the student with the all conscious or God.

There is no "merging with God." Really, there isn't. Your brain can convince you of anything - you can see the truth of this every day if you visit a mental hospital.

If you did "merge with God[1]" would you not then understand EVERYTHING? And then you could tell us how to cure the myriad of diseases that your God has sent us.

OK, your brain has "merged with God>" Let's hear some real science from you...

Or do you find like others who rely on superstition that really, truly, you know no more than anyone else? Nothing has been "revealed".

You are, in fact, "none the wiser."

You see, men make gods and thus gods cannot know more than men.
 1. I really have no idea why I am even entertaining this idea.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #347 on: March 03, 2014, 03:13:56 PM »
Nobody Knows God.

People do know God. Jesus did, Nanak did, Moses did, Buddha did, Zoroaster did, Mahavira did, Muhammad did.
If atheism is that none of these people did then they are wrong. The fact that teachers who know God still teach about God is a fact. Atheism is basically everyone else who does not know God but humans who do not know God have the opportunity to learn from a teacher if they wanted to learn. That is what I am offering to the debate. The humanity in atheists do not know but who have that inner calling to know. Theists fill that void through a teaching of peace, compassion and conscious awareness.