Author Topic: Idaho bill would allow religious grounds refusal  (Read 263 times)

Offline cwschizzy

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Absurdity in Religion
Idaho bill would allow religious grounds refusal
« on: February 15, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »
This is rather annoying, laughable, and irritating.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/12/idaho-bill-would-allow-doctors-or-cops-to-refuse-service-to-lgbt-people-on-religious-grounds/

"There’s a double standard against people of traditional religious faiths."

Perhaps the LGBT community will now be immune to laws and taxes there. It would only be fair.
Belief is irrelevant; the truth is not a democracy.
facebook.com/AbsurdityinReligion

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +551/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
Re: Idaho bill would allow religious grounds refusal
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »
Well, that's going to be a vote winner, breaking, as it does with mere reactionary proposals. Very forward looking!

Why aren't these people just sent to the Aleutian Islands?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline cwschizzy

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Absurdity in Religion
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »
They're probably too afraid of Japanese forces to go very easily.

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +50/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »
First: I LOVE that photo.

Second:
However, Luke notedm emergency personnel couldn’t refuse to treat someone and does not authorize the "the intentional infliction of emotional or physical injury."
It is really sad that needed to be stated. If it wasn’t than I would assume it would be an EMTs individual decision (first thought of an example) whether or not they would save an LBGT person.

And my final thought on this nonsense:
"The free expression of religious freedom is no longer understood for what it was intended."
Should I ever move to the bible belt (or stay here) and open a business I will post a sign that says christians not welcome. To use my business you would have to pass a blasphemy test to ensure my religious freedoms for what they were intended for were not being encroached upon. Should I find myself losing money I would change the sign to read Christians are welcome but you must use the back door and expect crappy service.
My inner anti-theist freaking loves that the fundamentalist treat gays as blacks were treated back before equal rights came about. Because for all their crying about "christian prosecution" or the war on chrisianity they bring it all on themselves. What are they to do without a group of people to shun and villainize while believing themselves superior over them. The crap they pull obviously doesn’t go unnoticed and just sounds like the death rattle in an old man's chest these days.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »
So, if an EMT comes to the scene of a car accident, and somehow it's revealed a person who is extremely injured but could be saved by the EMT, the EMT could legally allow that person to die because they are a homosexual or transgendered person?

Sounds like murder to me.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline cwschizzy

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Absurdity in Religion
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:12:30 PM »
Shockingly, EMTs and other emergency personnel would still have to administer aid under the bill. A very fucked up bill, any way it's put.

"Sir, I see you are bleeding profusely from a cannon shot to your stomach. Are you by any chance homosexual?"

"I'm experimenting currently. I won't know for a while."

"Ah, alrighty then. I promise you, we will patch you up good as new!...as soon as you finish your phase and reaffirm your heterosexuality. Until then, seeya."

Such attitudes should totally be emulated nationwide.