Author Topic: WWGHA? Because science does it!  (Read 630 times)

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +320/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
Re: WWGHA? Because science does it!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:33:47 AM »
That is rather fantastic.  I dare say 'awesomesauce'.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:52:54 PM »
I'm thrilled for him and all the other amputees that will be able to feel again.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »
More hope for soldiers. Thanks to science, not gods. :angel:
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »
Science, bitches.

It works.

And likely always will.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Yep! Amazing! Human technology certainly beats anything an imaginary god can do!
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline cwschizzy

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Absurdity in Religion
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 12:31:07 AM »
I loathe to imagine how the religious will attempt to spin this.

Go science!
Belief is irrelevant; the truth is not a democracy.
facebook.com/AbsurdityinReligion

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 02:19:19 AM »
I loathe to imagine how the religious will attempt to spin this.

Go science!

It's easy. Ready? Okay, here is how: God did it.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline cwschizzy

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Absurdity in Religion
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 04:07:09 AM »

-Nam

Woah. I did not see that coming.
Belief is irrelevant; the truth is not a democracy.
facebook.com/AbsurdityinReligion

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 04:13:43 AM »

-Nam

Woah. I did not see that coming.

I know. That's the power of god: taking credit for everything.

-Nam

Offline maxstirner

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 05:12:47 AM »
Written by an old and dear friend of Dennis Markuze who has witnessed the full nature of persecution against someone who is different. In our modern society it has become a CRIME to believe in God.

AFFIDAVIT OF TRUTH

CANADA

PROVINCE OF Quebec

IN THE MATTER OF

Tim Farley vs Dennis Markuze

I, DENNIS MARKUZE, of the City of MONTREAL, in the Province of QUEBEC, DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE THAT:

1.         I am the person named in, and who subscribed, the AFFIDAVIT OF TRUTH dated the 3rd day of February, 2014

2.         To the best of my knowledge and belief, the matters and facts in it are true.

3.         Where matters specifically stated in it are made upon information and belief, I believe them to be true.

AFFIDAVIT OF TRUTH FOR DISMISSAL OF ALL CHARGES:

THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR THE PUBLIC RECORD AND THE COURT RECORD AND THE WORLD PRESS::

For over 40 years a man by the name of James Randi, founder of the James Randi Educational foundation (JREF), has challenged anyone to provide proof of the paranormal and that he would pay them $1,000,000 if they could. Hundreds have tried and all have failed the test.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

We accepted the challenge.

Ever since I have been attacked, harassed, and targeted by atheists and skeptics from all over the world. They have made up lies and accusations against me. Threatened me and my family, and done whatever they can to silence me.

I plead guilty last time in court because I was under duress and did not really understand what was going on. The media ran a false story on me even before I was tried, disgracing me publicly. They were building an unlawful case against me even before I was heard.

I am a Christian being charged for my controversial ideas on religion and politics not for any offense. People have published and republished my work all over the internet. Online strangers thousands of kilometers away have misrepresented my words, fabricated threats to silence me, to have me arrested, to seize my property, to imprison me, to take away my rights. The charges laid on me are based on hearsay and conjecture and wish. These are subjective charges, and the only party that has really been injured has been me!

Farley doesn’t like what I have to say about him and his organization, the James Randi Foundation, an atheist group, of which he is a senior member. But most importantly he does not want the public to see how we won the paranormal prize, and is doing everything in his power to prevent us from revealing how we did it.

But here is how we won the paranormal challenge:

http://storify.com/deltoidmachine/how-we-won-the-james-randi-dollar-1-000-000-parano

Apart from providing proof of the supernatural, my actual ideas center upon the utter waste of intelligence used in the ideology of atheism and the importance of peace and disarmament for the planet, and the terrible costs of war. My real words can be found here not the broken fragments they produce to use as lies to condemn me.

These claims of alleged harassment are unfounded and based on presumption, and I believe no evidence to the contrary and none exists.

AND I make this declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 05:28:38 AM »
What an interesting document. Are you saying this guy won the prize whilst the Foundation say no one has? Can you explain this?
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 05:49:40 AM »
What an interesting document. Are you saying this guy won the prize whilst the Foundation say no one has? Can you explain this?

What is up with this randi website? Is all the members not getting anywhere there coming here to copy/paste shit?

-Nam

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 05:54:14 AM »
Didn't anyone notice the glaring lie in maxstirner's post? Hint: read the first line of his/her post and the sixth line of the so-called "document" (seventh line of his/her post).
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 06:01:47 AM »
Put this in Google and look what puts up (with quotations):

"Tim Farley vs Dennis Markuze"

I think the dude above is Godexists under a sockpuppet. Can't be a coincidence that there are two copy/paste idiots from the same forums coming here doing the same thing.

-Nam

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +320/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »
I don't know. The Mabus guy didn't just throw out illogical religious arguments. (I suppose that is redundant?)  He made violent threats and used profanity, neither of which is coming from any of the theists hanging around these days.

Now, tesla would be a make likely candidate. He descended into insults and name-calling PDQ.  :P

Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline arnoldruge

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 04:39:19 AM »

RANDI AND HIS DANGEROUS PARANORMAL GAMES! SCOFF!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:44:03 AM by arnoldruge »

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 06:57:49 AM »

Hello Arnold - welcome to the forum.  Would you like to expand on your comment there?  I'm not sure what it is you are trying to say?

Incidentally, please try not to write in all capitals - it COMES ACROSS AS SHOUTING!!!, and is not normally encouraged.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +320/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »

It's about a month and a half early to be posting videos about April Fool's jokes.

Or...is that the joke?
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 04:05:22 AM »
But here is how we won the paranormal challenge:
http://storify.com/deltoidmachine/how-we-won-the-james-randi-dollar-1-000-000-parano

You know, I couldn't make head nor tail of that page.  Lots of pictures and comments but nowhere could I see the two things I wanted to see, which are:

1) A clear written description of what your - sorry, his - claim is.  What you - sorry, sorry, he - did that he believes demonstrated he successfully won the challenge.
2) A clear written description of exactly why the Foundation say he did NOT pass the challenge.

All I got from that link was "wwaaahh!  I did it and they're MEAN to me!!".

May I suggest you clarfiy your thinking in a clear and concise way.  Because what we so often see from you - sorry, him - no, sorry, you - is a lengthy splurge of links and soundbites and waffle.

But never ANYTHING of substance, laid out in a clear and methodical fashion.  Get a grip on your presentation, and maybe you - sorry, he - may start to get taken seriously.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?