Author Topic: Trolling questions  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Trolling questions
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2014, 08:02:16 PM »
Mods always uses his/her power to ban someone whom they call a troll.
Basically it is removing the rights of someone they do not like on their forum/s.
Fear is at the heart of this protective power that they will not be able to further their work if they keep the "troll" posting.

Interesting point.  Comparable to the way in which your god separates sinners/trolls from those who agree with him, would you say?  Does your god operate from a position of fear?
With all due respect - I failed trying to understand this reference.

No problem - I'll explain a bit more.

Your point was that when a Mod excludes someone from their forum, they do so essentially because they dislike that person, because they fear them, because they worry that - to allow that person to remain and speak out - their "work" would be revealed as a sham.

I was asking if - when your god excludes someone from heaven - he was likewise only doing it because he disliked that person, feared them, worried that their presence in their heaven would expose them as a sham?

I was wondering whether you would be prepared to concede that there are legitimate grounds for excluding certain people from a particular place, that do not ultimately stem from fear and dislike?
I do not get the reference "your God" and "heaven" as it occurs in your mind.
It seems to me you are telling me something about me that I do not know about myself but you that have special privilege of knowing.

I was wondering why a border exists around a country when the whole world was created for all the life in it.  If you understand this nature of man creating these borders maybe you can understand the fear some have of the trolls.
According to Theists: Theists know God, Atheists don't.

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +355/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »
It seems to me you are telling me something about me that I do not know about myself but you that have special privilege of knowing.
Tell me if I am wrong, but that seems to be the approach of various Christians who attempt to tell us how to really, truly interpret the Word of God. Yet it does not stop them from expressing an opinion.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2014, 07:07:17 PM »
Tell me if I am wrong, but that seems to be the approach of various Christians who attempt to tell us how to really, truly interpret the Word of God. Yet it does not stop them from expressing an opinion.
You are not wrong - We have all been down that road.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2014, 02:27:23 AM »
Basically it is removing the rights of someone they do not like on their forum/s.
Fear is at the heart of this protective power that they will not be able to further their work if they keep the "troll" posting.

Interesting point.  Comparable to the way in which your god separates sinners/trolls from those who agree with him, would you say?  Does your god operate from a position of fear?

Your point was that when a Mod excludes someone from their forum, they do so essentially because they dislike that person, because they fear them, because they worry that - to allow that person to remain and speak out - their "work" would be revealed as a sham.

I was asking if - when your god excludes someone from heaven - he was likewise only doing it because he disliked that person, feared them, worried that their presence in their heaven would expose them as a sham?

I was wondering whether you would be prepared to concede that there are legitimate grounds for excluding certain people from a particular place, that do not ultimately stem from fear and dislike?

Fair enough - it's hard for me to keep up with all the different flavours of Christianity I encounter.

So what you are saying is that in your belief system, nobody is excluded from the afterlife?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-2
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2014, 06:03:18 AM »
Came across this on Facebook. 

Seems to validate the views people have expressed here about Trolls.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

As always,

OldChurchGuy
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +355/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
This is great!
Does this help you realize who you are?
I am checking to see if it helps me. Thanks!

Well - yes, frankly, it does help in the process with me trying to understand myself.  Any analysis on human thoughts, personality, and behavior is information that is relevant to me and how I perceive myself.  I'm a human after all.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-2
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2014, 08:05:07 PM »
Link for topical relevance:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html
This is great!
Does this help you realize who you are?
I am checking to see if it helps me. Thanks!

My apologies for posting the link before realizing you had already posted the same link.

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »

Fair enough - it's hard for me to keep up with all the different flavours of Christianity I encounter.

So what you are saying is that in your belief system, nobody is excluded from the afterlife?
We are going way off topic.

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +355/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »
My apologies for posting the link before realizing you had already posted the same link.

No worries.  It happens.

<tangent>
I found that link on slashdot.org - a site that, in the past, was notorious for having way too many duplicate stories posted on the front page.  I almost responded with 'Dupe' but don't know how many /.ers (or /. lurkers) are around here to get the gag.
</tangent>
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »

We are going way off topic.

Nope.  This entire question stems from you whinging about the actions of the mods and their motives.  I'm trying to establish if your belief system has a parallel.

So I repeat: in your belief system, is anyone excluded from the afterlife?  And if so, is that because of fear on the part of the excluder?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2014, 06:29:31 PM »

Nope.  This entire question stems from you whinging about the actions of the mods and their motives.  I'm trying to establish if your belief system has a parallel.

So I repeat: in your belief system, is anyone excluded from the afterlife?  And if so, is that because of fear on the part of the excluder?
As an atheist I have no belief so it make no sense.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2014, 07:17:46 PM »

If you're an atheist than I'm the jolly green giant.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »

If you're an atheist than I'm the jolly green giant.

-Nam
Nothing stops an atheist from being logical when there are facts to be discussed. Belief has no place in Science and if it is presented the peer review process will rip it apart before its approval.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »
^i know you're attempting to sound philosophical with comments like that but you just sound like an idiot.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 11:21:17 AM »
A theist knows God.

As an atheist I have no belief.

Jesuis, I'm cross-posting this as I think it would help greatly if you summarised your position.

You claim to be an atheist - yet make definite statements like "a theist knows god".  All atheists I have ever encountered would say "a theist CLAIMS to know god", at strongest.

If you are an atheist, then your repeating statement such as "a theist knows god" are confusing at best, and may account for a lot of the resistance you are encountering.

Please can you clearly summarise your beliefs - or lack thereof - and explain the apparent dichotomy between the two posts of yours I have quoted?

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2014, 09:44:08 PM »
A theist knows God.

Jesuis, I'm cross-posting this as I think it would help greatly if you summarised your position.

You claim to be an atheist - yet make definite statements like "a theist knows god".  All atheists I have ever encountered would say "a theist CLAIMS to know god", at strongest.

If you are an atheist, then your repeating statement such as "a theist knows god" are confusing at best, and may account for a lot of the resistance you are encountering.

Please can you clearly summarise your beliefs - or lack thereof - and explain the apparent dichotomy between the two posts of yours I have quoted?

If you read the various religious books there is no evidence that the theists make out that they do not know God and that they only believe in God. With due respect to this chain of humane human beings who claim to know, who teach their follower a method of knowing, and who will die for that method of knowing - I have made the statement that they do. I have used my intellect to give them the same respect I would give you or myself when you/me  say you we do not know God.
I have not used the word belief because it does not help us get any further in debate. Believers are not authorities. Science requires those who have been the pioneers in science breaking the beliefs of people and proving how it works. Theists have been doing the same to their truthful or faithful followers. The theist the method and the true student..

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +49/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2014, 03:10:08 AM »
Jesuis:

How does a theist know god?
How does the theists teacher know god? etc...
By what processes that are being taught does he come to know god? etc...
Did he form it from his own thinking?
Did the teacher form it from his own thinking?
What evidence does he/she have to verify it is true knowledge and not his imagination?
What evidence does the teacher have to verify it is true knowledge and not his imagination that he is imparting?

And by what process does it become a factual statement?

These all need to be answered. Asap.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:12:34 AM by bertatberts »
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2014, 06:25:20 AM »
A theist knows God.

If you read the various religious books there is no evidence that the theists make out that they do not know God and that they only believe in God. With due respect to this chain of humane human beings who claim to know, who teach their follower a method of knowing, and who will die for that method of knowing - I have made the statement that they do. I have used my intellect to give them the same respect I would give you or myself when you/me  say you we do not know God.
I have not used the word belief because it does not help us get any further in debate. Believers are not authorities. Science requires those who have been the pioneers in science breaking the beliefs of people and proving how it works. Theists have been doing the same to their truthful or faithful followers. The theist the method and the true student..

First, the convention is not to try and debate a Mod. This is because Mods are neutral and cannot debate: the convention is to comply with a Mod's request.
Second, Please comply with the Mod's request: "Please can you clearly summarise your beliefs - or lack thereof - and explain the apparent dichotomy between the two posts of yours I have quoted?"

Finally, your statement: If you read the various religious books there is no evidence that the theists make out that they do not know God and that they only believe in God. is filled with negatives and thus is ambiguous to say the least: do you mean

If you read the various religious books there is no evidence that the theists make out that they do not know God but, instead, they make out that they only believe in God.
or
If you read the various religious books there is no evidence that the theists make out that they do not know God nor do they only believe in God.

Do you have a reference to these, "the various religious books"?

Thanks

GB Mod
[/b]
[/quote]
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2014, 01:25:25 AM »
Jesuis:

How does a theist know god?
How does the theists teacher know god? etc...
By what processes that are being taught does he come to know god? etc...
Did he form it from his own thinking?
Did the teacher form it from his own thinking?
What evidence does he/she have to verify it is true knowledge and not his imagination?
What evidence does the teacher have to verify it is true knowledge and not his imagination that he is imparting?

And by what process does it become a factual statement?

These all need to be answered. Asap.
Sorry I have only just check this thread. I am sure I did answer these on another.
This is not about trolling. Aren't we suppose to be thread specific?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:58:21 AM by Jesuis »

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2014, 01:53:10 AM »
First, the convention is not to try and debate a Mod. This is because Mods are neutral and cannot debate: the convention is to comply with a Mod's request.
Second, Please comply with the Mod's request: "Please can you clearly summarise your beliefs - or lack thereof - and explain the apparent dichotomy between the two posts of yours I have quoted?"
Sure I am an atheist. This is a intellectual quest for truth based on readings. There is no dichotomy in the quest of truth. Belief is a stagnated state of mind. I don't see me having to side with someone because I do not see their logic. I can easily trash the individuals in any religion but that does not make me a better human being. I can easily trash some of these so called atheist because they dont even have a clue on what atheism is. IMO I think there is some misconceptions of what an atheist is. Therefore I suggest a way forward.  My thread Theists know God Atheists don't.

Finally, your statement: If you read the various religious books there is no evidence that the theists make out that they do not know God and that they only believe in God. is filled with negatives and thus is ambiguous to say the least: do you mean

If you read the various religious books there is no evidence that the theists make out that they do not know God but, instead, they make out that they only believe in God.
or
If you read the various religious books there is no evidence that the theists make out that they do not know God nor do they only believe in God.

Do you have a reference to these, "the various religious books"?

Thanks

GB Mod
[/b]

This is what I am saying  - If you read the various religious books the theists say they know God..

and

Yes for "Present day Theists" that can be verified and authenticated. I can present books about what they are saying.
Older books is much harder to authenticate because over time things are manipulated. A lot of the ones in the present day are already being tampered with to make the theists look like fakes. Not that I am a Theist but I have a brain that thinks some on here have a wrong agenda in inhumanity. As an Atheist I do not have that agenda.

Read
Paul Twitchel - Tigers Fang and
Path of the Masters by Julian Johnson. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:57:27 AM by Jesuis »