Author Topic: Posting bug  (Read 318 times)

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
Posting bug
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:38:01 PM »
When trying to reply to my own thread, I'm not able to post any thing longer than a single line of text without it giving me a 404 error, the thread in question.

I've tried editing it and posting my full message, but it was restricting me, so to test it I copy & pasted the message I wrote several times over, it still worked.

Upon further inspection, it worked when I removed the word 'drug' from the original message (which you'll see now), however, I tried posted my original message in here and still get the error and as I am freely using the word 'drug', I'm actually confused as to the origin of the error.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at whywontgodhealamputees.com Port 80

I suspect it's trying to trigger an error message, possibly due to validation and not having a means of handling the error.

Anyway, thought I'd report it, whether there's a fix or something I've done something to trigger it for future reference.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
Re: Posting bug
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 05:29:39 PM »
Ah...first time I've ever seen or heard of this in all the time I've been on this forum or SMF forums in general. Well, sounds like there's nothing we can do, except guess the banned word of the day and gently smother it with a pillow.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »
Ah...first time I've ever seen or heard of this in all the time I've been on this forum or SMF forums in general. Well, sounds like there's nothing we can do, except guess the banned word of the day and gently smother it with a pillow.

The band word of today is: Nam -- damnit!

:'(

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +84/-1
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »
I ran into the same thing a day or two ago trying to answer a post in one of the threads on the Satanic rituals (I think there are a couple of those overlapping a bit). Not sure what the word was, but guessing it might have had something to do with sexual abuse...For that matter, just this explanation is probably enough to set it off again...

edited to add: guess not. It doesn't seem to have an issue with that today.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:18 PM »
I reckon someone bitter wrote it into the forum software just to fuck with us. ;)

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +380/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »
One of the Forbidden Words is p oker.  As in, Texas Hold 'em, or that thing you use to stir logs around in a fireplace, or the first word of a Lady Gaga song title ending in "Face."  Not sure which one of those is the reason for its unholiness.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 02:02:44 AM »
So is gangibang. Minus 'i' after "gang".

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +125/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +125/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 08:40:50 AM »
I can post like a sailor but I can't mention basic games of chance or modern medications to help men have erections.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +515/-18
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »
It's basically a spam filter rather than an offensive word filter. You can get hold of lists, 1,000s of words long, that contain the most commonly used spammer words.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +125/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »
But some words it rejects aren't not spam-related. I once had it choke on the word "floor", but today it's okay to say "floor".