Author Topic: Isn't there an Ignore function?  (Read 423 times)

Online Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Isn't there an Ignore function?
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »
If so, I can't seem to locate it. Also a "mark this thread as read forever" button would be nice.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Isn't there an Ignore function?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:54:40 AM »
If so, I can't seem to locate it. Also a "mark this thread as read forever" button would be nice.

The ignore is in your profile in the modify profile tab.

Mot sure about the mark forever button

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »

Yep. I have three people on my ignore list. Junebug, skeptic, and yesterday I put Jesuis.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:03:50 AM »

Yep. I have three people on my ignore list. Junebug, skeptic, and yesterday I put Jesuis.

-Nam

Well same three for me now also. Now considering Soggy

Thanks all for getting me on track.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:06:35 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
Not yet for me on SOGGY but looks like soon. I got so much going on right now the stress is overwhelming, at times.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Online Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 01:18:06 PM »
Wow, Junebug insists I have to listen to her whiney Bullcrap and smited me just for not wanting to listen to her whine. What a loser.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +129/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 06:18:52 PM »

A "stop following" or "mark this thread as read forever" would be nice.  I do lose interest in some threads after awhile if they have wandered way off the OT, become a contentious argument or debate or just begin to bore me.  Can some computer whiz create this?
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +129/-6
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »
Not yet for me on SOGGY but looks like soon. I got so much going on right now the stress is overwhelming, at times.

-Nam

Wow, I am out of the loop.  I have never even encountered Soggy.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-24
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
A "stop following" or "mark this thread as read forever" would be nice.  I do lose interest in some threads after awhile if they have wandered way off the OT, become a contentious argument or debate or just begin to bore me.  Can some computer whiz create this?
Yes.
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +129/-6
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »
I also think if a certain number of forum members vote that a smite is bollocks it should be removed and thrown back to the smiter....  just kidding but it would be fun.   ;D

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
I also think if a certain number of forum members vote that a smite is bollocks it should be removed and thrown back to the smiter....  just kidding but it would be fun.   ;D

I don't think that's a bad idea at all, Lori.  It might cut down on "spite smite" wars.  Maybe not throw it back in the smiter's face, but at least nullify a smite that's merely "Oh, yeah? Well, take this!"

Now, if we could actually do something with positive karma -- For instance, declare one's own new thread to be a karma-free zone so that people can open up a bit without fear of retaliation, or extend the edit window another 2 minutes so that typos can be fixed more gracefully. 
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »

-Nam

Wow, I am out of the loop.  I have never even encountered Soggy.

"SOGGY" is SonofGod. FYI.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »

I don't think that's a bad idea at all, Lori.  It might cut down on "spite smite" wars.  Maybe not throw it back in the smiter's face, but at least nullify a smite that's merely "Oh, yeah? Well, take this!"

Now, if we could actually do something with positive karma -- For instance, declare one's own new thread to be a karma-free zone so that people can open up a bit without fear of retaliation, or extend the edit window another 2 minutes so that typos can be fixed more gracefully. 

The last 6 or 7 smites I've gotten have been from one person.

;)

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 08:44:30 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry I just got smited by Junebug for apparently typing her name in response to hatter above. Apparently, that's smite worthy. She'll probably smite this comment for "speaking her name". What an idiot.

-Nam