Author Topic: Stay in school kids!  (Read 277 times)

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
Stay in school kids!
« on: February 02, 2014, 04:03:47 PM »
Warning: NSFW, graphic footage

Go on up you baldhead.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Re: Stay in school kids!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »
Holy mackerel, what the hell was that?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »
That was awesome. Damn! I wish I got that when I was in school; it wouldn't have worked but still: awesome.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »
Wow, and I thought the Japanese put an emphasis on education  :o... Please tell me this is meant to be taken as a joke.

In all seriousness, I think the reaction of the target audience would be laughter, unless they have (like some children unfortunately do) experience in growing up around warzones and minefields. In the developed world, most teens simply don't have the perspective to value their education to the degree this short wants them to.

That was awesome. Damn! I wish I got that when I was in school; it wouldn't have worked but still: awesome.
-Nam

Seems to prove my point :laugh:.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
Yeah, that stuff doesn't work. Kids who want to go to school go to school, those who don't find ways not to. I was the latter.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »
I mean, as an add, a city law was passed in my city that said if a child skips school (on or not on their own volition) then the first offense was a $100 fine to the parents, second was jail time for the parents; as stated: it didn't matter if the parents dropped the kids off at school and then they left, or if they just didn't go etc., It was to teach the children that if you commit the crime your parents will do the time.

The law didn't last that long.

-Nam

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 04:55:01 PM »
It isn't an actual commercial, and I think it has been produced primarily to create a viral YouTube video. Whether there is really meant to be some sort of "stay at school" message - who knows, but I think it's played more for rather macabre laughs.
Go on up you baldhead.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-1
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »
^^^That makes rather more sense, but I've been unpleasantly surprised over the decades how obtuse people can be. Myself included.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +551/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 09:28:31 PM »
So, they're going to mine Bondai but take the mines away during the school holidays? Seems like an idea.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
Stay in school or you'll be blown up! Didn't reefer madness teach anyone about the danger of hyperbole.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 11:33:07 PM »
So, they're going to mine Bondai but take the mines away during the school holidays? Seems like an idea.

Sounds like a tactic Thatcher would have used to maintain strict law and order (apart from the bit where the mines are removed during holidays)
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 01:02:23 AM »
Stay in school or you'll be blown up! Didn't reefer madness teach anyone about the danger of hyperbole.

Have you seen the musical? That was hilarious.

-Nam

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-1
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »
Apparently this PSA is serious:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/stay-school-viral-ad-exploding-truants-leads-graphic-campaign-1435269

Guess they thought being over-the-top would work for them. In terms of getting it seen I'd have to agree, but being taken seriously by the target audience... not so much.

--Marcus Aurelius