Author Topic: "Fields and orchards in the SKY: Highrise 'urban farms' "  (Read 127 times)

Offline shnozzola

"Fields and orchards in the SKY: Highrise 'urban farms' "
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:36:27 PM »
Highrise includes orchards, meadows and rice fields along with offices.  Energy is stored from sun and wind, and heat is trapped by tower's ‘wings’ .  No buyer has been found but the concept has inspired smaller projects.  Tokyo's nine-storey Pasona Urban Farm, for example, allows employees to grow their own food in reserved green spaces at work.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2546585/Fields-orchards-SKY-Highrise-urban-farms-future-agriculture-claims-architect.html#ixzz2s0uqtKY5

Pasona Urban Farm:
http://inhabitat.com/pasona-hq-is-an-urban-farm-that-grows-food-for-its-employees-in-tokyo/

“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: "Fields and orchards in the SKY: Highrise 'urban farms' "
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:40:37 PM »
Seems interesting. I remember something similar in the game "Eco Tycoon: Project Green". There were cylindrical-shaped buildings that were actually entire farms. I also recall seeing a post on the forum, a long time ago, about fake trees that separate CO2 into C and O2, whose design seems to have been inspired by said game. Or maybe the game's design was also inspired by something else.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:42:47 PM by One Above All »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +299/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: "Fields and orchards in the SKY: Highrise 'urban farms' "
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 06:55:05 PM »
Disney World as entire crops of various fruits/vegetables in warehouses at and around EPCOT/Pleasure Island. I've been in a few, one at Magic Kingdom is underground. They don't look like those buildings. That'd be cool.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey