Author Topic: Gay Marriage = Autism and Tornados = Votes please!  (Read 360 times)

Offline Brad the Bold

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +17/-0
Gay Marriage = Autism and Tornados = Votes please!
« on: January 31, 2014, 03:03:18 PM »
Proving there is a fine line between religious conservatism, and licking bat guano off cave walls crazy, I give you Susan Atanus.

“God is super angry,” says Atanus, Republican congressional candidate for IL district 9. (IL GOP has disavowed her and asked her to drop out)

Oh and the cold snaps that have hit the Midwest this winter? “Everybody knows that God controls the weather,” she said.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/31/illinois-republican-who-blamed-lgbts-for-autism-and-tornadoes-still-wants-their-votes/

PS - When I searched the forum to be sure that she had not been discussed, the search engine returned no results, but  it helpfully suggested that I meant to search for "at anus" instead. *tee hee*
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:05:48 PM by Brad the Bold »

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
Re: Gay Marriage = Autism and Tornados = Votes please!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 03:06:27 PM »
She's so far out there. even the Repubs don't want her.

And after state Republican Party chairperson Jack Dorgan said, “Her candidacy is neither supported nor endorsed by the leaders of our party, and she should withdraw from the race immediately,” Garcia doubts that many other people will, either.

Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »
Made me LOL. Seriously. What a mormon maroon moron.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 03:30:56 PM »
If she was running here in downstate Illinois she might have a chance, but she's running for a spot in Chicago.  She may get some of her family members to vote for her.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Brad the Bold

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +17/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:40:15 PM »
I love the phrase, "God is super angry."

Seriously? Dad is "super angry" that you scratched the car with your bike. Your girlfriend is "super angry" that you think her sister is hot. God is not super angry.

Autism and wind chill advisories? That's not "super angry" God. That's weak sauce for God wrathiness. Super angry God floods the world, drowning everyone. Super angry God incinerates entire cities with a rain of burning sulfur.

Super angry God? Susan, you would think you would know what your God is like when he is "super angry". That dude turns you into a pillar of salt if you even look at him when he's pissed!

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 04:20:45 PM »
I love the phrase, "God is super angry."

Seriously? Dad is "super angry" that you scratched the car with your bike. Your girlfriend is "super angry" that you think her sister is hot. God is not super angry.

Autism and wind chill advisories? That's not "super angry" God. That's weak sauce for God wrathiness. Super angry God floods the world, drowning everyone. Super angry God incinerates entire cities with a rain of burning sulfur.

Super angry God? Susan, you would think you would know what your God is like when he is "super angry". That dude turns you into a pillar of salt if you even look at him when he's pissed!

It cracks me up that theists can't see the disconnect between an all-powerful, loving, perfect god-being that gets jealous and angry at mere mortals.

Fuckin' whackos, I tells ya.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 04:53:23 PM »
Was he angry back in the 90's when cold weather like this was the norm rather than the exception. St. Louis used to get below zero weather every winter, for instance, but this year is the first time in over a decade that they have had it that cold. So I guess god was pretty happy with the total lack of gays and stuff in Missouri, and presumably elsewhere, for ten or twelve years. But then two guys kissed or something and he's all over their asses (everyones, not just the two gay guys).

People just aren't good at being strange any more. It used to be a woman like Atanus would just wander around the neighborhood, muttering about commies and such, and would otherwise be harmless. Now folks like that think they have to run for congress. Mostly because they suddenly seem qualified. Too bad.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Brad the Bold

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +17/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 04:57:45 PM »

It cracks me up that theists can't see the disconnect between an all-powerful, loving, perfect god-being that gets jealous and angry at mere mortals.

Fuckin' whackos, I tells ya.

Based on these, and her other comments I worry that she might be genuinely mentally ill. But, because her breaks with reality parallel a "valid" religious view she doesn't get help.

If she were claiming that aliens or dragon wizards controlled the weather to punish us for reality TV being so popular, she'd be getting some much deserved Thorazine and a nice nap.

But since she's saying "God hates fags", in a nice way, she can run for congress.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:04:17 PM by Brad the Bold »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 05:00:19 PM »
GOOD LORD! I dared click the link. That woman's face is, quite possibly, the scariest I've ever seen.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 06:33:46 PM »
I kind of respect her. I don't agree with her but she didn't lie to anyone, that I can see. I mean, most people and current politicians would backtrack and/or give a water-down[1] apology but she didn't do that. She stuck by it. So, I respect her. Again, I don't agree with anything she said.

Quote from: One Above All
GOOD LORD! I dared click the link. That woman's face is, quite possibly, the scariest I've ever seen.

She sort of looks like one of those Italian ladies who always seems in other peoples business; like on TV or in movies.

-Nam
 1. basically lie
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +558/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 10:01:53 AM »
But then two guys kissed or something and he's all over their asses (everyones, not just the two gay guys).
Yep, his modus operandi.  If someone pisses him off, he drowns the whole world, blasts entire cities, or drops years of famine on entire nations.  YHWH...the Sawed-Off Shotgun in the Sky.  Buffalo Bill, he ain't.