Author Topic: I am Nobody  (Read 540 times)

Offline JoeNobody

• Student
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
I am Nobody
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »
Who am I? Nobody! (AKA Some Random Dude On The Internet.)

I guess that I would say I am an agnostic atheist. Maybe an ignostic atheist. I simply lack belief and knowledge, and really don't have much use for god/religion. Even though I don't much care for that stuff, the conversation can be interesting.

I am not a college graduate, but I hope to hold my own in such discussions. All I ask is to not get too heavy on the philosophy front. If you do, you might have to dumb it down.

Questions?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: I am Nobody
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Nobody. I am All. :P
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Andy S.

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +41/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 04:33:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  You may find that subjects that you didn't think you'd find interesting or worthwhile can become interesting once you hear different points of view.  I find this to be a great forum for sharing ideas or just reading posts during your morning coffee (or afternoon cocktail).  Don't worry, I'm not a college grad either, just someone interested in religion or the lack of.
"The most detestable wickedness, the most horrid cruelties, and the greatest miseries, that have afflicted the human race, have had their origin in this thing called revelation, or revealed religion."
~Thomas Paine (The Age of Reason)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +131/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:06:57 PM »
Hello.

I am not a college graduate, but I hope to hold my own in such discussions. All I ask is to not get too heavy on the philosophy front. If you do, you might have to dumb it down.

A diploma on the wall doesn't make you smart, but the willingness to learn and understand does.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 08:25:29 PM »

A diploma on the wall doesn't make you smart, but the willingness to learn and understand does.

Seconded.  The great thing about knowledge is that you don't need paper (money) or paper (diploma) to reap the rewards.  It's literally the only level playing field in the developed world.  I'm in high school and I can still talk about this stuff (just at a lower level of vocabulary.)

I'm Benny.  Welcome aboard.  Don't take yourself too seriously.
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +113/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:08:23 PM »
Hello.

I could name a lot of people with PhDs who are not especially bright. The difference between a stupid person and an intelligent person, and you can quote me, is "an intelligent person says stupid things most of the time, and a stupid person keeps repeating it." If you have any doubt about this I will provide a link to a financial lecturer and advisor at a university who has his own Sumerian website where he states that humans were not able to speak but communicated by "bodily gestures" until the Sumerians invented language. He then gives a fake history of the Sumerian language as interpreted by himself.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:13:58 PM by Foxy Freedom »
The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 12:09:57 AM »
Stay away from Nsm. That guy's a real douchebag, ask anyone.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »

-Nam
Don't tell Nam we said that, though.
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »

-Nam
Don't tell Nam we said that, though.

I mistyped my name. Damn phone or damn fingers for being so huge and website for not letting me correct it. Namdamnit!

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 02:16:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum, JN. Let me know if that's an unacceptable shortening of your name.

-Nam

Don't be too scared of Nam. He can be acidic, but acid has many useful applications  ;).
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline JoeNobody

• Student
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum, JN. Let me know if that's an unacceptable shortening of your name.
JN is fine. I prefer Joe, but whatever leads to less confusion (there most likely being multiple "Joe"s who post here).

Offline JoeNobody

• Student
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 05:18:35 PM »
Nam, there is very little that actually offends me.   

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »
A belated welcome, JoeNobody. Thanks for having a name I can spell.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!